Just Wondering...

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
ComingHome
Brand New Start

Just Wondering...

Post by ComingHome »

What impact do you think Myles singing for slash has had on the fan base of AB. Surely the band has gained new listeners from people that do not bash Myles cause he is not Axl. What do you think these guys first impressions of the band was? And what songs do you think they would have listened too? I mean if you type in Alter Bridge on youtube for me it comes up as Rise Today or Isolation but i can think of many other songs i would point in the direction of new listeners like Blackbird or One by One. What would your song be that you would reccomend? :mkrules :headbang

First post as well :)

Dolo
Burn It Down

Re: Just Wondering...

Post by Dolo »

That was a HUGE impact imo. The truth is, a lot of female GnR/Slash fans have become Myles fans beacuse of his voice and his handsomeness, without a doubt. And after they searched in the web for more info about him, they had found out AB. As you said, they probably listened to biggest hits that pop up on YouTube after typing "Alter Bridge" in the searcher. I am nearly sure that every new female fan will fall in love in tunes like In Loving Memory, Watch Over You, Wonderful Life, Life Must Go On - generally ballads. But I would recommend listening to a variety of styles presented by AB - blast in the face like Isolation, Still Remains, White Knuckies, medium tempo Open Your Eyes, anthems like Rise Today, and alternative metal tracks with great riffs like Come to Life and Ties That Bind.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

ComingHome
Brand New Start

Post by ComingHome »

I agree. I just hope that they wont just listen for Myles. Lets be honest all of the members deserve credit. But Myles will always get that little bit more from everybody including me i guess. So would you say the majority of people that do discover Alter Bridge through slash are female fans?

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

It was good.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

ComingHome wrote:I agree. I just hope that they wont just listen for Myles. Lets be honest all of the members deserve credit. But Myles will always get that little bit more from everybody including me i guess. So would you say the majority of people that do discover Alter Bridge through slash are female fans?
Yes, I would say that :)

Though, I don't want to be offensive and say that they listen to AB ONLY just because of Myles, but as you said, he plays the major role in the band.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

I pretty much am in this for Tremonti. Myles made me sit up and listen with that end note when Find The Real came out but over the years I've paid less attention to what Myles is doing and much more to what Mark is doing. I think alot of Tremonti fans came over from Creed.

tiesthatbind1387
Brand New Start

Post by tiesthatbind1387 »

I pretty much was just interested in hearing that the guys from creed had formed a new band, and wanted to check them out. First i listened to an album stream on vh1.com of odr and then i became hooked on this band from then on pretty much. The song i would recommend to any non fan would probably be find the real or metalingus or maybe blackbird.

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

Curious if any of you posting generalizations about women are women, or have data to back it up?

I can no longer remember which came first but around the same time I found out Chris Cornell had sung on Slash's album so I looked it up, and a fellow Soundgarden fan suggested I check out Alter Bridge. Sure Myles is handsome but that isn't why I'm an AB fan, or a fan of any other band. The band plays music which I enjoy mostly via listening with my ears and brain using a computer, mp3 player or CD player.

One thing that appeals to this female fan - AB plays hard rock without leaning on misogynistic lyrics. As for my favorite songs, not particularly the ballads.
Alterations: Dec 2010, May 2011, August 2011x2, Sept 2011, Oct 2014x2

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Any press is good press. Apparently.. So I'm guessing it goes the same for "exposure"

Rosenblaetter
Loyal Follower

Post by Rosenblaetter »

ComingHome wrote:What impact do you think Myles singing for slash has had on the fan base of AB. Surely the band has gained new listeners from people that do not bash Myles cause he is not Axl. What do you think these guys first impressions of the band was? And what songs do you think they would have listened too? I mean if you type in Alter Bridge on youtube for me it comes up as Rise Today or Isolation but i can think of many other songs i would point in the direction of new listeners like Blackbird or One by One. What would your song be that you would reccomend?
I though about this as well - a know a person who took on AB after hearing Slash's last album and who - after checking YT videos you've mentioned above - decided it's not something she would really enjoy.
I got irritated and guided her to Amsterdam live versions of 'Blackbird', 'In Loving Memory' and 'Open Your Eyes' and she was VERY surprised.
FYI I'm a woman.
--------------------
Past shows: Alter Bridge 10.11 NL, Kensington 11.11 NL, Alter Bridge 16.11 PL
Future shows: Kensington 15.02 DE, Kensington 17.02 PL, Rival Sons 18.02 PL