Alter Bridge To Headline Download 2017?

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Alter Bridge To Headline Download 2017?

Post by Timotheus »

Mark Tremonti says Alter Bridge are being lined up to headline Download 2017.

The guitarist is at Donington with his Tremonti solo project and played on the Main Stage today (June 14). And he repeated his plan for Alter Bridge to issue the follow-up to 2013's Fortress next year and that he hopes to headline Download in two years' time.

Tremonti tells TeamRock Radio: "I just talked to our agent and he said he's going to try and have Alter Bridge headline next time, in 2017, which would be amazing. Headlining Download... I could walk away from that one and retire.

"We'll come out with a record next year and I'll still be touring Tremonti as well. I don't think we'll have the Alter Bridge record ready to do Download next year."
http://www.teamrock.com/news/2015-06-14 ... dline-slot

Personally I don't see it happening. If it happens they need to up their game big time. It would be incredible though. I'd consider traveling to the UK for that.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Alter Bridge To Headline Download 2017?

Post by BSC »

They could definitely headline the second stage, like Black Stone Cherry have done twice now. The guys definitely deserve to headline main stage Download, but I think they need a huge mainstream hit on their next album for it to happen, Andy Copping (may be mistaken as to his name) has said something along those lines.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Tremonti just needs to write Higher II with Chad Kroeger as a co leadsinger next to Myles and add a metal core breakdown to the song. Oh yeah, and there should be some keyboard fills and melodies by David Guetta or Avicii. This way they'll have an international hit single and in consequence the place as a headliner on every bigger festival will be taken by Alter Bridge (featuring Chad Kroeger from Nickelback and David Guetta)

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Yeah but like where is Dave Grohl?

Aaron
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Aaron »

I think they can do it. By then Metallica will have a new album so they will probably headline a day

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

I could walk away from that one and retire
Don't even joke about that, Mark.
Alterations: Dec 2010, May 2011, August 2011x2, Sept 2011, Oct 2014x2

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

[Leaked Alter Bridge 2017 Download setlist breakdown]

10 songs from Blackbird
Maybe a new song or two

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I've already made my thoughts clear about it. I guess what I'm really afraid of is what happens if they don't really succeed and don't pull the big #s for Download. People put a good amount of blame on Avenged Sevenfold headlining in 2014 as a reason why Download was not as successful in 2012 and 2013. I just don't want to see that sort of pessimistic views happening with AB.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

AB4Lyfe wrote:[Leaked Alter Bridge 2017 Download setlist breakdown]

10 songs from Blackbird
Maybe a new song or two
:D

"But you don't understand! They had to play the best set possible, because this is the biggest show of their career (again)".
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Timotheus wrote: :D

"But you don't understand! They had to play the best set possible, because this is the biggest show of their career (again)".
And every time someone keeps billing an AB show as that, I sometimes do it too, something seems a bit off in that particular show. I hear word that Myles seems to suffer a bit of nervousness of some kind when being put in that kind of spot.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

He apparently was incredibly nervous before Live From Amsterdam as well, and that turned out alright.
Last edited by Timotheus on Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Oh yeah, that's right. I tend to forget that he had a little something to drink before that show.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

I would want them to step up their game in terms of being able to make it more than just them playing the songs in front of the crowd. Pyro, a better stage design, more crowd interaction and such, and more energy from the band. Just my honest opinion, i want them to have a good show, and headlining is a big task for a festival like Download.
Thanks Timo!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I repeat. All I do not want them to do is have the mentality of trying to pull off the epic show, because of the location they are in, when coming just short to the point where we leave ourselves disappointed in the end.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

If this is a serious thing, then I completely agree with Austin. They need to try to put on a show as opposed to just having a concert.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I've been to Rock on the Range 5 times, seen roughly 100 bands there over the years, and Myles is one of the least interactive frontmen I've seen. His performances are great, but headliners always have a frontman that can take a show to another level. Like Austin said, it's the difference between a good performance and putting on a show.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I don't think a band needs to have a super active and interactive frontman to headline a festival like Download. Often the "look-at-me" kind of frontmen annoy me a lot more than the ones that just do their thing.

If they were to headline Download and Myles acted like he did back in '08, I think it would go down pretty well. They would have to compensate with very impressive visuals though.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

nah

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Thanks for your input, we can lock the thread now. Ryan, little help please?

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Timotheus wrote:I don't think a band needs to have a super active and interactive frontman to headline a festival like Download. Often the "look-at-me" kind of frontmen annoy me a lot more than the ones that just do their thing.

If they were to headline Download and Myles acted like he did back in '08, I think it would go down pretty well. They would have to compensate with very impressive visuals though.
While I agree, I think there's a slight difference between being a super active frontman and having a frontman that can control the audience...if that makes sense. I think Corey Taylor or really good at controlling a crowd without jumping around and showboating. You can usually tell how confident a singer is by the way they act on stage.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.