AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Re: AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

Post by LosingPatience »

Timotheus wrote:Awesome song. Light years better than Wouldn't You Rather! Absoletely love the synths!

Agreed, Wouldnt you Rather def grew on me but this sounds totally unique and Myles is in top form here

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

psycosquirrel789 wrote:Amazing? #delusional I low key wish I had your ears. Anyone defending this shit is a moron or pathetic fanboy. This is my last post. They lost a diehard fan. I’m literally in disbelief.

Thanks Elvis, you’ve done a great job sweetie.

Bye, less negativity around here would be refreshing

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

I think some people are wildly overreacting, but I honestly agree that so far, these two songs are not upper tier Alter Bridge. That’s ok though, because every album has at least two songs, sometimes three, that I’m just ‘meh’ about. I’m going to assume these are the ‘Peace Is Broken’ and ‘Farther Than The Sun’ of this album and hope for the best when we hear the whole thing in October.

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

Arctic wrote:I’m going to assume these are the ‘Peace Is Broken’ and ‘Farther Than The Sun’ of this album...
:fingerwag
You take that back! Peace Is Broken is one of my favorite jams :rockon

SamarthJoshi
TABN.com Citizen

Post by SamarthJoshi »

It’s awesome to just wake up in the morning to a new AB song. I don’t have much to say about it right now. Didn’t get me as quickly as Wouldn’t You Rather but it sounds fresh AF. If it was only instrumental, I never could have guessed it to be an AB track. And we still have Godspeed left.

This one’s going to be pretty tough to pull off live, but Mark said in his interview that he may ask his Guitar Tech to play keyboard in this and Godspeed. The first note of the song reminded me of Stranger Things, lol.

So what do you guys think, it’s a Myles song or Mark?

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

It's not even worth freaking out about it. The only time that I recall AB releasing one of their best songs before the actual album leaked was that 24-48 hour period that they let people listen to WDTTW.

They always release the meh songs first. That's just the way they do the thing. The songs don't get to the fappable level until they leak when the album leaks.

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

Arctic wrote:I think some people are wildly overreacting, but I honestly agree that so far, these two songs are not upper tier Alter Bridge. That’s ok though, because every album has at least two songs, sometimes three, that I’m just ‘meh’ about. I’m going to assume these are the ‘Peace Is Broken’ and ‘Farther Than The Sun’ of this album and hope for the best when we hear the whole thing in October.

Whhaaaaattt ? Peace Is Broken and Farther Than The Sun kick ass

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

SamarthJoshi wrote:It’s awesome to just wake up in the morning to a new AB song. I don’t have much to say about it right now. Didn’t get me as quickly as Wouldn’t You Rather but it sounds fresh AF. If it was only instrumental, I never could have guessed it to be an AB track. And we still have Godspeed left.

This one’s going to be pretty tough to pull off live, but Mark said in his interview that he may ask his Guitar Tech to play keyboard in this and Godspeed. The first note of the song reminded me of Stranger Things, lol.

So what do you guys think, it’s a Myles song or Mark?
I think it's a Mark song. Also, the little twinkle sounding synth keys in the intro remind me of the Goosebumps theme song, but I get the Stranger Things comparison too lol.

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

Awesome song! I love it. I really like WYR too but this one I like more. Concerning the production I get some of the people complains for WYR but on Pay No Mind really I think it sounds awesome. The guitars are clear, it’s heavy af, Myles sounds great too. Oh and Flip fucking kills it man!

alterchris
TABN.com Citizen

Post by alterchris »

psycosquirrel789 wrote:It’s like Im listening through your little comp speakers. I have 700 dollar planar magnetic headphones. I’m literally angry and upset.
Go get a refund for the headphones.

SamarthJoshi
TABN.com Citizen

Post by SamarthJoshi »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Bit.Slade wrote:We need lyrics post-haste.
So ??? since the day that we were torn
You got a way with murder
We wont let you anymore.
So in mourning since the day that we were torn?

hackingislife
TABN.com Citizen

Post by hackingislife »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
A lost soul
A willing hand
A scapegoat
The sacrificial lamb
It's so cold
A one way scam
That takes hold
So devious, the plan

In time
It will unravel and expose
Us for the fools we are

We pay no mind
We no pay no mind at all
We must be blind
When will this ever stop?

