Alter Bridge 'Walk the Sky' spring US tour 2020

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: Alter Bridge 'Walk the Sky' spring US tour 2020

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Some videos from the Seattle show for anyone who's interested...I unfortunately didnt think to record White Knuckles or In Loving Memory because I just wanted to experience those without a camera at the time, but looking back on it I wish I recorded those as well, tbh. :lol I even only took like a half video of Ghosts cause I didnt think about recording that one until it had already started :lol :/ Another thing I realized bout videos, they make you seem farther back than you actually were or felt like you were at the concert itself :lol Cause when I was there I felt like I was much closer than what the video shows :/ I apologize for any shakey cam, poor visual quality or bad audio moments but I recorded them with my Samsung Galaxy S8 :lol When I was recording them I held the camera below or above my line of sight so I could still actually experience the songs through my own eyes :lol

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

I made eye contact with Brian during the Seattle show. He then did a cool bass lick, looked back at me, and I gave him the “ok” hand symbol.

I don’t know what to make of this...

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

AB4Lyfe wrote:I made eye contact with Brian during the Seattle show. He then did a cool bass lick, looked back at me, and I gave him the “ok” hand symbol.

I don’t know what to make of this...
Think it means you're pregnant now.

Nice vids, Shea! Has Myles stopped using the Tele?
For all of the hope that it brings...

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Ubik wrote:Nice vids, Shea! Has Myles stopped using the Tele?
Thanks, Ubik :D Not sure about that 2nd part but I thought I saw some videos of him using it recently :headscratch

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

So... did they play Indoctrination?

MrsPog
Bought The CDs

Post by MrsPog »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:Some videos from the Seattle show for anyone who's interested...I unfortunately didnt think to record White Knuckles or In Loving Memory because I just wanted to experience those without a camera at the time, but looking back on it I wish I recorded those as well, tbh. :lol I even only took like a half video of Ghosts cause I didnt think about recording that one until it had already started :lol :/ Another thing I realized bout videos, they make you seem farther back than you actually were or felt like you were at the concert itself :lol Cause when I was there I felt like I was much closer than what the video shows :/ I apologize for any shakey cam, poor visual quality or bad audio moments but I recorded them with my Samsung Galaxy S8 :lol When I was recording them I held the camera below or above my line of sight so I could still actually experience the songs through my own eyes :lol

Personally, these are my four favourite live songs! Great vids and looked a good atmosphere too. The guys seem to feed much more off the crowd than when they play arenas. I've seen SMKC play an arena and a small sports hall, the latter gig seeing Myles on the best form. Perhaps a smaller gig suits him and the fact AB are not what I'd call a physical band (running around) the US crowd get to enjoy them at their most comfortable.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Don't know if the May dates are going to go as planned. I think AB is on the side of caution until they are forced to postpone. Probably is the best route for them as of right now. If it was around April that they go back on tour, then it would have been a guarantee postpone.

Thank goodness, I didn't book any flight or hotels to one of those shows.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Whistles....., you hate to see this announcement, but we all knew this was happening approaching May. I can see AB pushing their headlining shows in May to Fall. Hopefully, they can do some more touring in 2021 to make up for the shows that are potentially in jeopardy (like the May shows and the non-Festival Europe shows).

Sonic Temple, Epicenter, and Welcome to Rockville (all three festivals that AB was scheduled to be a part in) has been cancelled.

https://loudwire.com/sonic-temple-epice ... available/

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: 6 foot social distancing party in the Starland parking lot regardless!

Post by zazthespaz »

Just got an email saying my concert on 5/7 is postponed. No surprise. If it gets rescheduled within 30 days though, my ticket will still be good, otherwise I'll get a full refund.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Micky
On The Rail

I want to purposely stand a max of 5.9 feet away from Cam at this point.a

Post by Micky »

zazthespaz wrote:Just got an email saying my concert on 5/7 is postponed. No surprise. If it gets rescheduled within 30 days though, my ticket will still be good, otherwise I'll get a full refund.
I never got the email so this post ruined my day. THANKS CAM
Thanks Andy!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Now you have to stand 6.1 feet away.

Post by zazthespaz »

Micky wrote:
zazthespaz wrote:Just got an email saying my concert on 5/7 is postponed. No surprise. If it gets rescheduled within 30 days though, my ticket will still be good, otherwise I'll get a full refund.
I never got the email so this post ruined my day. THANKS CAM
Maybe they're performing a private concert for just you! THERE, I JUST MADE YOUR DAY THE BEST EVER.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Now I'm sad. We all knew it had to happen, but it's official. The May tour with Black Stone Cherry and Saint Asonia is postponed. To me, this was probably the best line-up of the tour and probably the best poster of the tour and I was ready to go to the East Coast to see a show there and perhaps bunk with either Zaz or Micky. However, I held off spending any money for that trip until we learned how big the virus had spread. Now it's not happening. Makes me a sad guy.

https://twitter.com/alterbridge/status/ ... 3026292736

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

I’m sad too... was supposed to go to the Destin show!

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

https://www.razorwisconsin.com/2020/12/ ... ast-audio/

Guess the main news from this interview, Myles says the tour cycle for Walk the Sky is probably finished now (17:19 timestamp).
For all of the hope that it brings...