Wonderful Life video

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Aaron
TABN.com Citizen

Wonderful Life video

Post by Aaron »

What ever happened to the Wonderful Life video? Had they had it out in a timely manner they would've had the first one shot video. Now that title goes to You Are A Tourist by Death Cab For Cutie :(

Decay

Re: Wonderful Life video

Post by Decay »

They never ended up shooting it. I remember DC3 telling me it was gonna be a very special video with some serious acting. But if I remember correctly, there were some issues with the label (I guess we couldn't have seen that one coming LOL)

Clyde
Bought The CDs

Post by Clyde »

I also remember reading an interview with Scott and Brian and they said that they didn't like doing music videos. I'm pretty sure they mentioned something about the Wonderful Life video (or the fact they were suppose to shoot it) in that interview.

\m/>.<\m/
Bought The CDs

Post by \m/>.<\m/ »

I hope they can work out the kinks and put it out sometime. It's such a great song and it sounded like the video was gonna be good. Although I can imagine a vdeo for that song being super corny too.

Decay

Post by Decay »

\m/>.<\m/ wrote:I hope they can work out the kinks and put it out sometime. It's such a great song and it sounded like the video was gonna be good. Although I can imagine a vdeo for that song being super corny too.
Nah, there's no way, they're not gonna put it out, I just know it. Too bad.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Sucks. With the age of digital media, especially youtube/VEVO, music videos should be in a renaissance period. Instead they're still largely forgotten since MTV isn't what it was in the 80's and 90's.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Alter Bridge + correct single release (video/radio/TV) = NEVER HAPPENED.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Jim wrote:Alter Bridge + correct single release (video/radio/TV) = NEVER HAPPENED.
With the exception of Isolation, and I hate to say it, I agree. Things just never really seemed to work out, did they? Isolation was a good enough choice, but even then, that initial momentum just flagged. AB has really been hurt by never having a record company that made then a top priority.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

gbruin wrote:
Jim wrote:Alter Bridge + correct single release (video/radio/TV) = NEVER HAPPENED.
With the exception of Isolation, and I hate to say it, I agree. Things just never really seemed to work out, did they? Isolation was a good enough choice, but even then, that initial momentum just flagged. AB has really been hurt by never having a record company that made then a top priority.
Isolation is not a good example here. Single was released in September, but the video came out in December. Same with WOY - single in January, video in September (?). As for that kind of connection (single + video) the best AB singles were Open Your Eyes, Rise Today and Ties That Bind (even if that was a live video). If you want to promote a song in a proper way, you should connect radio airplay with a decent music video that is shown on TV or Internet. That never happened with Find The Real, Before Tomorrow Comes, I Know it Hurts or GODGB. I wonder how could videos for these songs look like. These are a great tracks which could have been very successful, but their potential was wasted by the wrong promotion.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Rosenblaetter
Loyal Follower

Post by Rosenblaetter »

How about 'Open Your Eyes'? :headscratch
FYI I'm a woman.
--------------------
Past shows: Alter Bridge 10.11 NL, Kensington 11.11 NL, Alter Bridge 16.11 PL
Future shows: Kensington 15.02 DE, Kensington 17.02 PL, Rival Sons 18.02 PL

\m/>.<\m/
Bought The CDs

Post by \m/>.<\m/ »

Y'know since we're probably not gonna get a live performance, they should do a WDTTW video.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Am I the only one that thinks doing any video now for any song from ABIII is about 18 months too late?
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: 4) all hope is gone

Post by zazthespaz »

gbruin wrote:Am I the only one that thinks doing any video now for any song from ABIII is about 18 months too late?
No. Especially since they won't be together til 2013 adding another 6 months after which they'll be writing. Mark said he's getting together with Myles in January trying to get an album out for the summer festivals
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Yeah I don't see them getting an album out before summer festivals at all. Fall 2013 will be the earliest for a new AB record despite what the band has planned imo.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

It would be completely redundant to release a single from AB III now, might aswell release a Blackbird single if theyre gonna do that.. AB III came out nearly 2 years ago. Shocking i know.

The next AB push needs to be hard hitting and with singles and videos and evenly disrupted radio play all over the world. Of the same songs at the same time. Such a shame they were on a huge roll with the Wembley show, 11,000 people in one place for the first time for them, and they stop? Just seemed so stupid to me to dead-end things like that.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Jim wrote:Such a shame they were on a huge roll with the Wembley show, 11,000 people in one place for the first time for them, and they stop? Just seemed so stupid to me to dead-end things like that.

Yeah, unfortunately we've got Myles working with Slash and Mark releasing his solo at the time when AB should push everything forward, probably with another US tour after Soundwave and summer festivals in Europe.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Oh i didnt know all of that..

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Jim wrote:Oh i didnt know all of that..
Why ask a question if you already have your answer? The guy responded to you with the legitimate reason as to why they stopped. You don't have to get all sarcastic about it.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

Just Jim being Jim.
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Oh whats this..? An uprising against Jim for posting a sarcastic comment again.. Damn, didnt see that coming.

Boring