Alter Bridge 'Walk the Sky' spring US tour 2020

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
MrsPog
Bought The CDs

Re: Alter Bridge 'Walk the Sky' spring US tour 2020

Post by MrsPog »

Sounds like the guys are killing it at the moment. I appreciate the comments about meet & greet; I was undecided about what to do... not met the band before. For the reasons you mentioned I'm glad now I didn't go for it. £150 is a lot of money to be ushered along to say hello, I think I may have been disappointed. Seeing the soundcheck sounded super cool though! Looking forward to reading others' show experiences - keep them coming!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

MrsPog wrote:Sounds like the guys are killing it at the moment. I appreciate the comments about meet & greet; I was undecided about what to do... not met the band before. For the reasons you mentioned I'm glad now I didn't go for it. £150 is a lot of money to be ushered along to say hello, I think I may have been disappointed. Seeing the soundcheck sounded super cool though! Looking forward to reading others' show experiences - keep them coming!
Well, as a guy that did the meet & greet and met the band before, they were cool guys to be around, but yeah, just saying hi and take the picture, seems a bit.... I don't have the words to describe, but the point can be interpreted. Of course, in my case, it was the listening party where they had 500 people to do this for instead of like the 50-100 per show that signed up for VIP and everyone has to get in the main room so that the album can be played on time. Still, I rather would have moments like running into Myles at an airport where you get these little happy accidents that you never expect. That stated, even if I did have a chance to have a decent conversation with the guys, I would have no clue of what to talk about since I'm a terrible conversationalist. I might have a decent conversation with Brian, though, since he's a Rush fan and I found his words about Neil Peart's passing on Instagram quite touching.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

I met Kevin! Woo!
Photobucket cash grab.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Haha! Yeah it is!! We finally met after being at the same show like 6 times. It’s always a Woo! when you meet a fellow TABN member....except zaz.
Photobucket cash grab.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, then. I need some convincing to fly to New Jersey for their show at Starland Ballroom to meet Zaz. Will it be worth the cost of the trip to meet Zaz? Dang it, I don't want to bring this idea to the table, especially my May is already loaded with concerts.

Skywalker
Bought The CDs

Post by Skywalker »

Kevin,

I wouldn't be too hard on yourself. It was a complete accident. If the person couldn't understand that as you apologized profusely, then that is their problem. It's not like you were trying to hurt anyone or push someone out of the way. It was a complete accident. Shit happens at concerts. I've done something similar before and accidentally threw my hand up to get something and whacked a dude in the head. I apologized too, and he was cool about it. Sounds like the woman you accidentally hit with your hand was being the asshole, not you.

Glad the show was good. You got the other "main" setlist that they've been playing. Funny about B Marsh and Rush...the last couple of times I wore Maiden shirts to the M&G, which Brian always commented about. I was going to wear a Rush shirt on Sunday, and got talked out of it by my wife and daughter (the kid wanted us all to be in AB shirts). Maybe I would have had more time at the M&G had I worn the Rush shirt. :)
MrsPog wrote:Sounds like the guys are killing it at the moment. I appreciate the comments about meet & greet; I was undecided about what to do... not met the band before. For the reasons you mentioned I'm glad now I didn't go for it. £150 is a lot of money to be ushered along to say hello, I think I may have been disappointed. Seeing the soundcheck sounded super cool though! Looking forward to reading others' show experiences - keep them coming!
You're welcome. Again, the M&G hasn't always been this way. It certainly was NOT this way in 2014 (Fortress tour) and it was not this way at the Spokane show in 2017. This is something new. Again, I totally get it, but I think if this is the way they are going to do it, the M&G should be $125 instead of $175. If you have zero time to talk to the band and get items signed, then the price should be reduced.
anguyen92 wrote: I also spotted the guy that facepainted the words Myles Kennedy when we were at the Myles solo show in LA in 2018. He was here for this show with another facepaint to fit the AB Walk the Sky aesthetics. Once again, sometimes I wish I was as dedicated as a fan like the people I have met and observed in the times I've seen AB. Instead, I look too try-hardy and feel like ass at some point.
Kevin, you can be a dedicated fan and not do facepaint and try to be the center of attention (not judging, just saying you can be a diehard and not look like one). I'm in my 40s, been to 250 shows over the last 25 years, and I've generally just done my best to promote the bands I like by going to the shows I can go to, buying their merch as appropriate, and always talking highly of them. I guarantee you that you were just as excited to see AB as the dude with the facepaint. You came back immediately to this forum to talk about the show -- that shows your enthusiasm. :)

