Reasons why Alter Bridge doesn't play songs live?

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
maximzub
On The Rail

Reasons why Alter Bridge doesn't play songs live?

Post by maximzub »

We all know that there are many songs Alter Bridge doesn't play live. I always like to figure out why bands don't play songs live. Feel free to add ideas to this list.

Fallout -

Breathe Again -

Zero -

Home -

Peace Is Broken - Mark once said that Myles wants to play this song live, but he didn't say whether he wants to as well. Nor did he give any reason why they haven't played it yet.

All Ends Well - Myles plays this song solo a lot. On his livestream last year, before he played this song, he said that he wishes for the whole band to play it live someday. The reason is probably not related to vocals, because Myles sounds just fine singing it live.

Cradle To The Grave - Too emotional for Myles? Is that it? It's really weird when a band releases a song as a single but never plays it live.

Losing Patience - Another song that Myles plays live solo. ?????

Twilight -

Last Of Our Kind -

Indoctrination - I hear that they've rehearsed this song already, so why didn't they play it earlier?

The Bitter End -

Clear Horizon -

Walking On The Sky -

Tear Us Apart -
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Dolo
Burn It Down

Re: Reasons why Alter Bridge doesn't play songs live?

Post by Dolo »

Too much hassle. It's easier for a band to have a consistent setlist every night. I would love to hear some deep cuts, but I don't believe you'll every hear those with AB.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

Bonus tracks generally don't get played live. Peace is Broken Mark doesn't really want to play because of the main riff, something with being it to keep it perfect live. Anything if the new you can't really bring up here because they basically missed a whole year if touring. Normally with a new album they ease the songs in so that the crowds know them and there isn't a dead period during the show. Also making sure they've had time to rehearse them. Remember they touring started before the album released and they only really got one leg in the UK and a small run in the US after release with more planned. When AB3 was coming out I know some of the guys didn't want to include it on the album because they thought it sounded too much like before tomorrow comes so that could be why that isn't played as well as it probably strains Myles voice. Also I don't know if Cradle really counts as single. I know they did the video thing for it but I don't think it was released to radio or anything like that. The other ones could be simply because they didn't think they would go over well live, that's the reason Show me a Sign doesn't get played.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Dolo wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:17 pm Too much hassle. It's easier for a band to have a consistent setlist every night. I would love to hear some deep cuts, but I don't believe you'll every hear those with AB.
Maybe I'm biased. I have a talent for knowing how to play many songs off the top of my head (and by many, I mean hundreds), so if I was in a band, at least I would be able to not keep a consistent setlist and still deliver well.
Jhenrid wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:39 pm Peace is Broken Mark doesn't really want to play because of the main riff, something with being it to keep it perfect live.
Lol that is so inconsistent with his playing nowadays
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

maximzub wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:26 pm
Maybe I'm biased. I have a talent for knowing how to play many songs off the top of my head (and by many, I mean hundreds), so if I was in a band, at least I would be able to not keep a consistent setlist and still deliver well.
It's not about knowing songs. I'm sure they could figure their parts out at home but when they start rehearsing, they wanna focus on having a batch of songs which the whole band is extremely tight in. Also, they are mostly on a tight schedule, no time to relearn b-sides from 2004 or something.

I don't know if it applies for AB, but sometimes songs have certain production going on that cannot be recreated live with a four-piece. That's why Beatles stopped touring as far as I remember.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Dolo wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:08 am
maximzub wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:26 pm
It's not about knowing songs. I'm sure they could figure their parts out at home but when they start rehearsing, they wanna focus on having a batch of songs which the whole band is extremely tight in. Also, they are mostly on a tight schedule, no time to relearn b-sides from 2004 or something.

I don't know if it applies for AB, but sometimes songs have certain production going on that cannot be recreated live with a four-piece. That's why Beatles stopped touring as far as I remember.
My experience in bands as well is that you can all know the number fairly well but it will take quite a bit of workshopping and rehearsal to really get the feel and flow down properly. Not forgetting that they probably have to work out which layers of the song get played and which get discarded. Then Myles will have to get his workflow in place to make sure he can play it and sing it at the same time.

It frustrated me that their sets don't change very often but, with the absurdly limited rehearsal time they seem to get with their busy schedules, I can understand it.

AngusWolfe
Bought The CDs

Post by AngusWolfe »

I think sometimes there are songs you just don't enjoy playing live. There are some tracks with my band that just aren't fun to play even though they sound great in the studio and we're proud of them. Fitting things in a setlist without oversaturating ballads or bringing the mood too low can be a bit of a challenge for AB as well, I imagine.

rscotta831
TABN.com Citizen

Post by rscotta831 »

Several years ago, I heard Gene Simmons say when he goes to see Zepplin play, they better play their staples...that’s why I go to see them.

AB has SO many staples now, they can’t even fit all of them in and include 4 new songs.

They for the first tour ever on Walk The Sky, dropped Watch Over You. I’m sure they’ll pick it back up and replace another staple, but that shows how many staples they have in their arsenal.

Unless a deep track gets played on its album tour, chances are we’ll never hear it played live.