Hypothetical AB VII - The Ides Of Marching In Time

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
maximzub
On The Rail

Hypothetical AB VII - The Ides Of Marching In Time

Post by maximzub »

So, right now, we've been waiting on Alter Bridge to release new music for almost two years.

We know that this is their off-year and that Myles and Mark have been doing their own thing. But, to satisfy some of us Alter Bridge fans, what if we combined select songs from The Ides Of March and Marching In Time into one album that would sound quite like a seventh Alter Bridge album?

Anybody wanna try? I can't speak for anything from The Ides Of March because I haven't heard any of the songs, but I believe that Marching In Time (the song) and Thrown Further would fit well on this list.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
I'm in love with somebody...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

davidstvz
TABN.com Citizen

Re: Hypothetical AB VII - The Ides Of Marching In Time

Post by davidstvz »

To do it right you actually have to mix the songs together. Slow some down, speed some up, pitch shift into the same key:

Like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHPj5YokEOY

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

If anything from the new AB album sounds like The Ides of March, I'll boycott.

That's hyperbole, but outside of the title track, Worried Mind, and Love Rain Down, it's a very mediocre album. Only The Ides of March even sounds like something AB would do (that's a fantastic song by the way).

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

MuffinMcFluffin wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:43 pm If anything from the new AB album sounds like The Ides of March, I'll boycott.

That's hyperbole, but outside of the title track, Worried Mind, and Love Rain Down, it's a very mediocre album. Only The Ides of March even sounds like something AB would do (that's a fantastic song by the way).
I hear ya, but I think MK's solo stuff is such an outlet for that side of him that his solo MK and Alter Bridge aren't even comparable, and so we'll never really hear of Ides in AB. It's almost the opposite with Mark as I feel like much of Walking In Time could have been amazing Alter Bridge songs with Myles singing them and making them AB songs instead.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

DCooper727
TABN.com Citizen

Post by DCooper727 »

gbruin wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:30 am
MuffinMcFluffin wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:43 pm If anything from the new AB album sounds like The Ides of March, I'll boycott.

I hear ya, but I think MK's solo stuff is such an outlet for that side of him that his solo MK and Alter Bridge aren't even comparable, and so we'll never really hear of Ides in AB. It's almost the opposite with Mark as I feel like much of Walking In Time could have been amazing Alter Bridge songs with Myles singing them and making them AB songs instead.
People say this all the time about Mark's songs, which I feel isn't fair to Mark, but I can't say I'd prefer this era of Myles' more nasally vocals sitting on top of Mark's solo writing. Myles is getting old and I feel that Mark can currently pull off more "hell yeah" vocal moments in these tracks, tbh.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

gbruin wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:30 amIt's almost the opposite with Mark as I feel like much of Walking In Time could have been amazing Alter Bridge songs with Myles singing them and making them AB songs instead.
And I feel like March The Sky could have been amazing Tremonti songs with Mark singing them and making them Tremonti songs instead :P :lol

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

DCooper727 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:55 pm

People say this all the time about Mark's songs, which I feel isn't fair to Mark, but I can't say I'd prefer this era of Myles' more nasally vocals sitting on top of Mark's solo writing. Myles is getting old and I feel that Mark can currently pull off more "hell yeah" vocal moments in these tracks, tbh.
That's fair. I should amend my comment to ODR era Myles Kennedy. And AB clearly changed direction after Fortress to try for a more "prog" sound, and that's part of what makes Mark's songs stand out from current AB so much. I wish AB had gone more down the road of what Tremonti has become.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

ThravRande
Burn It Down

Post by ThravRande »

gbruin wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:02 pm
DCooper727 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:55 pm

That's fair. I should amend my comment to ODR era Myles Kennedy. And AB clearly changed direction after Fortress to try for a more "prog" sound, and that's part of what makes Mark's songs stand out from current AB so much. I wish AB had gone more down the road of what Tremonti has become.
I feel this. The first 3 AB albums really hit different than anything in the last decade. I still love most everything any of the guys put out, but ODR, BB, and ABIII were just so different from anything else I'd ever heard back then, and I feel like everything since has kinda lost that magic.

Getting old sucks :lol
Myles Kennedy wrote:I think you're as sharp as.... whatever's sharp.