Unpopular Opinions - Alter Bridge Edition

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Crumbso
On The Rail

Re: Unpopular Opinions - Alter Bridge Edition

Post by Crumbso »

Dan Dando wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:05 am If Myles had a whiff of right wing in him, I highly doubt there’d be many folks on this forum expressing a wish to hear him get political. So I wonder if some just fancy hearing their own beliefs bellowed right back at them :D
I don't know. Mark is somewhat religious, I am not. I enjoy hearing him express himself. I like Rush (Niel Peart had a somewhat libertarian bent to him). I enjoy Ted Nugent, Megadeth, Elvis, Lynard Skynard etc. I would probably draw the line at outright fascism or communism etc but genuine expression is better than pandering.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Crumbso wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:35 pm
Dan Dando wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:05 am If Myles had a whiff of right wing in him, I highly doubt there’d be many folks on this forum expressing a wish to hear him get political. So I wonder if some just fancy hearing their own beliefs bellowed right back at them :D
I don't know. Mark is somewhat religious, I am not. I enjoy hearing him express himself. I like Rush (Niel Peart had a somewhat libertarian bent to him). I enjoy Ted Nugent, Megadeth, Elvis, Lynard Skynard etc. I would probably draw the line at outright fascism or communism etc but genuine expression is better than pandering.
Good on you :cheers

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Crumbso wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:35 pm Mark is somewhat religious,
Is he? I don't think so. At least he isn't remotely as fake Christian as Scott Stapp.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Mr. Slash wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:22 pm
Crumbso wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:35 pm Mark is somewhat religious,
Is he? I don't think so. At least he isn't remotely as fake Christian as Scott Stapp.
Maybe spiritual is a better word. It's basically what WDTTW is about. The belief in some guiding force compared to someone who thinks there is nothing.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Timotheus wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:51 am
cheesedip1 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:17 am I agree with Dan Dando. ODY album just has better songs overall compared to BB. So basically the opposite viewpoint that Timo has.
I never compared ODR to Blackbird, but okay.
-------Maybe not, but you said BB had only like 2 filler songs. Also, on this board you just always seemed to hold BB in high regard. That's totally cool. But I just never held it in high regard the way that you and some other people on this board here have.

I think the best 2 AB albums are ODY and Fortress.

--------Id like to chime in here with some of my thoughts even if they are off topic. I think Alter bridge should try writing a couple songs about love or romance or whatever. It doesnt have to be some cheezy thing, but I think it would feel fresh (In the Deep). Just seems like AB always does the same old thing lyrically. Also, religion i dont think is all bad. I dont agree with all of it but I think there is some good. The thing I really dont like is people who are bandwagoners. I know a lady who says shes religious but like all she does iis believe in God and thats basically it. It just feels very dishonest and I dont respect it.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

cheesedip1 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:04 am I think the best 2 AB albums are ODY and Fortress.
ODR, you mean?
cheesedip1 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:04 am --------Id like to chime in here with some of my thoughts even if they are off topic. I think Alter bridge should try writing a couple songs about love or romance or whatever. It doesnt have to be some cheezy thing, but I think it would feel fresh (In the Deep). Just seems like AB always does the same old thing lyrically. Also, religion i dont think is all bad. I dont agree with all of it but I think there is some good. The thing I really dont like is people who are bandwagoners. I know a lady who says shes religious but like all she does iis believe in God and thats basically it. It just feels very dishonest and I dont respect it.
I almost dated a girl like that. And yes, Alter Bridge should write a song about love or romance. I'll take it even if it's cheesy.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

The Unpopular Opinions thread is certainly living up to its name.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

About the love or romance thing… Myles gave us Reigns Over Me, so I think I’m set for life here.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

gbruin wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:13 pm The Unpopular Opinions thread is certainly living up to its name.
Thank me later.
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

I still would, I'd just probably move away from listening to him. When Aaron Lewis outed himself as a hardcore right-winger, I stopped listening to Staind (I already wasn't listening to his solo country stuff because, ew). All artists should have the freedom to express themselves as they see fit, and we as fans have the freedom to give them our attention or not.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

-This Side of Fate
-The Last Hero

These songs are hard to relate to because the lyrics are pretty abstract.

Also, both have chorus lyrics that suck.

That’s despite the fact that both are good songs musically. Like neither of these songs has the best lyrics with both having sucky chorus lyrics.

——Aaron is right wing, but that doesn’t necessarily make him a bigot or anything.

Ronn Drummer
Brand New Start

Post by Ronn Drummer »

- They should do only instrumental songs, at least one per album.
- They should release instrumental of every one of their songs to the date or at least from the greatest hits.
- After Fortress, their albums were getting worse, being Walk The Sky the weakest of all AB albums to the date. I hope Pawns & Kings breaks this cycle.
- Never Born to Follow is the best bonus track they release, absolutely a killer banger \m/.
The simple man receiving, defending every crime
Somehow still believing they're alright, so hypnotized...

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Ronn Drummer wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:49 pm - They should do only instrumental songs, at least one per album.
Only one per album or only instrumentals then?
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Ronn Drummer wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:49 pm - They should release instrumental of every one of their songs to the date
That would be a great way to showcase their abilities as musicians.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Calling the guitar solo in Blackbird one of the best of all time I think is waaaay overselling it.

The Myles half of the solo is pretty good but honestly I think AB have better guitar solos than the one(s) in that song.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

my politics have shifted radically during my time as an ab fan (from far right to far left) and i wonder what part (if any) myles' lyrics have played in that

might sound silly but the music i listen to is an enormous part of my life and i believe the unconscious is a powerful thing
Last edited by scarecrow on Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

cheesedip1 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:02 pm——Aaron is right wing, but that doesn’t necessarily make him a bigot or anything.
he absolutely is though lmao

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

- Watch Over You is not their best ballad
- Cradle to the Grave and This Side of Fate are very overrated
- Tear Us Apart is the worst song in their catalogue
- The Damage Done is a better B-side than New Way to Live
- ABIII is a more consistent album than Blackbird
- While they have had plenty of “good” to “great” riffs since, their last “iconic” riff was Addicted to Pain
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

scarecrow wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:48 pm
cheesedip1 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:02 pm——Aaron is right wing, but that doesn’t necessarily make him a bigot or anything.
What do you mean? He do something bigoted or something?

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

cheesedip1 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:23 pm
scarecrow wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:48 pm
What do you mean? He do something bigoted or something?
iirc he's said some shitty things about mexican migrants