The Random Alter Bridge Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Post by Mr. Slash »

Podcast time! Justin Hawkins just released an interview with Myles.
https://youtu.be/9Pe4JgjVdKA?si=t4TPJeNQyo-sWJxG

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

"You're cheating on the audience!" :lol :lol
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Man. I was at a London Astoria gig when Hot Leg supported Alter Bridge. The crowd was exceptionally rude to Hot Leg and Justin did indeed boot a pint back at the crowd. They dealt with it well though. I thought Hot Leg was a great band.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I'm anxious now. Everyone is already starting go on their separate paths. Mark, Brian, and Flip is with Stapp making an appearance at a Texas Rangers playoff game.

Myles is set to do a benefit show with Slash in December and then after, he's doing a long tour with Slash and Co. in Japan, South America, and Europe for 3 months.

This is starting to become real. This is it, man. After these three shows in South America in November, that's it for AB when it comes to live shows for 2 years (unless something is set to be announced in 2024, which I doubt). I'm not ready for this.
Last edited by anguyen92 on Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

anguyen92 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:37 pm This is starting to become real. This is it, man. After these three shows in South America in November, that's it for AB when it comes to live shows for 2 years (unless something is set to be announced in 2024, which I doubt). I'm not ready for this.
None of my top ten bands have been on tour since the beginning of September, and won't be until November when Halestorm starts their European tour and Metallica resumes their M72 tour.

Maybe that explains my depressive state lately.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

The only hope I have for traveling out of state next year is hoping that Myles does a solo tour in the West Coast.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

anguyen92 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:37 pm I'm anxious now. Everyone is already starting go on their separate paths. Mark, Brian, and Flip is with Stapp making an appearance at a Texas Rangers playoff game.

Myles is set to do a benefit show with Slash in December and then after, he's doing a long tour with Slash and Co. in Japan, South America, and Europe for 3 months.

This is starting to become real. This is it, man. After these three shows in South America in November, that's it for AB when it comes to live shows for 2 years (unless something is set to be announced in 2024, which I doubt). I'm not ready for this.
I won't be shocked if that's it forever. :mope
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: googled this to see where it was from. I was surprised.

Post by zazthespaz »

gbruin wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:41 am
anguyen92 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:37 pm I'm anxious now. Everyone is already starting go on their separate paths. Mark, Brian, and Flip is with Stapp making an appearance at a Texas Rangers playoff game.

Shun the nonbeliever.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I wouldn't worry. I haven't popped in to the AB scene to see how you guys are taking the Creed reunion. Look, the first one in 09 was just for money and it fell apart because stapp fell off. This reunion could also be just for the cash. I mean, they've only just announced a cruise. No real tour or record. To me so far it's just to cash in on the 90's nostalgia.

But let's say it is a tour and a record and 24/25 is all creed in some sense. This will allow Myles to do more slash and solo material. If you like that material that is good news. It will allow myles to expand his horizons creatively. And when AB gets back together he'll have a lot of ideas and the time apart from the guys will probably help rejuvenate their creativity. Did you like the post creed AB records?

Mark Tremonti is simply too eclectic to stick with one band. He'll get his creative ideas for creed out of his system and move on to something else. There, as far as I know, no resentment betweeen him and myles. Tremonti famously once stated creed will get back together when hell freezes over. It got back together twice in spite of his and stapps problems. AB isn't even broken up or on "hiatus". Mark and myles are brothers and have no reason to never make music with eachother again. AB is the forever band. And that's coming from a Creed fan first.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Then why doesn't it feel like they are doing things that other bands are doing to make them feel like the forever band? I kinda wish they taken some pointers from their buddies from Sevendust when it comes to certain approaches in live shows. A. They always seem to do New Year's Eve shows and not afraid to celebrate anniversary albums by playing them in full here and there. B. Their sets from when they main supported AB are vastly different than in their current tour with Static X.

I also wished AB could have taken the time to celebrate 10 years of Fortress since, regardless of what it did in sales or public visibility, that album set the tone of what the band wants to be moving forward and it would be nice for them to get out of the box and do a live set around that album in full. Oh well.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

I never thought I would say this, considering how deep I analyze stuff about everything, including this band, but...

...y'all are overthinking.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Re: googled this to see where it was from. I was surprised.