Anyway, looks like AB is closing out this run sounding great. I had a blast at my two shows last weekend. Looking forward to the next time. :rockon
AnybodyListening.net - Chronicling the History of Queensryche's Original Lineup

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

Seeing your video on Godspeed, I can't see anyone playing the synth. Is it just a backing track? Is someone else out there that isn't visible on the video?

Skywalker
Bought The CDs

Post by Skywalker »

There is someone there. Right side, behind the two big lights. He's not "behind the stage," but he's blocked a bit from view. At the 1:20 mark of my video, look at Flip. To his left is a tech, and to the tech's left is the keyboard player.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: "He's a great big spoon though." ~Ryan.

Post by zazthespaz »

Ryan wrote:Haha! Yeah it is!! We finally met after being at the same show like 6 times. It’s always a Woo! when you meet a fellow TABN member....except zaz.
That's fair. :)
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

Skywalker wrote:There is someone there. Right side, behind the two big lights. He's not "behind the stage," but he's blocked a bit from view. At the 1:20 mark of my video, look at Flip. To his left is a tech, and to the tech's left is the keyboard player.
LOL I totally wasn't paying attention.

Honestly, I only watched the beginning but listened to the rest. So in the beginning, the lights were dim and all you could see were the OG AB.

MrsPog
Bought The CDs

Post by MrsPog »

Ryan wrote:I met Kevin! Woo!
It's cool you guys have finally met!

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Mark’s guitar tech plays the synths. Mark will go over by him on occasion when he’s playing.
Photobucket cash grab.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Something something sarcasm something something.

Post by Inconquerable »

anguyen92 wrote:All right, I'm back from the LA show. Let's get the negatives right away. Uhhh, while AB were throwing out the picks at the end of the show, I was trying to give a signal to have them throw one my way and in the process, I accidentally struck someone's face with my wrist. Man, I feel like ass in that moment and I tried profusely to apologize to that woman, but either she didn't hear it or she thinks I'm a try-hard bas**** and she hates me forever and I ruined her night. I feel so terrible about it. I've become what I've hated. It hurts so much. I feel like I'm going to get blackballed out of something. I just hope she can forgive me for what I've done in that moment.
Don't beat yourself up over this, Ang! You're a good guy! No need to feel badly over an accident. She probably just didn't hear you apologizing, or she was wasted and wasn't going to listen to anything reasonable anyway, whether she heard you or not. Or she was just not a great person. Either way, don't let an accident tarnish a memory of what sounds like an amazing show.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

You feel what you've become.
My god what have you done!?
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Today’s the day, y’all.

Today is the day... Shea gets his cherry popped. Congrats, Shea :lol

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

AB4Lyfe wrote:Today’s the day, y’all.

Not just any cherry, but my Alter Bridge cherry! :rockon :mtrocks :mkrules

Thanks, Duane!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: can anyone recommend a good psychiatrist?

Post by zazthespaz »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:

Thanks, Duane!
I'm not the only one who thought AB4Lyfe was talking about meeting him, right? Like, Alter Bridge didn't even cross my mind... :shifty
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Re: can anyone recommend a good psychiatrist?

Post by AB4Lyfe »

zazthespaz wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:

Thanks, Duane!
I'm not the only one who thought AB4Lyfe was talking about meeting him, right? Like, Alter Bridge didn't even cross my mind... :shifty
Making you think about it, huh? Good ;)

Skywalker
Bought The CDs

Post by Skywalker »

Does anyone have a setlist.fm account? If so, can you please modify the Tahoe/Stateline setlist for 2/21/20. Whoever did it got it wrong. I was there. It was the same as the one in Ft. Wayne, Indiana - https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/alter-br ... 83648.html. The only difference was that White Knuckles and Take the Crown should be reversed. Take the Crown came first, followed by WK on Feb. 21.

This is why I maintain a tour database for my favorite band, the original lineup of Queensryche. Setlist.fm is often wrong, and there are no standards in terms of verifying content.