Peace Is Broken... Live?

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
maximzub
On The Rail

Re: Peace Is Broken... Live?

Post by maximzub »

Show Me A Sign (audio is replaced with USB audio)

Still Remains

http://www.mediafire.com/?3d1s5a8m5iokp

Life Must Go On you have to buy it. It's on two of the USBs. But it exists.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

The sound quality of these USBs seems to be better than what we got to hear on the last few DVDs

rscotta831
TABN.com Citizen

Post by rscotta831 »

maximzub wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:16 pm Show Me A Sign (audio is replaced with USB audio)

Still Remains

I have three USBs of their ABIII tour, which includes Still Remains and Life Must Go On. They are far better than from the audience, but not DVD / CD quality because they were merely recorded from the soundboard and immediately placed on USBs to be bought after their shows. They were not mixed or mastered in the least, in fact, they're distorted/brickwalled in many areas, thus they are not considered "pro" recordings. I stand by my "about half" of the album comment.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

rscotta831 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:04 pm
maximzub wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:16 pm Show Me A Sign (audio is replaced with USB audio)

Still Remains

I have three USBs of their ABIII tour, which includes Still Remains and Life Must Go On. They are far better than from the audience, but not DVD / CD quality because they were merely recorded from the soundboard and immediately placed on USBs to be bought after their shows. They were not mixed or mastered in the least, in fact, they're distorted/brickwalled in many areas, thus they are not considered "pro" recordings. I stand by my "about half" of the album comment.
Well then, you must be very picky.

I guess you would then say there is no pro recording of Down To My Last when there are at least two just on YouTube.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

rscotta831
TABN.com Citizen

Post by rscotta831 »

Mr. Slash wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:28 pm The sound quality of these USBs seems to be better than what we got to hear on the last few DVDs
Wow. Their DVD audio >>>>>>> USB recordings. It's not even close. Which DVDs sound THAT poor?

rscotta831
TABN.com Citizen

Post by rscotta831 »

maximzub wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:05 pm

Still Remains

I guess you would then say there is no pro recording of Down To My Last when there are at least two just on YouTube.
When it comes to audio, I'm extremely picky. Reference the Royal Albert Hall / CD audio mixes I did for youtube numerous times that were taken down time after time. I synched that all perfectly.

Please let's not act like the USBs are DVD / CD quality. I paid $15/piece for them and am very happy they exist and that the company finally sent them after I had to hunt the company down on facebook to send them again, but the audio comparison is not even close.

I'm not a fan of Down To My Last. My point was ABIII.

I do appreciate the Show Me A Sign link as I had never heard them perform that live and was not a part of the three USB ABIII setlists I have.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

rscotta831 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:18 pm

Still Remains

When it comes to audio, I'm extremely picky. Reference the Royal Albert Hall / CD audio mixes I did for youtube numerous times that were taken down time after time. I synched that all perfectly.

Please let's not act like the USBs are DVD / CD quality. I paid $15/piece for them and am very happy they exist and that the company finally sent them after I had to hunt the company down on facebook to send them again, but the audio comparison is not even close.

I do appreciate the Show Me A Sign link as I had never heard them perform that live and was not a part of the three USB ABIII setlists I have.
I'm sorry for starting a fight. And you're welcome!
Last edited by maximzub on Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Are we talking about those in terms of extension as well? What format is DVD/CD? Should be wav.
What did they use for those USBs?
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

maximzub wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:16 pm
rscotta831 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:18 pm

Still Remains

I don't think you did

I'm sorry for starting a fight.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

I meant to add : "I don't think you did" !!

rscotta831
TABN.com Citizen

Post by rscotta831 »

Just put this together today. Still Remains with USB audio...

rscotta831
TABN.com Citizen

Post by rscotta831 »

Dolo wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:49 am Are we talking about those in terms of extension as well? What format is DVD/CD? Should be wav.
What did they use for those USBs?
CD is 1,411K PCM (WAV). DVD audio is 1,536K PCM (WAV).

USBs are 192K MP3.

IMO, they sound very good, but no mixing or mastering like all live albums on DVD and CD receive. To my ears, it's easily discernible. If you gave me a blind test and let me hear the same song from the same tour, one from the USB and the other from a DVD or CD, I could pick them out as soon as Myles starts singing.

I paid more money for the USBs than most of their CDs, so very happy they exist.

AustinH22
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by AustinH22 »

VigilantSteve wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:36 pm
Ubik wrote:Think it's Myles that's more concerned about the riff, probably quite hard for them both to sync up with each other as well. Agreed that it would be cool to see them try and pull it off eventually, but don't think there's Words Darker-esque fan demand for it (although, accordingly, a lot less expectation).

Cradle to the Grave needs a playing at some point, too.
Yeah, it blows my mind that they haven't played Cradle to the Grave yet.
They haven't played Cradle because Myles said it's impossible for him to play it live without being overcome with emotion. I don't blame him. The lyrics are one of the heaviest in their library.