Mini Fall US Tour 9/22 - 10/10

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
austin.
On The Rail

Re: Mini Fall US Tour 9/22 - 10/10

Post by austin. »

AHart96 wrote:
austin. wrote:Just spent a hundred of the two hundred I made on two tickets and fast lane passes. Prolly 30 for gas Id say. And rents due. Gonna be a real tight week money wise. Hate living paycheck to paycheck.

But I'm now confirmed to be in Charlotte Tuesday night.

See you there Ahart. I'll have a grey Guinness graphic T shirt on. Wife has huge Double D's. Can't miss us. Please say hello.
Awesome, buddy. I'll be looking out for you guys! I'll be there in my Dusted King t-shirt with a guy that looks exactly like me.

Any idea what time we get in with the Fast Pass?

Not a clue but I'm one to get there as early as possible. Planning to leave home around noon and get to Charlotte around 3. Wish there was more within the Music Factory like food or something but no big deal. If you've never been, it's barely in Charlotte. Not even really what you think of when you think of a big city like Charlotte. Also it's easy to miss. It's basically off an exit all by itself. I was almost late for a Staind show there one time due to GPS turning us around twice. Where you aiming to be standing? I'm gonna try to get the best spot between Mark and Myles. Wonder how many VIPS will be ahead of us.

You move like a rollercoaster at shows Ahart? Don't laugh at us :p

Also any idea if there's a way to see how many tickets have been sold? This show has quite a few attendees on bandisintown Facebook etc.

Felypesh
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Felypesh »

Make It Right!?? That's new

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ Well, that's certainly something out of left field that I did not expect. If they actually did play it, huzzah, my prayers has been answered! A rare song being played and one they had never actually played live before.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

YES!!!!!! Fuck yeah Make It Right!

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

WHAT THE FUCK FUCK SAH MAKE IT RIGHT WHAT?!
Thanks Timo!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Whaaaat. Why am I so excited that they played my least favorite Alter Bridge song?! :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

One of my favorites off of AB3. Someone on the Army of 12 FB confirmed they played it.

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

Haha well at least it's something new! :P

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Timotheus wrote:Whaaaat. Why am I so excited that they played my least favorite Alter Bridge song?! :lol
Because Timo, change.....

SamarthJoshi
TABN.com Citizen

Post by SamarthJoshi »

I absolutely loved that song when AB III came out and still do! Couldn't think of a possible explanation as to why they didn't play it live till now. So excited!!

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Loving the AB III switch ups every night. Now if they can just drop BTC for Poison (#3 would be a great spot for it in the set) I'd be the happiest guy in the world.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

jcrowe
Brand New Start

Post by jcrowe »

That show last night in Lincoln was top notch! Pretty cool to see them play Make it Right for the first time. Not a bad live song at all. It was my 10th AB show and 3rd one in Lincoln. Definitely the largest most energetic crowd I've seen for AB in that city. Seems like the guys have made some new fans!

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

If we could get a Make It Right vid right about now, that'd be fucking fantastic.

Gingerella72
Brand New Start

Post by Gingerella72 »

Felypesh wrote:Image

Make It Right!?? That's new
Yes! I don't know who this guy is but I remember seeing him at the Lincoln show last night. Myles said they were going to attempt a song they haven't played live in years and he and Brian and Mark were all holding up crossed fingers that nothing went wrong, lol. Then he said it's "Make it Right" and the crowd went nuts. No flubs as far as I can tell, and the guys all looked relieved at the end of the song, too. :) I remember too Myles saying something before hand (paraphrasing here) like "I know you're probably all thinking, we're the ones who wrote these songs, shouldn't we still know them all by heart but no, it doesn't work like that" or something close to that.

The other surprise of the night was Myles' acoustic set where he started Wonderful Life, and it looked like an impulse/instinct move that after only a few words sung he stopped playing the guitar because he could hear how loud the audience was singing along and just sang the first verse acapella along with the audience, it felt like he could tell what a magical moment it was and wanted to savor it without the guitar, if that makes any sense. I have a video of it but don't know how to upload it here; do I have to have it as a youtube link before sharing it here?

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Yes please, that sounds amazing!

(Yes also to youtube!)
For all of the hope that it brings...

Gingerella72
Brand New Start

Post by Gingerella72 »

jcrowe wrote:That show last night in Lincoln was top notch! Pretty cool to see them play Make it Right for the first time. Not a bad live song at all. It was my 10th AB show and 3rd one in Lincoln. Definitely the largest most energetic crowd I've seen for AB in that city. Seems like the guys have made some new fans!
It was my first AB show; I loved it when Myles said at the end they were blown away by how enthusiastic the crowd was.

I tried to record Make it Right but the volume was too loud for my cheap camera's microphone and the sound is 100% garbled static. My only video that turned out was the acoustic set.

Gingerella72
Brand New Start

Post by Gingerella72 »

Ubik wrote:Yes please, that sounds amazing!

(Yes also to youtube!)
OK Here is my video of Wonderful Life/Watch Over You from Lincoln 9-29 (not sure how to imbed the video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYUqa0u ... e=youtu.be

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Awesome! Myles was definitely super into that!

(In case you wanted to post any more vids, you just put the link that comes up when you click the "share" button under the video, in between the tags [youtube][/youtube])
For all of the hope that it brings...

Gingerella72
Brand New Start

Post by Gingerella72 »

Ubik, thank you! Yes, it definitely wasn't a "phoned in" performance. The whole night was like that, even though it was my first AB show I could tell this one was special. Myles even said at the end of the show (paraphrasing again) that they were blown away by our enthusiasm, that even though they had toured Europe and Latin America, we (Lincoln) were rating right on up there with the best of their prior audiences. I thought that was cool, and hoped it wasn't something he just says to every audience to make them feel special, lol.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »