Alter Bridge Summer Tour '16

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Alter Bridge Summer Tour '16

Post by Blackbird »

Raven wrote:
abw1987 wrote:
dFhimz wrote:
devv88 wrote:That seven-song set I just heard, while awesome, was some major bullshit. They need to come back to Toronto to headline.
Did they omit Blackbird?
According to setlist.fm, no:
  1. Come to Life
  2. Farther Than the Sun
  3. Ties That Bind
  4. Isolation
  5. Metalingus
  6. Blackbird
  7. Rise Today

Pretty good set given their time slot, IMO. Same set that I saw in Scranton, except they traded ATP for Blackbird.

They need to retire Rise Today from their regular set list imo so many great songs they never play live :shrug
Rise Today is a perfect closer though. Alter Bridge have a lot of songs with dark and depressing themes and atmospheres, you really need a positive song to end the set, and Rise Today, both lyrically and musically, is perfect for that. I agree that they could dump it if they had something to replace it in that function, but as long as they don't, they should keep it.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I don't really get why it's so important to end on a positive note.

I personally think Rise Today is a great closer, but ending and starting with something new would make those songs more memorable.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

They should just mix it up one day and close with "The End is Here".

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Call me an heretic, but I think playing a long song like Blackbird in a 30 minute set is a mistake.
Closing with Rise Today isn't the smartest idea either. I'm not a big fan of Open your Eyes, but this song was a much better closer with the crowd sing-alongs.

Gingerella72
Brand New Start

Post by Gingerella72 »

PRS10Top wrote:Does anyone know if autographs are allowed for the meet n greet on the headlining tour? I saw something about them not being allowed on the stadium tours. Just curious, I want to spend the $165 for it but no pictures, no autographs.....IDK.
The VIP package sold through VIP Nation said it includes an official photo with the band, meaning they have a photographer there who takes the photos and then uploads them to the VIP Nation website a few days after the concert and you can download and save it then. As to the autographs, I don't know. I purchased the VIP package for the first time (my first time seeing AB, too!) and have no idea what else to expect.

Maybe the more experienced AB concert goers here can give more details about what happens at the meet and greets? Pretty please? :)

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Gingerella72 wrote:
PRS10Top wrote:Does anyone know if autographs are allowed for the meet n greet on the headlining tour? I saw something about them not being allowed on the stadium tours. Just curious, I want to spend the $165 for it but no pictures, no autographs.....IDK.
The VIP package sold through VIP Nation said it includes an official photo with the band, meaning they have a photographer there who takes the photos and then uploads them to the VIP Nation website a few days after the concert and you can download and save it then. As to the autographs, I don't know. I purchased the VIP package for the first time (my first time seeing AB, too!) and have no idea what else to expect.

Maybe the more experienced AB concert goers here can give more details about what happens at the meet and greets? Pretty please? :)
I just got my VIP letter yesterday, so here's what I know...

The usual case in the past, and it looks the same this time, is they will tell you when and where to meet, usually 3+ hours before the show or so. They bring the VIPs in at whatever specified time and you go through the line to get your picture taken with the band. It's pretty quick and you have really just a few seconds to say a quick hello to each member before they take the photo. At the last AB show here, after the photos, we all got back in line and were given a poster and the other gifts. Each of the band was sitting at a long table and we moved from spot to spot to get the poster signed, and there was a little better opportunity to say a quick hello and ask everyone a question or something. Most people also got a CD or the box set signed in that same line. However, the letter I got for this VIP session specially said not to bring anything to get autographed. I don't know if we'll get the poster autographed or if that will be signed ahead of time.

My concert/VIP is tomorrow, so I'll update on how the process went for us.

One thing that's certain...it always seems to go too fast. You'd love to just sit and have a chat with the guys or listen to them tell stories to others, but they have a lot of people to get through and the band has all their pre-show routine to do, too. Despite that, it's still always a great experience. Each of them is so kind and approachable, so I'm sure you'll love it!
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Not loving Mark's tone with the volume rolled back at all.. Needs to go back to 2008 when it was a different channel entirely

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

Jim wrote:Not loving Mark's tone with the volume rolled back at all.. Needs to go back to 2008 when it was a different channel entirely
Honestly I feel like they are doing that because they are only doing those short opening sets. Easier/quicker setup and to take down. When they do a headlining tour I'm sure we will get something better.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Myles sang Sound of Silence with Disturbed tonight

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

AllC392Was wrote:Myles sang Sound of Silence with Disturbed tonight
I hope he did more than the last time. You could barely hear him or Mark when they performed that one Disturbed song together.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Duuude, I need to hear this!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Krissie
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Krissie »

Timotheus wrote:Duuude, I need to hear this!

