Walk the Sky Europe 2019 Tour w/ Shinedown and the Raven Age

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
MrsPog
Bought The CDs

Re: Walk the Sky Europe 2019 Tour w/ Shinedown and the Raven Age

Post by MrsPog »

Just printed my tickets for Birmingham Arena UK gig, totally different seats than my original booking. Called Ticketmaster and there has been a 'production change' apparently, meaning front blocks are not being used - 1,2,11 &12. I'm guessing (hoping!) the stage will be set further into the arena. Perhaps not enough tickets sold...?

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

I've got mixed thoughts on Sevendust dropping out. In some ways I'm disappointed because I was looking forward to seeing them, but I'm also pleased because this means that I no longer have to sit through Shinedown. I think Shinedown supported AB a few backs (or maybe it was Black Stone Cherry)? Either way I thought they were absolutely shite. I saw The Raven Age supporting Anthrax and I thought they were a bit crap, has anyone seen them on this tour and would recommend them?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I saw The Raven Age open for Iron Maiden back in LA a few months back. I thought they were "ok." Nothing too bad about their music, but it's not really exciting for me to get into. It's like if they do their own shows, I honestly wouldn't want to go see them and honestly, I would have prefer a different opener for this kind of AB tour.

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

You're not missing out on much if you don't see Raven Age. They have a nice performance and some of the songs they play sound not too bad, but most of them are really similar and pretty mediocre. Definitely better than Shinedown doing 3 of their songs with playback while telling you some fake story about keeping rock alive.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Sucks for Sevendust and all the UK fans who were excited to see them! I hope Morgan makes a quick recovery. I saw he posted an update the other day when he was going into surgery. Silver lining, this should be great exposure for the Raven Age!

It always blows me away to see pictures of the AB tours in the UK. I saw folks posting pics of their Nottingham show last night and the idea of an arena full of AB fans is just so foreign to me. I've got to get over there for one of those arena shows someday.

Also... how have we not talked about Myles's "Hallelujah" performance last week?? viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3757

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

:cheers :beer
YAH! My sister, who works for the venue owners, just got me staff tickets to the London show on Saturday. Super-last minute but I'll definitely be looking forward to seeing AB again.

This will be the first vanilla AB gig (I went to RAH) I've been to since 2010. Should be awesome.

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

Quick tipp for everyone who's going to see AB in the coming days and doesn't know The Raven Age yet: Listen to their new album before the gig. It's really good, but the sound quality live has been so bad for me on all three concerts that I've been to that I really couldn't dig it that much. I wish I had listened to them earlier. Don't make the same mistake. :)

prslover
TABN.com Citizen

Post by prslover »

It's hilarious how Alter Bridge is huge in Europe and Shinedown aint much. Over here (wrongly) Shinedown is big and AB is mediocre. To the Euro's I say , You got the Rock Music Genre on the right track. I salute you.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

prslover wrote:It's hilarious how Alter Bridge is huge in Europe and Shinedown aint much. Over here (wrongly) Shinedown is big and AB is mediocre. To the Euro's I say , You got the Rock Music Genre on the right track. I salute you.
That argument seems a bit too black and white honestly. Once again, every time I hear this argument that Europe is better because of larger crowds and the likes, I actually do like the venues AB played here in the states. GA prices are cheaper and I feel like it can be a better atmosphere than an arena crowd since the majority of the crowds in the smaller theater are standing crowds. I'm not certain if I can enjoy AB shows if they were doing amphitheaters on the regular where they charge like $75.00 for standard GA.

I know, for certain, that there would be no way for me to do a trip on the West Coast to see them four times if they were charging GA prices for the UK arena tour for their shows in the states.

Don't get me wrong. I'm happy for their huge success in Europe as it keeps them going from a business perspective, but honestly, I like where the NA fanbase as it is right now when it comes to the venues they are playing in.

Torsten
Loyal Follower

Post by Torsten »

Last edited by Torsten on Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrsPog
Bought The CDs

Post by MrsPog »

Just on the train home after the Birmingham Arena show. I enjoyed Raven Age but Shinedown aren't my thing, although others seemed to like them a lot. The AB guys were on good form and I thought the set was a nice mixture of the current album and previous releases. Sound quality was decent but too much reverb/effect on the vocals for my taste. The stage show was simple but the best I've seen from Alter Bridge. I'm so glad I went, just love seeing these dudes live... may feel differently when my work alarm goes off though! ;)

Torsten
Loyal Follower

Post by Torsten »

Equipments Shinedown

Ian livie (United Kingdom) provides Lighting - Video - Cryo - Rigging & Trucking.

Last edited by Torsten on Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

merces
Brand New Start

Post by merces »

I wasn't sure If I needed to create a new topic...

I went to the Amsterdam show last week, great show, I missed the Raven Age, Shinedown wasn't really my thing although I enjoyed 2 or 3 songs, Alter Bridge played a solid show, this was the 3rd time seeing them live, but damn that show is SHORT !!

I can't help but wonder, am I the only one ?
They played for just about 1,5 hours, maybe I'm spoiled but I expect them to play AT LEAST 2 hours, with such a catalog, don't get me wrong, there is not much this band can do wrong in my mind, but 90 minutes.....come on, it sorta feels like they do their trick, and up to the next show ....

Anyone know if there a any live recordings out there from this show or other from the euro tour ?

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

I don't think AB has ever played a 2 hr show.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, the first time they've done Wembley Arena was about two hours. Royal Albert Hall was around two hours and 15 minutes. Other than that, they've been going around 90-100 minutes for their main shows with two openers.

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

Yea 90-100 minutes is pretty solid in terms of length, I would prefer a show that is 90+ minutes main set then anything in the encore is after that 90 minute mark. But then again I also think Encores are a waste of time just stay on the stage and play a song instead of walking off for 5 minutes

MrsPog
Bought The CDs

Post by MrsPog »

The Dissident wrote:Yea 90-100 minutes is pretty solid in terms of length, I would prefer a show that is 90+ minutes main set then anything in the encore is after that 90 minute mark. But then again I also think Encores are a waste of time just stay on the stage and play a song instead of walking off for 5 minutes
:yeahthat

Torsten
Loyal Follower

Post by Torsten »

Final London Show :cheers

Photo: Crew Alter Bridge Tour Tobias Lemke

Torsten
Loyal Follower

Post by Torsten »

Photo: Crew Alter Bridge Tour Joey Brueckmann

CrowsOnAWire
TABN.com Citizen

Post by CrowsOnAWire »

I’m going to the O2 Arena show tonight, what time have Alter Bridge been taking the stage on their UK tour?