Walk The Sky Reaction Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Walk The Sky Reaction Thread

Post by WaywardOne »

Native Son is the #1 song of 2019 according to Ultimate Guitar. Surprised?

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Nooo-o-o-ooo-o-ooo-o-ooo!

(Sung in the chorus "ohh" melody.)

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I don't know how I feel about that. I like Native Son a lot, but like Bleed it Dry being voted UG's solo of the decade (in which it's not even the best solo of the Fortress album like Cry of Achilles or Fortress), I wouldn't say Native Son is even the best song of Walk the Sky over Forever Falling or Walking on the Sky.

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

WaywardOne wrote:Native Son is the #1 song of 2019 according to Ultimate Guitar. Surprised?
Uh, very.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Not surprised. I have loved Native Son from the second I heard it.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

anguyen92 wrote:I don't know how I feel about that. I like Native Son a lot, but like Bleed it Dry being voted UG's solo of the decade (in which it's not even the best solo of the Fortress album like Cry of Achilles or Fortress), I wouldn't say Native Son is even the best song of Walk the Sky over Forever Falling or Walking on the Sky.
I'd have to highly disagree with that. I think Bleed It Dry is easily the best solo on Fortress, even though the solos in Cry of Achilles and Fortress are awesome as well.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

One Drew Remains wrote:Not surprised. I have loved Native Son from the second I heard it.
I think this website criminally underrates Native Son. I loved it right off the bat and thought it would be a fan favorite. Never can tell sometimes I guess. :lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

Andy92 wrote:
One Drew Remains wrote:Not surprised. I have loved Native Son from the second I heard it.
I think this website criminally underrates Native Son. I loved it right off the bat and thought it would be a fan favorite. Never can tell sometimes I guess. :lol
Yeah, it may be a little underrated here for sure, but I definitely wouldn't put it towards the top of my list of songs on Walk The Sky. I do love the main riff, and I think if the chorus was a bit stronger I would absolutely love the song.

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

It's definitely on the bottom side of the album for me. Not that it's bad or anything. There are just plenty better songs.
Scott Stapp:
28th March, 2014 at The Opera House in Toronto

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

anguyen92 wrote:I don't know how I feel about that. I like Native Son a lot, but like Bleed it Dry being voted UG's solo of the decade (in which it's not even the best solo of the Fortress album like Cry of Achilles or Fortress), I wouldn't say Native Son is even the best song of Walk the Sky over Forever Falling or Walking on the Sky.
Bleed It Dry's solo is easily the best on the album in my opinion.
One of the best of Mark's career for sure.
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

Forever Falling and Clear Horizon's messages have fully clicked today, I don't think I realized just how impactful they could be until they were played

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

I don't get the love for Clear Horizon. It's not bad or anything but it hasn't fully clicked for me.
Scott Stapp:
28th March, 2014 at The Opera House in Toronto

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Seems like Godspeed is the new single. At least AB wants the community to request this song on radio.

CrowsOnAWire
TABN.com Citizen

Post by CrowsOnAWire »

Kreuger wrote:I don't get the love for Clear Horizon. It's not bad or anything but it hasn't fully clicked for me.
Clear Horizon is a really good song. Love some of Myles’s lower register vocal lines on it and some of the melody. It’s a bit of a brooding song.

One thing that it misses which would have turned it into an even better song is a good guitar solo. It just lacks something due to not having one.

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

I just wish Myles would do low register again without making it be a whisper or have a bunch of filters on his voice.

I love the bridge after the off-rhythm bit, by the way. I don't dislike the off-rhythm part itself, but the bridge is my favorite part of the song.

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

My only "issue" with Clear Horizon is the chorus. Just doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the song as well as it could. Otherwise I think it's a fantastic song.

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

CrowsOnAWire wrote:One thing that it misses which would have turned it into an even better song is a good guitar solo. It just lacks something due to not having one.
I say this about any song on the album that is without a solo... :lol

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

WaywardOne wrote:My only "issue" with Clear Horizon is the chorus. Just doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the song as well as it could. Otherwise I think it's a fantastic song.
Lol, the chorus is my favorite part of the song :shrug

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

WaywardOne wrote:My only "issue" with Clear Horizon is the chorus. Just doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the song as well as it could. Otherwise I think it's a fantastic song.
My only issue with Clear Horizon is the main riff which is buried under 1000 layers of other sound effects. Quite a pity as this is probably the coolest riff on the album.

AlterEgo
Brand New Start

Post by AlterEgo »

So far, so very impressive. I don't know what others think but usually I don't like Keys but as always AB have used it in a way that's fits their music perfectly without compromising artist integrity. It's intense, heavy in parts but retains that characteristic upbeat feel.

Favourite songs so far : Godspeed, Dying light and Wouldn't you rather.