Alter Bridge 'Walk the Sky' spring US tour 2020

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Ryan
Blood Machines

Re: Alter Bridge 'Walk the Sky' spring US tour 2020

Post by Ryan »

Got my tickets for Vegas and LA. Can’t wait!!
Photobucket cash grab.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, Ryan. This time we are going to meet up for certain at the LA show. I'll probably be at the front of the line at the Wiltern around 1:00 PM wearing the Royal Albert Hall Skull T-Shirt as always. You cannot not spot me. I may not spot you though......

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Ryan wrote:Got my tickets for Vegas and LA. Can’t wait!!
Excellent! I'm pretty sure my brother is going to the Vegas show, but I'm less than 50/50 for it.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

For once I'm shut out on this group of dates. Closest is Nashville, and eight hours one way is just too far.

Hoping another group of dates come out and they hit Tulsa or Little Rock.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

anguyen92 wrote:All right, Ryan. This time we are going to meet up for certain at the LA show. I'll probably be at the front of the line at the Wiltern around 1:00 PM wearing the Royal Albert Hall Skull T-Shirt as always. You cannot not spot me. I may not spot you though......
Sounds good to me! Not sure what I’ll be doing really. I have a lifetime VIP pass so I’ll be going in for soundcheck and meet and greet. I’ll also be toward the front for the early entry. Last time the Wiltern had 2 separate lines for that. They’re inconsistent on how they do things though so we’ll see what happens this time. One time I didn’t need a ticket, last time I didn’t either, but they were gonna make us wait for will call which opened after they let everyone else in. We were not very happy about that. So, I had to buy a ticket (which is fine with me cause the band benefits), but the way they were acting wasn’t cool.
Photobucket cash grab.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

They will be at the Welcome to Rockville festival in Florida. Once again on the day headlined by Disturbed (and once again, in between the days Metallica is doing their dual headlining sets) as in the Epicenter festival.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Ryan wrote:Sounds good to me! Not sure what I’ll be doing really. I have a lifetime VIP pass so I’ll be going in for soundcheck and meet and greet. I’ll also be toward the front for the early entry. Last time the Wiltern had 2 separate lines for that. They’re inconsistent on how they do things though so we’ll see what happens this time. One time I didn’t need a ticket, last time I didn’t either, but they were gonna make us wait for will call which opened after they let everyone else in. We were not very happy about that. So, I had to buy a ticket (which is fine with me cause the band benefits), but the way they were acting wasn’t cool.
That blows, Ryan. Venue incompetency when it comes to this sort like figuring out where to line the VIP people seems too common for my liking (see part 2 and part 4 of my trip). When I was in the Wiltern for three GA shows, this year, it looked well managed. I could have gotten a solid GA pit spot for Within Temptation, but I passed to get the rail spot in the second section. The other two shows, I had non-pit and the VIP people got in early as they should have.

I'm GA Pit for the AB show though, as long as I get in front of the line early and as long as the Meet and Greet people go in first, I'm golden. Would I get another rail spot? Maybe, but I wouldn't be too upset if I didn't. I made it to rail for at least one of these shows, other people should get that enjoyment if the opportunity befalls on them. Plus, I'm going to four of these shows. The odds of me getting a rail spot should be solid.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Another festival announcement.

They will be at the festival formally known as Rock on the Range (now it is Sonic Temple Festival) in Columbus, OH. Once again, on the Saturday not on Metallica's day. Both Staind and AB are locked on the Saturdays for the Danny Wimmer Presents Festivals, it seems.

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

I'm sorry that I did not see these tour dates sooner. I swore that I entered a thread that didn't show them hitting the west coast, and ignored these threads outright. Then a few weeks ago my friend who I go to AB concerts with told me they'd be in San Francisco, and by that time all seats were already taken.

I've moved out of the area so it will be a couple hours' drive, which wouldn't be so bad except that it's on a Sunday night, and I teach the morning afterward. I'd like to go, but that many hours of standing, then driving, then little sleep, etc. is making it tough for me to make this decision.

Anyone else going to SF? I think it's like February 23rd or something.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Yeah. I'll be there. Along with doing three other shows in the West Coast. I think tickets are still available through AXS for face value.

https://www.axs.com/events/386889/alter ... ur-tickets

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

anguyen92 wrote:Yeah. I'll be there. Along with doing three other shows in the West Coast. I think tickets are still available through AXS for face value.

https://www.axs.com/events/386889/alter ... ur-tickets
Thanks, but it still looks to be general admission (standing room) only. I'll hold off till I can firm up my plans better.

Would be nice to meet a fellow TABN member there if I go, though.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Great news!

Depending on the weather, I may be headed to the Nashville show. It's on a Saturday, and my sister in law is two hours this side of there, so we'd have a crash pad. If finances and weather permit, may get two shows in after all.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

It's funny how things have changed after a couple of weeks. Platinum tickets for GA Pit on Ticketmaster for the Wiltern show is now at $140.00 (at one point it was going for like $175.00). Also, I've looked at Stubhub and it looks like there are some regular GA tickets under face value going for as low as $44.00 for the time being (as oppose to paying $48.00 on Ticketmaster). I still think I made the right call, for the time being, paying $71.00 on first day of presale for GA Pit.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

I’m heading to the Seattle show, supposed to see Shea there! Anyone else going ?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Yep, I'll be there. Staying at the hostel nearby. I think it's called the Green Tortoise or something?

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Really wishing there was some more east coast dates. Another NY/NJ show would be great.
Thanks Andy!

dpsmith33
Brand New Start

Post by dpsmith33 »

I hope they are gonna make it back to Dallas. I skipped the show with Skillet. Really thought they would come back with a headlining show.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I sure hope that AB does have one more leg in the last half of 2020 that covers the areas they did with Skillet this year, but this time, it's their own shows. It would be a shame if the Victorious Sky shows were the only shows for the Walk the Sky period in those areas, especially since some of those shows were in their more popular areas in the states (especially since a good portion of those shows was when the album wasn't officially out yet).

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

anguyen92 wrote:I sure hope that AB does have one more leg in the last half of 2020 that covers the areas they did with Skillet this year, but this time, it's their own shows. It would be a shame if the Victorious Sky shows were the only shows for the Walk the Sky period in those areas, especially since some of those shows were in their more popular areas in the states (especially since a good portion of those shows was when the album wasn't officially out yet).
Do this but add a Canadian run to it as well...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Yep, they want to do a Canadian run as well, not just Toronto and Montreal. That was addressed in a Q&A that Myles and Flip did (the video is out there on Youtube somewhere).