Alter Bridge - Live At The Royal Albert Hall

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Violinists deserve stalkers, too

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

Hey gbruin, I was searching for an old post of mine, and ran across these two that you made. Yes, they are very old, and possibly irrelevant now haha.
gbruin wrote:
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
gbruin wrote:Hmm. Was that really a good idea, Muffin? :shifty
LOL she could always use another fan.

Anyway, I'm doing a little mini-project of taking the BD audio, doing a little mixing on the low end (as others have mentioned), and going to save those clips to MP3 instead of the CD files and their mix. That one is just a bit too rough for me.
What are you using to rip the Blu-ray to mp3? I'd love to do that too. I'm not savvy enough to remix anything, but the CD sound is pretty disappointing and if I could listen to the Blu-ray instead, I'd never play the CD again. Any advice would be much appreciated!
gbruin wrote:
MuffinMcFluffin wrote: That being said, they do have a 2.0 mix and I haven't heard it yet... but I wouldn't bother listening to the 5.1 mix on a 2.0 set. I would then just choose the 2.0 option. The 5.1 is intended for somebody with five channels and a subwoofer. Now, did they do it perfectly? Not even close; the low-frequency effects are absent and the sound itself is not the clearest, but the separation is there and it helps much more than the CD version, that much I can say. I even ripped them to my computer and can make better sounding 2.0 versions than the CD one if you want to hear a sample.
Yeah, I'd love to hear a sample, and what you used to rip the BluRay to mp3. :bow
I'm so sorry that I never responded to these! I guess I simply didn't see them. What are the odds that I missed two of them? I have no freakin' idea. Maybe I just couldn't respond at the time (I see a lot of these while at school), and never looked back. My bad.

Anyway, I used MakeMKV to rip the Blu-ray itself. Once I did that, I used Lame and FFmpeg to import the six channels of the 5.1 track into Audacity. If you haven't done any of this before, sadly I'm not the person to go to for a tutorial, but Google will really be your friend on this one! First thing you'd need, though, is a Blu-ray drive.

However, if you personally want the whole 5.1 audio as a WAV file or something (MP3 has to downmix to two channels), then let me know and I can send it to you through Google Drive or something. That way it's uncompressed, and all you have to do is just open the file up in Audacity.

I might go back to this project again, because life got in the way for me to continue on with it at the time.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

I thinks hers are much less accidental than yours

Post by gbruin »

Oh, no probs at all. My wife has "missed" hundreds of comments from me. You're fine! :lol
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Alter Bridge - Live At The Royal Albert Hall

Post by riemslag1 »

Would like to see an orchestra-only version of the whole concert on cd

Trenthetfield
Brand New Start

Post by Trenthetfield »

Always been disappointed that the orchestra wasn't higher in the mix on this, and bemused as to why they would go to all that expense to then have them virtually inaudible. However, have just got some new headphones, and so been testing various things with them. One was this Bluray. On the stereo setting - still the same - very low in the mix. But with the surround sound setting - I can actually hear the orchestra properly at last - or at least as good as you will unless they release more orchestra only videos. Give it a try if you haven't already....

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

I once found a full video of Live At The Royal Albert Hall on some website (not YouTube). I think I got the link from Alter Bridge Nation. However, it's not showing up in Google searches. Anybody know where I can find it? Thank you!
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Yeah, since this is an official release, we can't state here if there are any full videos out there and we would advocate buying the release if possible. I highly doubt anyone here actually posted a link of the full video. You are on your own there.

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

maximzub wrote:I once found a full video of Live At The Royal Albert Hall on some website (not YouTube). I think I got the link from Alter Bridge Nation. However, it's not showing up in Google searches. Anybody know where I can find it? Thank you!
It would be cool if you could support the band and purchase it for yourself.

The only thing I ever considered doing for somebody on here was giving them a better 2.0 "CD" version that is kind of arranged from the Blu-ray lossless mix, but that's because they had proof of having owned it already.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

I already have the CD, but I wish I could have the video as well.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

maximzub wrote:I already have the CD, but I wish I could have the video as well.
Even so, it would be best not to ask on here and to purchase the DVD if you want to watch the full video. For one, the quality will be much better and secondly, the band would get its due.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

For what it's worth, the full video is still available to stream on Amazon Prime (at least in the US, not sure about overseas). I don't know how much the band gets as far as revenue from those streams, but I'm sure it's something. Purchasing the DVD / Blu-Ray would be better as far as supporting the band, but if you just want to watch it, it's available there and it's an official upload, not a shady pirated version that undercuts the band completely. In fact, I'd bet bumping up their streaming numbers on Amazon would help them in terms of their overall "popularity" amongst the general music world. Imagine if we got all of the AB fanbase to go out there and stream it a bunch, jam it up the Amazon charts and get a 2+ year old concert video trending? That'd be big news. :)
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

I'm in the US, and yes, that's exactly what I did. Best Alter Bridge show out there.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

Having a few shots of peanut butter whiskey and smoking a big ol' joint while revisiting this absolute career opus!

This band means so goddamn much me...
Pardon the brief emotional tsunami.

Alter Bridge has helped pull me through a lot of dark, wild shit over the past twelve or so years.
Crippling anxiety and depression, tragic loss, excruciating pain, heartbreak, scorn, bitterness, thoughts of suicide and bouts of self-loathing and addiction. The music, the lyrics, the genuinely cool, down to earth nature of it's individual members and their unbelievably positive, supportive fanbase...

It's truly remarkable the power conveyed by these four talented and humble dudes that have brought ALL of us together!

Stay radical, all of you.
Love and greetings from Bangor, Maine.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

I don't know if this is the right thread for this post, but oh well.

I periodically make playlists of my favorite songs that would sound good with symphony, complete with ideas on how the symphony would sound with the songs. Each time, it reflects my current taste in music. I'm right now working on version #4 of the playlist. It has 10 sets of 10 songs each, one set of 12 songs, and an "encore" song.

Anyway, here are the Alter Bridge songs that are on there. (There are lots of other songs, so this list of songs cannot be a "setlist" by itself.)

From Set 1:
All Ends Well
Fortress (after first fake pause and before guitar solos, drums and bass continue while piano takes over melody)

From Set 2:
In Loving Memory

From Set 3:
Watch Over You (full band version)

From Set 5:
The Writing On The Wall
Come To Life (with string instrument outro)
Before Tomorrow Comes
I Know It Hurts
Waters Rising
Words Darker Than Their Wings

From Set 6:
Slip To The Void
The Last Hero
Show Me A Leader (starts with piano/string arrangement of the verse and chorus, then harp plays clean guitar intro)
Native Son
Cradle To The Grave
Crows On A Wire
Isolation

From Set 7:
Cry Of Achilles (muted string instruments play intro once, then unmuted strings play intro again...sounds like action movie music to me)
Open Your Eyes
Calm The Fire (piano plays acoustic guitar intro, strings play all the things that the effects are doing in the intro)
The End Is Here
The Uninvited
Addicted To Pain

What do you guys think? Is there anything else that can fit really well? (Don't say Blackbird, because I can't listen to that song anymore. It's too sad.)
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!