Found two videos so far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4kcotPp4g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN-jhQBVnh8

Myles is more prominent this time :) compared to his previous guest role.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Thanks Krissie!

Wow, that did not disappoint...
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Krissie
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Krissie »

Timotheus wrote:Thanks Krissie!

Wow, that did not disappoint...
You're welcome :)

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Problem with these types of performances, is that Draiman's voice is so low and monotone, yet really powerful in the song because that's just the way he decided to sing it, so when you have Myles singing with you, he does the opposite and sings high or 'regularly' and it doesn't sound anything like Draiman. I'd like it if Myles would actually try and sing on a lower register closer to how Draiman sounds for a song like this.

Nicklord
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Nicklord »

I like their synchronised moves :lol

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:Problem with these types of performances, is that Draiman's voice is so low and monotone, yet really powerful in the song because that's just the way he decided to sing it, so when you have Myles singing with you, he does the opposite and sings high or 'regularly' and it doesn't sound anything like Draiman. I'd like it if Myles would actually try and sing on a lower register closer to how Draiman sounds for a song like this.
Draiman really isn't singing low anymore in the second part of the song. Myles could've kept singing the lower harmony from the first part when Draiman got an octave up but that would've sounded really weak. I thought it blended pretty well.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Timotheus wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:Problem with these types of performances, is that Draiman's voice is so low and monotone, yet really powerful in the song because that's just the way he decided to sing it, so when you have Myles singing with you, he does the opposite and sings high or 'regularly' and it doesn't sound anything like Draiman. I'd like it if Myles would actually try and sing on a lower register closer to how Draiman sounds for a song like this.
Draiman really isn't singing low anymore in the second part of the song. Myles could've kept singing the lower harmony from the first part when Draiman got an octave up but that would've sounded really weak. I thought it blended pretty well.
Myles is really doing the background harmony. I don't think he is or should be trying to compete with David during a Disturbed set. He is a class act after all.

Gingerella72
Brand New Start

Post by Gingerella72 »

gbruin wrote:
Gingerella72 wrote:

The usual case in the past, and it looks the same this time, is they will tell you when and where to meet, usually 3+ hours before the show or so. They bring the VIPs in at whatever specified time and you go through the line to get your picture taken with the band. It's pretty quick and you have really just a few seconds to say a quick hello to each member before they take the photo. At the last AB show here, after the photos, we all got back in line and were given a poster and the other gifts. Each of the band was sitting at a long table and we moved from spot to spot to get the poster signed, and there was a little better opportunity to say a quick hello and ask everyone a question or something. Most people also got a CD or the box set signed in that same line. However, the letter I got for this VIP session specially said not to bring anything to get autographed. I don't know if we'll get the poster autographed or if that will be signed ahead of time.

One thing that's certain...it always seems to go too fast. You'd love to just sit and have a chat with the guys or listen to them tell stories to others, but they have a lot of people to get through and the band has all their pre-show routine to do, too. Despite that, it's still always a great experience. Each of them is so kind and approachable, so I'm sure you'll love it!
Thank you for the rundown! I'd love to hear more of your experience if you don't mind sharing. That's too bad that it's so quick, I've been wondering what on earth I was going to say to them that didn't sound trite but if it's that quick maybe I don't have to worry too much, lol. Did you get to hear the sound check too or was that done prior to the VIPs coming in? Do they let you take extra photos - not with the band, but just standing in line shooting various things?

PRS10Top
TABN.com Citizen

Post by PRS10Top »

gbruin wrote:
Gingerella72 wrote:

Thanks for sharing. I wonder if it will be any different/more lenient with the headlining shows. I can see how they are on tighter timelines and such with three other bands playing. We will see.