Walk the Sky summer 2020 Europe tour

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Torsten
Loyal Follower

Walk the Sky summer 2020 Europe tour

Post by Torsten »

Iron Maiden Tour 2020

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Alter Bridge Walk the Sky Tour 2019

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, I was waiting to see when AB finally gets their chance to open for Iron Maiden after taking As Lions and The Raven Age on tour for their Europe shows. The stadium in Holland looks very sizable. 55k people in comparison to the roughly 5k people that AB plays in the venue formally known as the Heineken Music Hall. I was hoping AB got on the main support slot of The Maiden US leg last summer, especially in LA, but it just wasn't in the cards.

I think they may be a lock to be to play before Iron Maiden at the main stage at Download 2020. We'll see. They got to sell their own big arena shows first before they can announce anything for their next plans in the UK.

lavillasean
Brand New Start

Re: Alter Bridge Walk the Sky Tour 2019-20

Post by lavillasean »

I thought they planned to do another run of US dates after Shiprocked, so I’d assume that announcement would come before any further European dates after the ones already on the books. If that additional US tour is starting in Feb, it would need to be announced fairly soon

abw1987
Blood Machines

Re: Walk the Sky summer 2020 Europe tour

Post by abw1987 »

Hope you all don't mind, I split this into a new topic for the summer 2020 European tour to avoid having a single 100-page topic for the entire WTS tour cycle.

TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TheEndisHere »

Looks like 2 dates with Iron Maiden. Here's the other:
06/27 - Gothenburg, Sweden @ Ullevi Stadium (w/ ALTER BRIDGE & AIRBOURNE)

Read More: Iron Maiden Announce 'Legacy of the Beast' 2020 Tour Dates | https://loudwire.com/iron-maiden-legacy ... m=referral

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

abw1987 wrote:Hope you all don't mind, I split this into a new topic for the summer 2020 European tour to avoid having a single 100-page topic for the entire WTS tour cycle.
Awww, but that was my intention.....

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Sorry bud! It'll be much more organized this way and less daunting for casual users to digest.

Thanks for understanding :cheers

MrsPog
Bought The CDs

Post by MrsPog »

I live in the UK... Seriously considering a summer holiday to Sweden or Holland. AB, Maiden AND Airbourne! What a gig!!!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Looking at flight prices. Hmmm, do I want to spend $1,300.00 in flight and hotel to go to Holland for a week to see Maiden/AB/Airbourne? It's tempting. Then again, I've seen both Iron Maiden and Alter Bridge at their own shows in a week span in the greatest week of my life, so I don't know if that can top that week, even if it is in a larger stadium for the Maiden show. I'll think about it and if AB throws one of their own headlining shows within a 3-5 hour radius of where I could be at, that may sweeten the pot a bit. I still want to plan a potential Northwest coast trip though before that when AB announces their shows in that area.

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

anguyen92 wrote:Looking at flight prices. Hmmm, do I want to spend $1,300.00 in flight and hotel to go to Holland for a week to see Maiden/AB/Airbourne? It's tempting. Then again, I've seen both Iron Maiden and Alter Bridge at their own shows in a week span in the greatest week of my life, so I don't know if that can top that week, even if it is in a larger stadium for the Maiden show. I'll think about it and if AB throws one of their own headlining shows within a 3-5 hour radius of where I could be at, that may sweeten the pot a bit. I still want to plan a potential Northwest coast trip though before that when AB announces their shows in that area.
It's a festival ground where the Maiden show is. The actual festival starts the day after.
I bet there will always be a headline show a day (or two) before that one in a 3-5 hour radius. Europe is tiny compared to the US of A :yes

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Oh. It's a festival ground, not a stadium? Well, I'll pass on that then. I don't think my body can handle standing for too long nowadays. I'll guess if AB announces something super special in Europe in Fall 2020, I hope I can justify wanting to fly out there.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Giving serious thought to that Sweden show. We have great friends near Stockholm so we could go visit for Midsummer and then see my 2 favorite bands playing together a few days later...oh my.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Do it if you can!! I was fortunate enough to visit Stockholm back in September/October 2007 and it was beautiful – I can only imagine how nice it would be in June.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

We were there with our friends for Midsummer about 10 years ago. Sweden is a wonderful place.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

In between summerfestivals in Europe they often play headline gigs in slightly more little venues. Great opportunity to see my favorite band up closer than possible in their regular headline-tour-gigs. That's what I will be aiming for. I hope once again they will not skip Holland for that. In the TLH-cycle I saw them in this setting in Groningen and Tilburg in venues that normally would be to small for them. GREAT shows !

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

So you guys at the other side of the water wanting to combine sightseeing Europe and Alter Bridge. Just wait for the full agenda and probably you can make a great planning for seeing a few countries.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

The Download official lineup came out yesterday, but no AB listed...

There are still more names to be listed, sure. However the headliners have already been announced and AB isn’t one of them. Sad :(

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

AB4Lyfe wrote:The Download official lineup came out yesterday, but no AB listed...

There are still more names to be listed, sure. However the headliners have already been announced and AB isn’t one of them. Sad :(
I'm thinking that they are likely going to be playing before Iron Maiden, but Download is not going to announce them yet because the focus, regarding AB, should be, of course, their arena tour that still has plenty of tickets left to sell. Some at a slightly expensive price though.....

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Yup. Rumor is they're waiting until the current Euro tour ends. I suppose that makes theoretical sense marketing-wise, but in reality, how many Alter Bridge fans won't buy a ticket to see them headline right now because they were listed on the Download schedule already? I'd estimate something around exactly zero, but Download won't lose out by delaying things, so, fine.

If you look at the Download lineup ad, there is a lot of empty space between Iron Maiden and Gojira. Alter Bridge is gonna get fitted in there when this leg is done.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Another show with them being main support to Iron Maiden. This time in Ireland. Them being at Download main supporting Maiden on the main stage has to be a lock to be announced after their UK tour is over right?