AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Re: AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

Post by DarkKnight12 »

Sadly no single today :( my guess is the Instagram leak was a big fuck up and the song isn’t to be released for at least 2 more weeks.

dFhimz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by dFhimz »

Quick google search of Alter Bridge Take the Crown (sorted by most recent) yields 2 websites that list the songs being released by date. Both sites have this song listed for August 9th. Looks like it might drop at the same time worldwide this time instead of midnight local time.

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

Well, shit, I am in the middle of the thread. Still have a ton of catching-up to do, but I would like to thank everyone for taking their time in exchanging their opinions.

The two new songs are miles better than TLH to my money. I fucking love them. Good that I have not listened to SMKC that much, only the first album which made it possible for me to finally see Myles on stage. I can not classify whether the new AB songs resemble Slash's latest records in any way.

Anyhow, back to reading.
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

dFhimz wrote:Quick google search of Alter Bridge Take the Crown (sorted by most recent) yields 2 websites that list the songs being released by date. Both sites have this song listed for August 9th. Looks like it might drop at the same time worldwide this time instead of midnight local time.
Damn, maybe 10:00am Florida time then?
Edit : guess not haha

peapod0609
Bought The CDs

Post by peapod0609 »

According to this site, it is supposed to be released today:

https://www.auspop.com.au/new-release-schedule/

Scroll down to the singles/EP's

wdttw
Bought The CDs

Post by wdttw »

Ubik wrote:Don't post it, not official etc.
Pardon the Off-topic question, that Pa Pa Ya on your description is from Babymetal?

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

wdttw wrote:
Pardon the Off-topic question, that Pa Pa Ya on your description is from Babymetal?
Yup, when a new AB album is on the way you gotta have something that evokes joy in there.
For all of the hope that it brings...

wdttw
Bought The CDs

Post by wdttw »

Ubik wrote:
wdttw wrote:
Yup, when a new AB album is on the way you gotta have something that evokes joy in there.
Well it will be out just 7 days prior WTS, so it's a really good appetizer

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

GazEd wrote:Well, shit, I am in the middle of the thread. Still have a ton of catching-up to do, but I would like to thank everyone for taking their time in exchanging their opinions.

The two new songs are miles better than TLH to my money. I fucking love them. Good that I have not listened to SMKC that much, only the first album which made it possible for me to finally see Myles on stage. I can not classify whether the new AB songs resemble Slash's latest records in any way.

Anyhow, back to reading.
Please save yourself the heartburn and just stop reading the thread now. It got so political there for awhile lol.

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

peapod0609 wrote:According to this site, it is supposed to be released today:

It also lists Tool’s new song “Fear Inoculum” for today and yet the song’s been available since Wednesday I believe

peapod0609
Bought The CDs

Post by peapod0609 »

DarkKnight12 wrote:

It also lists Tool’s new song “Fear Inoculum” for today and yet the song’s been available since Wednesday I believe
Interesting....I say they just release the song today ;)

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

peapod0609 wrote:
DarkKnight12 wrote:

Interesting....I say they just release the song today ;)
Well, Pay No Mind was released in the middle of the day but i think the only reason that happened was because it had already been leaked for a bit.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

I'd like to offer a friendly reminder that sharing copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited. This is particularly important leading up to and following the release of new material, as we wish to respect the band's timeline by not facilitating leaks.

For reference, please see rule 11 of the TABN rules and guidelines:
TABN Admin wrote:11. This site is not to be used to share copyrighted studio recordings. Anyone caught sharing such files could be subject to banning. Sharing will NOT be tolerated at all. This includes ALL Alter Bridge studio recordings (live bootleg recordings are OK), all Creed recordings, all Mayfield Four recordings, all Tremonti recordings, all Slash featuring Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators recordings, all Projected recordings, and other bands involving Alter Bridge band members. Regardless of what band members may say about sharing, in the vast majority of cases, the record label own the rights to the studio recordings, and they are the people with the power to present lawsuits against websites.
Thanks in advance.

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

WaywardOne wrote:
GazEd wrote:Well, shit, I am in the middle of the thread. Still have a ton of catching-up to do, but I would like to thank everyone for taking their time in exchanging their opinions.

Anyhow, back to reading.
Please save yourself the heartburn and just stop reading the thread now. It got so political there for awhile lol.
Well, thanks, but too late gheghe
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Think we might be waiting for the 23rd after all judging by the stuff retweeted by the band's account.

peapod0609
Bought The CDs

Post by peapod0609 »

Ubik wrote:Think we might be waiting for the 23rd after all judging by the stuff retweeted by the band's account.
What did they retweet that makes you say that?

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

peapod0609 wrote:
Ubik wrote:Think we might be waiting for the 23rd after all judging by the stuff retweeted by the band's account.
What did they retweet that makes you say that?
"Jim Crew
so when do we get to hear the official Take the Crown? ;) #alterbridge #WalkTheSky "

immediately followed by

"Brickyard Arlie Frisk
I'd say it'll be at the end of the month, since the first two songs were roughly a month apart."

Then again it may just be that the Alter Bridge twitter account retweets literally everything that tags them in...

Jaredr24
Loyal Follower

Post by Jaredr24 »

I’m interested to hear how Take The Crown will sound but more interested to see if it’s gonna be any different than the other two singles. I’m not sure why they’d try to release 3 active radio rock type singles that kinda sound the same and water the main one down. Would love to hear something more mellow or progressive to compliment the other two and also show off the variety of the album.

I also wanna hear it just so I get Projected’s song The Crown out of my head every time I see the song title :lol
~{AB fan - Go Tops! #WKU}~
”I’ll rest my eyes and let the earth breathe”

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

Blackbirddd wrote:
LosingPatience wrote:
scarecrow wrote:
LosingPatience wrote:Man cant wait to we get back to talking about AB and not political nonsense
it's pretty wild seeing a pizzagater earnestly use the term "political nonsense"

Enough already ffs
Are you... Losing Patience? :humina

Haha nice one :}

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

Am I the only one that feels a little.. underwhelmed by the promotion of this new album? Aside from the initial comments from Mark about Walk the Sky having a "John Carpenter-esque" inspiration and Godspeed being "different from anything [I've] written before", there's been very little if not any hype surrounding the released singles or the album in general. I remember for previous album releases there were interviews, magazine articles etc, but there doesn't seem to be any for the current cycle.

it just feels awfully clinical. I'm hoping this is because there's still two months until release and that the majority of promotion is planned closer to that date, but I guess we'll have to see.

That said, I like the direction the band are taking musically.
Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear