Alter Bridge - AB III VINYL [GOLD]

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Marshall
White Knuckled

Alter Bridge - AB III VINYL [GOLD]

Post by Marshall »

Hey guys,

it seems a re-issue of the sold out AB III is coming out on 19th April.

Limited to 3500 copies.

https://www.musiconvinyl.com/catalog/al ... IOG86S1LDt

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Alter Bridge - AB III VINYL [GOLD]

Post by riemslag1 »

I'm an ABIII-addict, so that's a must-have for me !
But what of this band isn't ?
Will it be up for sale through the normal channels ?
RSD-release ?

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

riemslag1 wrote:I'm an ABIII-addict, so that's a must-have for me !
But what of this band isn't ?
Will it be up for sale through the normal channels ?
RSD-release ?
Week after RSD.
My local record store could already order some.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

ABIII is my favorite Alter Bridge album by far.

Neat.

WkdSelina
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WkdSelina »

Ordered in my local 'wrecka stow' :)

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

austin. wrote:ABIII is my favorite Alter Bridge album by far.

Neat.
Exactly the same here.
Absolutely adore that album.
I ordered two pcs. (will keep 1 sealed).

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Well hell, they could have put this out a week earlier and release it for Record Store Day!

While it's cool for the hipster-factor, is there really much of a sonic advantage to an AB album on vinyl? (Full disclosure: I own Blackbird on vinyl, mostly cause it feels cool.) If the album was recorded digitally, isn't an analog medium like a vinyl record still just going to be the digital recording? If the album was recorded to tape, vinyl would be a big step in preserving the original sound, but I don't see AB doing that, at least with Elvis at the helm.

Side question - was the latest Slash album (or any of them) recorded to tape rather than digital?
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

A brickwalled mix will sound bad both on CD and vinyl.
The only way a vinyl could sound better would be to use the unmastered (meaning fully dynamic) version of the album, and I doubt it's gonna be the case. Nowadays, most vinyl LP's use the exact same master as the CD's, and the only tiny difference you'll hear is due to vinyl artifacts.

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

chtimixeur wrote:A brickwalled mix will sound bad both on CD and vinyl.
The only way a vinyl could sound better would be to use the unmastered (meaning fully dynamic) version of the album, and I doubt it's gonna be the case. Nowadays, most vinyl LP's use the exact same master as the CD's, and the only tiny difference you'll hear is due to vinyl artifacts.
Now I don't think AB III had the best mix of all of their albums (it's fourth on my list of five, actually), but would you call it brickwalled ala TLH?

AngusWolfe
Bought The CDs

Post by AngusWolfe »

TenaciousBe wrote:Well hell, they could have put this out a week earlier and release it for Record Store Day!

While it's cool for the hipster-factor, is there really much of a sonic advantage to an AB album on vinyl? (Full disclosure: I own Blackbird on vinyl, mostly cause it feels cool.) If the album was recorded digitally, isn't an analog medium like a vinyl record still just going to be the digital recording? If the album was recorded to tape, vinyl would be a big step in preserving the original sound, but I don't see AB doing that, at least with Elvis at the helm.

Side question - was the latest Slash album (or any of them) recorded to tape rather than digital?
Slash has said all of the albums were recorded to tape in his "Fact or Fiction" video with Loudwire.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

MuffinMcFluffin wrote: Now I don't think AB III had the best mix of all of their albums (it's fourth on my list of five, actually), but would you call it brickwalled ala TLH?
Yes.
Look at Isolation's waveform.
The dynamics just aren't there.

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

chtimixeur wrote:
MuffinMcFluffin wrote: Now I don't think AB III had the best mix of all of their albums (it's fourth on my list of five, actually), but would you call it brickwalled ala TLH?
Yes.
Look at Isolation's waveform.
The dynamics just aren't there.
I think a lot of that is in large part of the song arrangement itself. The guitars just never let up.

I do agree with what you mean, but it's also not just "wall of noise" mixing. Lacking dynamics for sure, but that is that particular song too.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

AngusWolfe wrote:
TenaciousBe wrote:Well hell, they could have put this out a week earlier and release it for Record Store Day!

Slash has said all of the albums were recorded to tape in his "Fact or Fiction" video with Loudwire.
Thought so! Thank you. :)
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

hackingislife
TABN.com Citizen

Post by hackingislife »

Sorry if I'm missing something basic--but is this not purchaseable in the US? I only see an option to purchase it via MOV in Europe.

welshsteve
Brand New Start

Post by welshsteve »

Well it seems the release date has changed. I pre-ordered from Napalm Records and am now being told the release date is the 10th May when it should have been 19th April. There are still sites selling it that state 19th April as the release date.

Anyone else get this?
Thanks

Steve

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

Got my order last Friday. Weird.

welshsteve
Brand New Start

Post by welshsteve »

RoelSmoel wrote:Got my order last Friday. Weird.
Did you order from Napalm Records? They are telling me that they haven't had them in yet as they have to wait for their U.S supplier to ship their supply to them.
Thanks

Steve

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

welshsteve wrote:
Did you order from Napalm Records? They are telling me that they haven't had them in yet as they have to wait for their U.S supplier to ship their supply to them.
No I haven't.

welshsteve
Brand New Start

Post by welshsteve »

RoelSmoel wrote:
welshsteve wrote:
No I haven't.
I'd have ordered from the U.S directly, but we in the UK get charged extortionate import taxes on anything over £15 in value. When I ordered Myles Kennedy Year Of The Tiger CD I paid more in import taxes than the value of the album, so ended up costing me over twice as much.
Thanks

Steve

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

welshsteve wrote: I'd have ordered from the U.S directly, but we in the UK get charged extortionate import taxes on anything over £15 in value. When I ordered Myles Kennedy Year Of The Tiger CD I paid more in import taxes than the value of the album, so ended up costing me over twice as much.
You could've ordered at your local(ish) record store. That's what I did.