Post by TenaciousBe »

zazthespaz wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:17 pm

Shun the nonbeliever.
SHHHHHHUUUUUUUUuuuuuuUUUUUUUUuuuunnnnNNNNNNNNNnnnnnnnnNNNNN
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Rewatching the Royal Albert Hall show. That lady in the first row, wiping away some tears during the chorus of In Loving Memory - gets me every time.

Edit - Someone uploaded the full show on YouTube 3 weeks ago. 14k views in that time. Don't understand why Alter Bridge don't upload it officially with an advert between each song or something.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Dan Dando wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:13 am Rewatching the Royal Albert Hall show. That lady in the first row, wiping away some tears during the chorus of In Loving Memory - gets me every time.

Edit - Someone uploaded the full show on YouTube 3 weeks ago. 14k views in that time. Don't understand why Alter Bridge don't upload it officially with an advert between each song or something.
The band's PR and marketing approach is interesting at the best of times. I think that they miss out on a lot of exposure and revenue opportunities.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ Now I don't know if they have the opportunities or options to collaborate with other companies to do stuff. Like they did a Halloween based comic book a few years back (in which I don't know what the content of the book contains). I just think look at their contemporaries. Bands like Shinedown, Halestorm, Volbeat, Gojira, Disturbed, etc. all released a hockey jersey in recent times. I've been wanting AB to get in on that (so I can go ahead and buy and own said hockey jerseys).

Even Black Stone Cherry has announced, today, that they are collaborating with a bourbon company to release a limited sales bourbon drink with their brand on it.

Either AB feels like the endeavors is not worth it to them, or maybe the opportunities haven't been offered to them.

Edit: Looking at that Three Chords Bourbon website, even Halestorm is also releasing a drink with their brand on it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Someone tell my sister to look at this post.

Post by zazthespaz »

The bands that I've seen do drink colabs tend to be southern-rock (skewed) bands pairing up with whiskey/bourbon brands. I'm surprised to see Halestorm doing it but I guess they do have a country-leaning fanbase after the colab with Eric Church. AB doesn't seem like a whiskey band to me, but that's just my opinion (not that I know what kind of liquor I'd say they're a good match for). Plus, I think it'd be kind of insensitive for the band to do given Brian's sobriety. Additonally, if too many bands jump on that bandwagon, it could (and probably will) become gimmicky.

Speaking of the ODR comic book, did anyone give the record that came along with it a spin? I don't feel like I heard anything about it and wouldn't mind ODR on vinyl.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ I get your point on jumping on the brand drinks bandwagon, but I was just using that as an example of bands collabing with someone outside of the box on the merch end. I do want AB to jump onto the hockey jersey bandwagon gimmick though. It just seems like every other month or so, Puck Hcky releases a new line of jerseys for a band and I go, "Gosh, I really wish AB have the means to get in on that."

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Re: Someone tell my sister to look at this post.

Post by TenaciousBe »

zazthespaz wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:41 am The bands that I've seen do drink colabs tend to be southern-rock (skewed) bands pairing up with whiskey/bourbon brands. I'm surprised to see Halestorm doing it but I guess they do have a country-leaning fanbase after the colab with Eric Church. AB doesn't seem like a whiskey band to me, but that's just my opinion (not that I know what kind of liquor I'd say they're a good match for). Plus, I think it'd be kind of insensitive for the band to do given Brian's sobriety. Additonally, if too many bands jump on that bandwagon, it could (and probably will) become gimmicky.

Speaking of the ODR comic book, did anyone give the record that came along with it a spin? I don't feel like I heard anything about it and wouldn't mind ODR on vinyl.
I got the vinyl (a good vinyl-collecting friend sent it to me last year for Christmas) but I have yet to listen. My record player has kind of crappy sound and I just don't use it that much. I have a handful of vinyl albums in this realm (Myles' YOTT, Blackbird, just got Creed's MOP a while back cause there was a sweet metallic silver vinyl at walmart,, Foo Fighters greatest hits, etc), just don't use them that much. I should get on that!
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Anybody else ever noticed this super loud snare hit in Brand New Start at 4:19 before? Something might have gone a bit wrong with the compression I guess as the rest of the snare hits is quite subdued.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Dolo wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:23 am Anybody else ever noticed this super loud snare hit in Brand New Start at 4:19 before? Something might have gone a bit wrong with the compression I guess as the rest of the snare hits is quite subdued.
Maybe an edit doubled up on it?