Battle Of The Track Numbers: Track 07

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!

BOTTN: Track 07

Poll ended at Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:42 pm

In Loving Memory
23%
Rise Today
3%
Wonderful Life
5%
Calm The Fire
64%
Losing Patience
No votes
Indoctrination
5%

Total votes: 39

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: guess I better read his current review

Post by zazthespaz »

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
zazthespaz wrote:Hahaha did you come up with that "swarm of bees" description? I've never heard it before but it works perfectly. I've got it on my workout playlist and now I'm always going to think of that when it comes up.
Nope, all credit goes to abw1987 for that one. Though I will say the first time I heard the song, that's all I could picture. I still can't get it out of my head. I once put this in a post:
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:What I picture is like... see the arrows going after the album guy's face? I imagine those as bees all going in one direction like that with their stinger asses sticking out that way from underneath them... I'm weird lol.
:lol good ol ABW!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Re: Battle Of The Track Numbers: Track 07

Post by One Drew Remains »

Someone needs to message the final results to Tim or the band. 0 votes so far for Rise Today should really put things in perspective.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

One Drew Remains wrote:Someone needs to message the final results to Tim or the band. 0 votes so far for Rise Today should really put things in perspective.
It's in a battle with a bunch of extremely strong songs though. Doesn't really say anything about how much the fanbase loves Rise Today.

TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TheEndisHere »

Lot of agreement on this one. Here's my ranking:
Calm the fire
In loving memory
Wonderful Life
Rise Today
Losing Patience
Indoctrination (it's interesting and has a cool riff but chorus and bridge are meh)

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Blackbird wrote:
One Drew Remains wrote:Someone needs to message the final results to Tim or the band. 0 votes so far for Rise Today should really put things in perspective.
It's in a battle with a bunch of extremely strong songs though. Doesn't really say anything about how much the fanbase loves Rise Today.

I'm just saying there are so many that we love better. Take it out, and replace it with something similar in pace. This poll would be a great litmus test for that.

For example... I like TTB quite a bit. But live it's sloppy, and I'm glad they took it out for this tour. Replace it with something we all love, or a well regarded deep cut like IoF or something. Then when you bring it back for say, the AB VIII tour, people will want it again
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Calm The Fire is interesting but a total mess

nildiven
Bought The CDs

Post by nildiven »

CTF, but ILM will always have a special place for me.

Looking over the winners thus far I can't believe BNS didn't get that round. Like wtf lol.

Buffon
Bought The CDs

Post by Buffon »

Indoctrination, by far.

In Loving Memory is a classic, the rest... eh.

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

Im really digging Indoctrination but Calm the Fire still beats it.
Scott Stapp:
28th March, 2014 at The Opera House in Toronto

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Re: Indoctrination. Brings you to the end, until you love again.

Post by gbruin »

zazthespaz wrote:
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:Losing Patience was doomed from the start, for me. The "swarm of bees" opening, filtered verse sounds with the word "telephone" in it (I don't know why, but any song that uses the word "phone" sounds too weird for me, probably because it just feels very generational), and the song is just meh going through a crappy mix. It won points over with me down the line when I heard Myles do it acoustically, but it doesn't edge anything else out.
Hahaha did you come up with that "swarm of bees" description? I've never heard it before but it works perfectly. I've got it on my workout playlist and now I'm always going to think of that when it comes up.
Never? lol. abw hates you right now :lol

This was the toughest round for me so far. All very good, but none head and shoulders above the rest.

Going with Wonderful Life. One last song before you spread your wings.

Miss you, Scout.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

So hard to choose between Calm The Fire and Rise Today for me here. CTF is a masterpiece, but RT, while maybe a bit overexposed due to being one of the lead singles and a longtime set closer, is iconic and never fails to get me hyped up. I can't pick...

*EDIT* I picked. Went with Rise Today, which brings its total votes to... one. One?! Come on, guys...
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

I enjoy the song but it's easily the weakest one here.
Scott Stapp:
28th March, 2014 at The Opera House in Toronto

Thomz87
Bought The CDs

Post by Thomz87 »

I always said Rise Today does really nothing special to me. To me, it's kind of a boring song.
Calm The Fire on the other hand is very special, starting with that unique intro.

Don't understand why Indoctrination doesn't get more love. I dig it, from the start to the end.

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

Winner: Calm The Fire

... crushing its competition with ease.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Lol ya just had to break the 0 votes for "Rise Today" streak, didn't you?

jailman
Bought The CDs

Post by jailman »

3 days is all we got? there should be more time given to vote. The album cycle has just begun. Album just came out. No need to "close voting".

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

jailman wrote:3 days is all we got? there should be more time given to vote. The album cycle has just begun. Album just came out. No need to "close voting".
When am I supposed to collect the "final" results then, though? We could simply do another vote in one and a half year or so. In fact, I'm currently thinking about it, but changing the system to allow voting for second and/or third places as well since this point is brought up more often this year. Might have to do that outside of this forum, at least partly, but we'll see.

jailman
Bought The CDs

Post by jailman »

Blackbird wrote:
jailman wrote:3 days is all we got? there should be more time given to vote. The album cycle has just begun. Album just came out. No need to "close voting".
When am I supposed to collect the "final" results then, though? We could simply do another vote in one and a half year or so. In fact, I'm currently thinking about it, but changing the system to allow voting for second and/or third places as well since this point is brought up more often this year. Might have to do that outside of this forum, at least partly, but we'll see.

you dont need to have final results.

This is not a fucking election. Just let the results be ongoing. Why shut it down? You have a guy that joins the board this week or next month, maybe he wants to vote.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: See you in June!

Post by zazthespaz »

jailman wrote:
Blackbird wrote:

This is not a fucking election. Just let the results be ongoing. Why shut it down? You have a guy that joins the board this week or next month, maybe he wants to vote.
I don’t think it’s fair for you to complain about time when it took you 5 months to respond and resurrected a dead thread to do so...

My understanding of closing the poll is so that there is a firm understanding of everyone’s opinion of the song at that given point in time. Will opinions change? Yes, and that’s why these polls are recreated frequently. So contrary to your point, it is an election of everyone’s favorite song at that given time.

Also, it’s one thread on a fan run board asking for member’s thoughts on a song. I don’t think anyone is losing sleep if they don’t get their vote in on time... There’s plenty of other options for them to voice their thoughts here.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Micky
On The Rail

Re: See you in June...of next year!

Post by Micky »

zazthespaz wrote:
jailman wrote:
Blackbird wrote:

I don’t think it’s fair for you to complain about time when it took you 5 months to respond and resurrected a dead thread to do so...

My understanding of closing the poll is so that there is a firm understanding of everyone’s opinion of the song at that given point in time. Will opinions change? Yes, and that’s why these polls are recreated frequently. So contrary to your point, it is an election of everyone’s favorite song at that given time.

Also, it’s one thread on a fan run board asking for member’s thoughts on a song. I don’t think anyone is losing sleep if they don’t get their vote in on time... There’s plenty of other options for them to voice their thoughts here.
:yeahthat
Thanks Andy!