Battle Of The Track Numbers: Track 08

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!

BOTTN: Track 08

Poll ended at Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:40 pm

Down To My Last
5%
Blackbird
76%
I Know It Hurts
3%
Waters Rising
3%
This Side Of Fate
11%
The Bitter End
3%

Total votes: 37

jailman
Bought The CDs

Re: Battle Of The Track Numbers: Track 08

Post by jailman »

I really like Down to my Last the best. Blackbird is second.

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

Arctic wrote:I’m surprised TSoF is getting a handful of votes. I’m a fan of the song, but to me it sounds like one of those songs that tries to be an ‘epic,’ but instead is just a really good song that falls short of that mark. Both ‘epics’ on TLH feel that way to me. They’re in a tier of their own but definitely far underneath Blackbird, Cry Of Achilles, and Fortress.
To me, CoA and Fortress are far better than Blackbird. As is TSoF.
Scott Stapp:
28th March, 2014 at The Opera House in Toronto

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

Arctic wrote:I’m surprised TSoF is getting a handful of votes. I’m a fan of the song, but to me it sounds like one of those songs that tries to be an ‘epic,’ but instead is just a really good song that falls short of that mark. Both ‘epics’ on TLH feel that way to me. They’re in a tier of their own but definitely far underneath Blackbird, Cry Of Achilles, and Fortress.
This Side of Fate is a top 5 AB song for me. The only songs I can confidently say that I'd vote for above it are Blackbird and Cry of Achilles.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Ahh yes, the 1 super-unanimous poll we have.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

I think we're done here.

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

I can't be the only one to stick up for I Know It Hurts! This wasn't even a battle!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

UninvitedZero wrote:I can't be the only one to stick up for I Know It Hurts! This wasn't even a battle!
8)
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

Winner: Blackbird

... shockingly!

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Typical corrupt organizer naming himself as the winner :lol

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

abw1987 wrote:Typical corrupt organizer naming himself as the winner :lol
Maybe I should think about renaming myself to a song that I'd like to see win but that didn't make it this time? :headscratch

nildiven
Bought The CDs

Post by nildiven »

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
nildiven wrote:The one track that really needs no poll. But curious more to what comes in 2nd place. This side of fate is such a unique and underrated song IMO and has one of Myles best solos too.
Again, that's unfair to say what is truly second place based on the voting system. You're tallying all first place votes that aren't Blackbird, but aren't accounting for BB voters' #2 songs in any way whatsoever.

Something else will be voted upon, but that doesn't necessarily give it full leeway compared to that of others.
I don't disagree. Just basing my comment on the thread as it exists. But by all means make a different thread with a new polling metric, I'd be curious of those results too.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

nildiven wrote:
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
nildiven wrote:The one track that really needs no poll. But curious more to what comes in 2nd place. This side of fate is such a unique and underrated song IMO and has one of Myles best solos too.
Again, that's unfair to say what is truly second place based on the voting system. You're tallying all first place votes that aren't Blackbird, but aren't accounting for BB voters' #2 songs in any way whatsoever.

Something else will be voted upon, but that doesn't necessarily give it full leeway compared to that of others.
I don't disagree. Just basing my comment on the thread as it exists. But by all means make a different thread with a new polling metric, I'd be curious of those results too.
Yah. I really don't think anyone is saying this is a definitive best-of list. It's just a fun tradition after every album release. Don't take it so seriously :cheers . Ain't no prize for winning.

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

Crumbso wrote:
nildiven wrote:
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:

Yah. I really don't think anyone is saying this is a definitive best-of list. It's just a fun tradition after every album release. Don't take it so seriously :cheers . Ain't no prize for winning.
Uhh, I'm not. When he says "Curious to see what comes in second place," it is he who decided to set the parameter that the second most first place votes would gain second place bid among the polling options. If he said: "Curious to see who receives the second most first-place votes," I wouldn't have said anything.

And I am considering doing a new system via Google Sheets, but we would have to agree on a scoring system (as in, should first place be 6 points and last place be 1, or should every higher ranking be double the score of the previous one? etc.).

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

It is what it is. You kinda non-sequitured that comment considering the lack of context and the fact that it was just a statement of his mental state in relation to this thread. Perhaps he is interested in seeing what comes in 2nd place specifically in the context of this thread's voting system.