Least Favourite Song From The Last Hero

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!

Least Favourite Song From The Last Hero

Show Me A Leader
2%
The Writing On The Wall
6%
The Other Side
2%
My Champion
7%
Poison In Your Veins
3%
Cradle To The Grave
No votes
Losing Patience
13%
This Side Of Fate
8%
You Will Be Remembered
30%
Crows On A Wire
7%
Twilight
14%
Island Of Fools
No votes
The Last Hero
No votes
Last Of Our Kind / Symphony Of Agony
7%
Breathe
2%

Total votes: 106

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: Least Favourite Song From The Last Hero

Post by Ubik »

This Side of Fate is 4th! Rebels.

I think if Losing Patience had less stuff going on in the chorus I'd enjoy it a lot more. I really like the opening of it the with the sudden swell and the chorus has a cool melody, bridge is fun too. But I can see why people don't get on with that one.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Box Of Frogz
Bought The CDs

Post by Box Of Frogz »

Voted Twilight. You Will Be Remembered is one of my favourites. Go figure!

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

Wow, so many people who dislike Twilight. I wonder if most of you also don't like ABIII that much because I think Twilight has a style that would've easily fit on that album. That's actually one of the reasons why I think it's a really good song.

Also... yeah, four votes for This Side Of Fate. That's unbelievable.

mikeyd23
TABN.com Citizen

Post by mikeyd23 »

Blackbird wrote:Wow, so many people who dislike Twilight. I wonder if most of you also don't like ABIII that much because I think Twilight has a style that would've easily fit on that album. That's actually one of the reasons why I think it's a really good song.

Twilight is my least favorite song on TLH and ABIII is my least favorite AB album.

Not a bad song and not a bad album, just my least favorites in their respective categories.

Vaux
Isolated

Post by Vaux »

Show Me A Leader (minus the intro). Not that it's a terrible song, but it's an average one that I don't think I have listened to one single time since the CD came out.

Sad to see YWBR as the majority least favorite :/
Last edited by Vaux on Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Lukeage
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Lukeage »

It was a really tough decision, but I was really torn between "You Will Be Remembered", "This Side of Fate" and "Twilight". None of those 3 do anything for me.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

Ubik wrote:You Will Be Remembered. Just cannot get on with that chorus at all. Probably in their all time bottom five.
Yep, definitely. It's the most bland ballad that they've written, IMO, and just isn't memorable at all. It's the only song that I skip on this album.
Blackbird wrote:Also... yeah, four votes for This Side Of Fate. That's unbelievable.
Yeah, I don't get that either, I think the song's brilliant. Then again, Muse is one of my other favorite bands, so make of that what you will.

Kreuger33
Loyal Follower

Post by Kreuger33 »

Blackbird wrote:Wow, so many people who dislike Twilight. I wonder if most of you also don't like ABIII that much because I think Twilight has a style that would've easily fit on that album. That's actually one of the reasons why I think it's a really good song.

From what Ive seen, 3 is generally the least liked album and Blackbird is overly praised. I love it though. And I dont know that Twilight would fit on there. Im not big on the song either.

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

Kreuger33 wrote:From what Ive seen, 3 is generally the least liked album and Blackbird is overly praised. I love it though. And I dont know that Twilight would fit on there. Im not big on the song either.
Seems to me that if you remove those albums' title tracks (Blackbird from Blackbird and Fortress from Fortress), then the Fortress album would be the clear-cut winner from fans here.

Or ODR...

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

Writing On the Wall. I've actually come to like My Champion, the music itself is actually really good, and I don't get the hate for You Will Be Remembered. It's just a nice, Before Tomorrow Comes style ballad with a pretty catchy chorus.

Writing On the Wall, however, is the only song on the album that is utterly forgettable. Crows on a Wire is a similar but much better version of it.

Green_Hammock
Brand New Start

Post by Green_Hammock »

Kreuger33 wrote:

From what Ive seen, 3 is generally the least liked album and Blackbird is overly praised. I love it though. And I dont know that Twilight would fit on there. Im not big on the song either.
I think Twilight is a similar kind of style to what we hear of a few songs on AB III, I agree it would have definitely fit in there. I think it reminds me specifically of Home. I like the song, not one of my top 5 but definitely not my least favourite off TLH.

I voted for Last of Our Kind, it just doesn't really do anything for me. It's one of those songs where I can agree it should have been a B Side, much like Zero off AB III. Other than that I might have voted for Show Me A Leader, which is also frequently skipped.

I'm surprised that people don't like You Will Be Remembered and I can't believe 5 people voted for This Side of Fate, those 5 people should be put to death.

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

Green_Hammock wrote:
Kreuger33 wrote:

I think Twilight is a similar kind of style to what we hear of a few songs on AB III, I agree it would have definitely fit in there. I think it reminds me specifically of Home. I like the song, not one of my top 5 but definitely not my least favourite off TLH.

I voted for Last of Our Kind, it just doesn't really do anything for me. It's one of those songs where I can agree it should have been a B Side, much like Zero off AB III. Other than that I might have voted for Show Me A Leader, which is also frequently skipped.

I'm surprised that people don't like You Will Be Remembered and I can't believe 5 people voted for This Side of Fate, those 5 people should be put to death.
Woah, calm down there bro.

nildiven
Bought The CDs

Post by nildiven »

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
Kreuger33 wrote:From what Ive seen, 3 is generally the least liked album and Blackbird is overly praised. I love it though. And I dont know that Twilight would fit on there. Im not big on the song either.
Seems to me that if you remove those albums' title tracks (Blackbird from Blackbird and Fortress from Fortress), then the Fortress album would be the clear-cut winner from fans here.

Or ODR...
Agreed, but that just goes to show how good of a song blackbird is. Pretty much the defining song of the band thus far and instantly cemented them as many fans fav band when it was released.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

If Blackbird wasn't on Blackbird it would still be my favorite album.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Love how TLH, Cradle, Island and TOS have no votes in this poll. I hope that the guys are taking notes.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

SchwiizVT12
TABN.com Citizen

Post by SchwiizVT12 »

The keys in "This Side of Fate" irk me to no end. It almost gives off a B- or C-list film score vibe because they sound... I dunno, not cheap, but something about the tone of the keys at the beginning of the song bothers me. Rest of the song is really strong though, especially the mid section with Myles' solo.

That being said, for me it was a toss up between "Losing Patience" and "Crows on a Wire". Went with LP.

Schulzy
White Knuckled

Post by Schulzy »

You Will be Remembered for me as I can't even remember how the song goes after it's over. Twilight is second. For me it's like Make It Right with different lyrics.
_^:Tangled in your trance and I'm certain:^_

Kreuger33
Loyal Follower

Post by Kreuger33 »

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:

Or ODR...
Fortress the song is better than anything on Blackbird.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

lol Fortress is a very overrated song imo. You take out the bridge and it's pretty much below average in AB's repertoire.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

and I have officially removed Writing on the Wall on my phone. It hasn't grown on me. It's just as terrible as it was the first time I listened to it.