AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

Post by Blackbird »

Ghost is such an incredibly wonderful song. Sometimes I forget about that, until I happen to listen to it again. This acoustic version is amazing.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Myles sounds so perfect on Broken Wings. Oh I love that voice!

I'd pay a whole lot for an AB acoustic album. That's something they could actually knock out pretty quickly, too. Throw Halelujah and another cover or any other unrelated track that never made it on there as a bonus...yes, just yes.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

Holy shit, just listened to the Broken Wings version. That intro gives me massive goosebumps. What Myles plays there gives the whole thing a completely different (way more intense!) atmosphere.

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

riemslag1 wrote:And so also would be an album and/or dvd of a full intimate acoustic set..............a bit like the MTV-sessions.
I would love a set of studio versions but an MTV unplugged seems more likely. I really want to make a prospective setlist for it but I will wait until I've heard Walk The Sky since I'm sure it will have something to add to the set.

Also I learned I've been hearing Ghosts Of Days Gone By wrong all this time...

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

My WTS order said it has arrived in town, but still says it won't be delivered until 6:30pm tomorrow. Hoping I get surprised today!

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Wtf happened to Myles? He sounds so incredibly good this year.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

ToNsOFuN88 wrote:My WTS order said it has arrived in town, but still says it won't be delivered until 6:30pm tomorrow. Hoping I get surprised today!
Gah what did you order on? 3 days early is still crazy! Doubt mine gets here till friday.
For all of the hope that it brings...

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

Ubik wrote:
ToNsOFuN88 wrote:My WTS order said it has arrived in town, but still says it won't be delivered until 6:30pm tomorrow. Hoping I get surprised today!
Gah what did you order on? 3 days early is still crazy! Doubt mine gets here till friday.
I ordered from Alter Bridge's website. Still excited even if I have to wait until tomorrow!

CrowsOnAWire
TABN.com Citizen

Post by CrowsOnAWire »

http://audioinkradio.com/2019/10/alter- ... ky-review/
ALBUM REVIEW: ALTER BRIDGE TRIUMPHANTLY RETURNS WITH THEIR NEW ALBUM “WALK THE SKY,” FEATURING A MIX OF SKILLFUL INSTRUMENTALS AND EMOTIVE VOCALS

Alter Bridge is one of those special bands that has both technical skills and the ability to present music with incredible emotion. From their 2004 debut, “One Day Remains,” to this month’s “Walk the Sky,” the group has displayed a gift for crafting anthemic rock songs with soaring vocals and meaty riffs.

On “Walk the Sky,” out Friday (Oct. 18), Alter Bridge triumphantly returns with 14 tracks of variety-packed hard rock. Beginning with a short introduction track “One Life,” Myles Kennedy starts the album off with hushed vocals that set this listener up for the drama that’s ahead.

“Wouldn’t You Rather,” the second track on the album and the record’s first single, is a grand, chugging rocker that shows off Mark Tremonti’s impeccable guitar playing and Kennedy’s powerful vocals, as well as the tight rhythms of bass player Brian Marshall and drummer Scott Phillips. The song mixes memorable melodies and hard-charging, in-your-face riffing.

As “Walk the Sky” continues, each track presents a different shade of sounds and styles. “In the Deep” starts with metal guitars and then kicks things back a few notches for a soft bridge featuring Kennedy’s thick vocals, then crashes into a huge chorus.

One of the most unique tracks on the album is “Indoctrination.” The song has a deep, slugging groove throughout, offering a different vibe for Alter Bridge– dare I say it’s almost a Black Sabbath vibe. Kennedy’s vocals rule the chorus, as he sings, “I’m in your head, you can’t deny it / You’re hanging on my every word!”

Another standout, “Godspeed,” Tremonti tells Audio Ink is about the experience he had losing a loved one last year and wishing him well on his journey in the next life. “You have changed all our lives,” Kennedy sings in the chorus. “Godspeed” goes into “Native Son,” the latter track starting with eerie guitars and picking up into a straight-ahead rock ‘n’ roll track.

“Dying Light,” which closes the album, is a special song that really highlights Kennedy’s strong vocals, with its soft bridge and head-bopping chorus. “In the dying light / We can begin to live again / We wake up to eternal light,” Kennedy pleas, as Tremonti kicks in with a shredding guitar solo.

On “Walk the Sky,” Alter Bridge shows kind of technical chops that only veteran musicians process, combined with an earnest, hopeful spirit that is all their own. It’s simply the kind of music you want to crank at ultimate volume and listen to over and over. With an album like “Walk the Sky,” it’s obvious why Alter Bridge remains such a success in the modern rock world and continues to grow. Ink rating: 10/10.

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

Aside from fan complaints about the first batch of singles, the response to the album as a whole seems to be overwhelmingly positive.

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

Someone on reddit got their copy today. They posted a little first reaction review for anyone interested.

https://www.reddit.com/r/alterbridge/co ... urce=share

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

I can definitely hold out until Friday now. I haven't even heard Dying Light. So that's nine new songs for me (not including One Life which I heard on Thursday night, albeit not very well).

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

Oh snap! I finally got around to checking on my pre-order... Expected delivery tomorrow!

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Amazon suck.
For all of the hope that it brings...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I don't know if it is because I ordered it a bit late, but I still haven't gotten a confirmation email from Napalm about my Earbook/Shirt bundle that the package is sent out.

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

They played Native Son on octane. If you download the Sirius app and skip back to 6pm that's when it played.

Cariocawlad
Bought The CDs

Post by Cariocawlad »

One light
Burning from long ago
The eternal flame
It's calling me back to find

One life
With so many tales untold
Living with open eyes
I discover a new storyline

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

ToNsOFuN88 wrote:They played Native Son on octane. If you download the Sirius app and skip back to 6pm that's when it played.
It's nearly 2am in the UK right now and I'm staying up to see if I can catch this hahaha, cheers for the heads up!

Edit: They did, as expected it was great! The intro riff's heaviness lived up to the hype as well lol
Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

I'm shocked the album hasn't leaked yet this close to release day, especially with people receiving pre-orders now (at least not that I've seen discussed here). Nice change from the usual leak nonsense!

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

ToNsOFuN88 wrote:Someone on reddit got their copy today. They posted a little first reaction review for anyone interested.

https://www.reddit.com/r/alterbridge/co ... urce=share

Dying Light one of the best off the album........hmmm ok