Walk The Sky 2.0

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
nagpo
On The Rail

Re: Walk The Sky 2.0

Post by nagpo »

looks like last rites might be another one of myle's dumb political songs. Well, we had a good run with the last record.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, as artists and people living in this current environment, they should have the option to explore talking about life in this pandemic and its variables and if this is the way to go. Oh well. Deal with it.

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

Can hear a snippet of the song on their new Walk the Sky 2.0 trailer on IG or FB. Sounds pretty cool!

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

nagpo wrote:looks like last rites might be another one of myle's dumb political songs. Well, we had a good run with the last record.
Get over it.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

joshuabeau wrote:
nagpo wrote:looks like last rites might be another one of myle's dumb political songs. Well, we had a good run with the last record.
Get over it.
Already have. Not going to buy it. Just like I was about to drop the band after TLH until walk the sky came out and it had no political crap. if they want to lose listeners for being political that's up to them

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

It may not have been "in your face" political...but there was absolutely some political stuff in Walk the Sky.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Imo Alter Bridge only seem to be “political” about topics that shouldn’t really be political. Like why is climate change a Democrat versus Republican thing?

I also tend to prefer keeping politics out of music. Like a few years ago I saw Bring Me The Horizon at a festival and the singer wanted everyone to give the finger to Trump during a song intro. That’s pretty stupid to do at a concert as part of your show imo.

But...a song like Writing on the Wall shouldn’t be political. You learn about the greenhouse effect in middle school earth science class lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

There doesn't seem a great deal to be triggered by in the lyrics posted on that site. Kinda general "shit's bad, huh" stuff, non-specific allusion to protest.

But the main deal - Alice in Chains style vocals? Yes please!
For all of the hope that it brings...

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

How is Writing on the Wall a 'Democrat vs. Republicans' thing? He doesn't name any party or person. It's only political because you guys make it partisan, otherwise it's just a song about an something Myles feels deeply about. Toughen up dudes and dudettes. If Myles has feelings he needs to get out about any subject I'm cool with it. It's better than 1000 songs about love or weak aphorisms.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Isn't that song about climate change?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Mr. Slash wrote:Isn't that song about climate change?
Yep, but people just feel like they have to make that topic political just because...............................................................................

I had to add a lot of periods for emphasis.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

The band going broke? Re releasing, their just latest album, with one new song and some live tracks...? That’s exactly what we wanted! Said nobody.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

austin. wrote:The band going broke? Re releasing, their just latest album, with one new song and some live tracks...? That’s exactly what we wanted! Said nobody.
At least, it's something. Sure, I personally would have loved an EP full of either freshly made songs or covers, but let's just be grateful they are giving us something, when it's better than nothing. Heck, the last five years, they have given us a release in some form. That's a great record. Compared that to 2015 when nothing was going on in AB. No releases, no shows, not much murmurs to get excited about.

2016 - The Last Hero
2017 - Live at the O2 Arena CD and rarities
2018 - Live at the Royal Albert Hall DVD
2019 - Walk the Sky
2020 - Walk the Sky 2.0

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Climate Change is only a political issue because Democrats (well, progressives, but generally Democrats) tend to want to enact legislation that will address the climate crisis, while Republicans tend to deny that the climate crisis exists, and want to do away with regulations dealing with climate because they want their fossil fuel companies to make money, I guess? That's not even a political statement, just a statement of fact on how the two parties legislate on things related to the crisis. Medicare For All / Universal Healthcare would be a "political issue" in the same way, just because the two parties tend to work so oppositely on making it happen. Addressing climate change and enacting Universal Healthcare are two things that shouldn't even be partisan issues, they should just be things we all work together to make happen, but one party wants to do it and one doesn't so it never gets done.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

The political part is definitely “how do we handle this from an economic standpoint?” It just kinda baffles me how in the US, the political part of it also comes down to “is this even real?” That just kinda blows my mind lol.

Growing up in an area that relies heavily on the coal industry for a successful local economy, I definitely understand the different opinions on how to handle the situation from an economic standpoint. It’s not easy to sacrifice your livelihood when in reality you can’t just simply “become a coder” after working in the coal industry for 20 years.

But climate change existing/not existing at all being a political debate blows my mind lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

It seems like almost every subject is politicised to a ludicrous degree in the US now. How could Myles ever sing about anything of any substance without being accused of 'being political'? I mean, otherwise you'll just end up with an album full of variations of All Ends Well.

I remember when AB3 came out, this forum was filled with people saying it was too dark and Myles should keep his atheistic thoughts out of AB. Geez guys, learn to deal with other people's viewpoints.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Rumour has it the original title of Take the Crown was "Pack the Court".
For all of the hope that it brings...

mirko.volpon
Bought The CDs

Post by mirko.volpon »

Tomorrow last rites

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Once again, I presume this is region blocked. Although, if it actually gets released tomorrow, will it show up on Spotify at 9 PM PST today?