Walk the Sky Europe 2019 Tour w/ Shinedown and the Raven Age

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: Walk the Sky Europe 2019 Tour w/ Shinedown, Sevendust (UK), and the Raven Age (non-UK)

Post by Ubik »

abw1987 wrote:In this interview it sounds like as of now they only plan to play 7 songs off of WTS (and only 4 per night):

As I recall they've already played 6, so I wonder what the 7th will be. Hopefully they'll decide to add more as the WTS tour cycle progresses.
That was possibly filmed during the US tour though? They've got to play Walking on the Sky and Forever Falling at least, otherwise it's madness.
For all of the hope that it brings...

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Walk the Sky Europe 2019 Tour w/ Shinedown, Sevendust (UK), and the Raven Age (non-UK)

Post by scarecrow »

Blackbird wrote:Heck no! White Knuckles is one of their best live songs, it just kicks ass. Waters Rising is superior to Forever Falling as a song on every imaginable level.
these are both bad takes :P

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

Blackbird wrote:
scarecrow wrote:Songs like Crows On A Wire and White Knuckles over stuff from the new album is pretty weak. At least swap out Waters Rising for Forever Falling.
Heck no! White Knuckles is one of their best live songs, it just kicks ass. Waters Rising is superior to Forever Falling as a song on every imaginable level.
You sir are nucking futs.
Scott Stapp:
28th March, 2014 at The Opera House in Toronto

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

Setlist for today's gig in Hamburg, Germany: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/alter-br ... a82db.html

Best sound I've ever had in any AB concert that wasn't open air! Both vocals and guitars were very audible. I'll probably write a bit more after tomorrow's gig in Berlin.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Nice! Mark sang on BID again? :eek

Cool that they closed the main set with Metalingus too.

How did you like the new songs?

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

abw1987 wrote:Nice! Mark sang on BID again? :eek

Cool that they closed the main set with Metalingus too.

How did you like the new songs?
Yeah, and it was fucking amazing! He absolutely nailed the high notes (those he could reach).

Myles also did less of his vowel-replacement in high notes (e.g. singing "awee" instead of "away" in CoA) and he even sang the primary vocal melody in the CoA chorus which I believe he didn't do in the past.

Out of the new songs, I was pretty disappointed by Pay No Mind - it's a weird live song in my eyes because it lacks some energy, but isn't emotional enough to make up for that. Godspeed on the other hand surprised me in a very positive way. I like it on the album, but it's definitely better live because it has a lot of power and feels less like a pop-rock, but more like an actual rock song. Native Son, while I really, really don't like it, was also okay because it's just heavy as hell.

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

Hopefully we'll get some more videos of Mark singing Burn It Down. Would love some really high quality ones.
Scott Stapp:

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

It's not even funny how much Marks vocals have improved, a fantastic performance!

Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

abw1987 wrote:Yeah it is funny when bands have opposite popularity in Europe vs. the US. Europe has it right, IMO. Shinedown's music is so boring compared to AB's. Their first two albums were great; after that they've done nothing interesting.
GazEd wrote:So I made it to Finland.

Crows on a wire +
Dying light +

Brent lost his voice before Sound of madness, so they cut 1 song.

Shit, I can not hear a sound.
Nice, so they have already performed "Dying Light" after all!

I watched a video of that Crows performance and it was probably the least inspired I've seen them do. Myles barely went for the high notes and skipped a lot of them, and Mark didn't do the harmonies in the final chorus (which is my favorite part when they play this live). I wonder if Myles is not feeling 100%, or maybe his voice has just reached a point of extended fatigue.
Tim said his allergies are really bugging him and, subsequently, his voice. Maybe that's why Mark did BID again, too, though his version is really really good as a change up whether or not Myles is ailing a bit.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

Shinedown are using so much playback in these concerts, it's fucking embarrassing for every musician who tries to nail it live every fucking evening. I once was a fan of this band, but I seriously find them nothing but disgusting by now.

Also, Brent is unbearably annoying on stage. So full of himselt that it hurts. I have to watch this shit show three times, please help me. :D

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

Today's setlist: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/alter-br ... afb9f.html

And some pictures for you guys - we decided to take it a bit slower today in preparation of hopefully getting to the front row on Friday:

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

RevenantGB wrote:It's not even funny how much Marks vocals have improved, a fantastic performance!
I think the fact that he's finally using in ear monitors has made a huge difference. Or maybe he has taken some lessons. And Myles killed it with his playing on that!
Scott Stapp:

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Kreuger wrote:
RevenantGB wrote:It's not even funny how much Marks vocals have improved, a fantastic performance!
I think the fact that he's finally using in ear monitors has made a huge difference. Or maybe he has taken some lessons. And Myles killed it with his playing on that!
I would be surprised if he did not take lessons. His vocals improved constantly since My Own Prison. Still his range is quite low, as you can hear on that butchered high note.

Schulzy
White Knuckled

Post by Schulzy »

Mark's voice sounds amazing in this video and the others I've seen. I only wish he would play the Burn It Down solo closer to the album version as it is in my top ten favorites of his all time.
_^:Tangled in your trance and I'm certain:^_

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

https://youtu.be/jzK8dijZFT0
Wow, he sounds great. Butchered that one high note in the second chorus but he more than made up for it in the bridge. I love the way they ended the song too... really cool play on the final chords.
Nice to see the haven't given up on "In the Deep"!
Blackbird wrote:Shinedown are using so much playback in these concerts, it's fucking embarrassing for every musician who tries to nail it live every fucking evening. I once was a fan of this band, but I seriously find them nothing but disgusting by now.

Also, Brent is unbearably annoying on stage. So full of himselt that it hurts. I have to watch this shit show three times, please help me. :D
It really is painful to watch. Alter Bridge are on such a different level it's not even close.

jailman
Bought The CDs

Post by jailman »

Blackbird wrote:Shinedown are using so much playback in these concerts, it's fucking embarrassing for every musician who tries to nail it live every fucking evening. I once was a fan of this band, but I seriously find them nothing but disgusting by now.

I feel the same. Cant stand the guy. Great voice, but...

jailman
Bought The CDs

Post by jailman »

scarecrow wrote:
Blackbird wrote:Heck no! White Knuckles is one of their best live songs, it just kicks ass. Waters Rising is superior to Forever Falling as a song on every imaginable level.
these are both bad takes :P
agreed. Waters Rising is superior to nothing. Still cant figure out why that's a live staple

jailman
Bought The CDs

Post by jailman »

Blackbird wrote:Today's setlist: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/alter-br ... afb9f.html

And some pictures for you guys - we decided to take it a bit slower today in preparation of hopefully getting to the front row on Friday:

great pics. Any video?

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

Nah, unfortunately not. I don't make videos when I'm at concerts because constantly holding my phone in hands and not being able to sing along to not ruin the video makes me enjoy the whole thing considerably less.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Regarding taking pictures and videos, I can't take quality pictures for jack when I go to shows, much less take a quality video. I just take one picture of the view of the stage and something that looks interesting to me and that is that. That's what I was very relived when I met Myles at an airport that someone else took the picture of me and Myles and then she and her friend wanted a picture with Myles. Don't think that picture of me and Myles would have looked better had it been a selfie.