Has Anyone Met Their Boyfriend/Girlfriend at a Show?

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Has Anyone Met Their Boyfriend/Girlfriend at a Show?

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

TenaciousBe wrote: Maybe when you go to the upcoming shows, you can meet up with some forumers / Army of 12 people and hang out there? There's a huge fanbase online and making plans with people who are coming to each show might be a cool way to have built-in "friends" to hang with at the show?
Absolutely, I always feel like I have friends at shows, when I'm at a show it kind of feels like I'm around "my people". I'm one of those crazy rabid fans that shows up at eight or 9 o'clock in the morning when doors open at seven or 8 PM. I'll definitely be doing the same thing both days in October, LOL. I've got one person that I've known since like the seventh grade and we're still friends today, I guess he's the only friend I have actually but he's not really into Alter Bridge that much. A perfect example when I told him about what time I wanted to get to the Myles show in December (because he was taking me and I bought him a ticket also as a thank you) he thought that was completely stupid and pointless, he just doesn't feel it like I do. Even when we were in line the only thing he wanted to do really was chain-smoke and talk to his other friend that he convinced to go with us about guns, cars etc. I find that I stay away from her more often than not cause he's into a lot of things these days that just aren't my bag, and they haven't been for a while.

Going to shows for me is definitely the only place that I really feel accepted I guess you could say. Like you I haven't been to a show in six years, different reasons of course but still six years. That first show of the Fortress tour was fucking electric and the atmosphere was one that I have never felt before, so many people from all over the world in one place.

I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I've met the guys before but never done a meet and greet with all four of them, gives me something to look forward to.

Merinda
Sig Queen

Re: Has Anyone Met Their Boyfriend/Girlfriend at a Show?

Post by Merinda »

Might bump some old threads to open some more discussion around AB.

I met my soon-to-be husband through AB. We were aware of each other through online AB platforms and were at several of the same gigs over the years but the 2017 Aussie TLH tour kind of cemented the crush we had on each other.

Didn't get together until late 2019 as we were with other people at the time.

Rest is history.