When the last man falls
Who’ll be the first to rise and call you out?
Who’ll be the first to draw the line?

Indifference a lasting curse
Resilience, your blessing in disguise
The millions you stand to hurt
Still willing to stand by your side

In time
It will unravel and expose
Us for the fools we are

We pay no mind
We no pay no mind at all
We must be blind

When the last man falls
Who’ll be the first to draw the line?

So entitled since the day that you were born
Still we hear you screaming give me more give more
So entitled since the day that you were born
Still we hear you screaming give me more give more

We wont let you anymore

We pay no mind
We no pay no mind at all
We pay no mind
We no pay no mind at all
We must be blind

When the last man falls
Who’ll be the first to draw the line and walk?
And make you pay the price for what you are

But in the end we’ll pay no mind.

I think it's "So emboldened since the day that we were torn"

poshisjarker
White Knuckled

Post by poshisjarker »

SamarthJoshi wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
We wont let you anymore.
So in mourning since the day that we were torn?
"Suave in Boulder since the day i was born" is what i'm hearing
Abe Lincoln- "Honey, where did you put my shirt?"

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

LosingPatience wrote:
Arctic wrote:I think some people are wildly overreacting, but I honestly agree that so far, these two songs are not upper tier Alter Bridge. That’s ok though, because every album has at least two songs, sometimes three, that I’m just ‘meh’ about. I’m going to assume these are the ‘Peace Is Broken’ and ‘Farther Than The Sun’ of this album and hope for the best when we hear the whole thing in October.

Whhaaaaattt ? Peace Is Broken and Farther Than The Sun kick ass
I don’t think they’re bad necessarily, they’re just usually the ones I skip pretty often when I listen to Fortress, and with absolute masterpieces like CoA, Fortress, Calm the Fire, and Lover, they’re definitely overshadowed.

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

alterchris wrote:
psycosquirrel789 wrote:It’s like Im listening through your little comp speakers. I have 700 dollar planar magnetic headphones. I’m literally angry and upset.

Im listening with generic $25 headphones and it sounds great imo. I had issues with WYR mostly with Myles being pushed back in the mix, no issues here. In fact lets talk about Myles vocals on this, reckon its the best he has sounded for a while.

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

I’ll say again that I like the new song a lot. :-)

To me the Apple Music version sounds worse than the YT version, same for Wouldn’t You Rather and the TLH singles. Never bothered with the TLH production but it’s bothering me more this time for some reason. Especially when switching from other music, it sounds like there’s a blanket over the music.

But I’ll be over it quickly when the songs are awesome. :-)

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

To me, the Apple Music sounds better than the YouTube one ...

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

fix wrote:I’ll say again that I like the new song a lot. :-)

To me the Apple Music version sounds worse than the YT version, same for Wouldn’t You Rather and the TLH singles. Never bothered with the TLH production but it’s bothering me more this time for some reason. Especially when switching from other music, it sounds like there’s a blanket over the music.

But I’ll be over it quickly when the songs are awesome. :-)

I have the last 2 AB songs in a mix with the last Tremonti,Slash and Myles album and im not hearing the difference in production quality ......even slightly

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

I know nothing about music production but I’ll admit, these two new songs definitely sound slightly muddier than anything I’ve heard from any of their other albums. Again, I’m clueless about this stuff so it doesn’t really ruin anything for me, but it is noticeable. The guitars sound slightly muffled as does Myles voice at times.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

LosingPatience wrote:
alterchris wrote:

Im listening with generic $25 headphones and it sounds great imo. I had issues with WYR mostly with Myles being pushed back in the mix, no issues here. In fact lets talk about Myles vocals on this, reckon its the best he has sounded for a while.
You know, on my first listen, the first verse came in and I thought to myself "this sounds more like a Slash song..." by the way he was singing. But, the more I've listened, the more that feel has faded away. I do agree - Myles sounds fantastic on this song and I hope it's a precursor for the rest of the album. This one's a banger!
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.