Pawns & Kings (Alter Bridge - VII)

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Alter Bridge - VII

Post by MaraCarr »

scarecrow wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:05 am it's possible to think mark's vocals are impossible low in the mix on 'forever falling' while still thinking the song is amazing

i swear, you can feel both things y'all :P

there definitely are changes i'd make sonically to most of their records but it's ab's art and they can and should do it their way - they don't owe the fans anything more than giving every album and every show their best shot
I agree!I am so excited for AB7!I love Mark..so much! just as an insane fan! :)(insane fan only) :hug Just Sayin'

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

New band photo! For once, everyone is looking at the same direction!

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

anguyen92 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:23 am New band photo! For once, everyone is looking at the same direction!

But Mark is looking to the ceiling :lol

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

TTournier wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:30 pmAnyway, you'll shit when you see what's coming. Its pretty cool, AB is angry again.
Can't wait to shit my pants!
DarkKnight12 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:46 pm Also guys Holy Shit the AB website has been updated. The Pawns & Kings tour, will that be the name of the record? :eek
That line up is insane btw! Also I see a Switzerland date ! :headbang
Pawns & Kings would be a pretty cool title! It's going to give me a headache to see everybody abbreviate that differently though... P&K, PAK, PaK, P+K, PK, ...

Kidding aside (it should obviously be P&K :shifty), if that's really the title, that gives some insight in the content of the album lyrically.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Pawns & Kings would be a great album title imo. Even though the name implies that the lyrics would be quite... political?

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

So they are goiing to play the Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam. That’s a 17000 venue. Definitely now entering the league of the big bands. Happy I new them before filling small halls and growing up slowly. But definitely excited fir this tour. Great line-up with Halestorm and Mammoth WVH. Confirmation that Mark and Garreth are OK !?

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Maybe a little Sinatra tune in between bands ?

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

riemslag1 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:54 am So they are goiing to play the Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam. That’s a 17000 venue. Definitely now entering the league of the big bands. Happy I new them before filling small halls and growing up slowly. But definitely excited fir this tour. Great line-up with Halestorm and Mammoth WVH. Confirmation that Mark and Garreth are OK !?
What happened between Mark and Gareth?

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

DarkKnight12 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:03 am
riemslag1 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:54 am So they are goiing to play the Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam. That’s a 17000 venue. Definitely now entering the league of the big bands. Happy I new them before filling small halls and growing up slowly. But definitely excited fir this tour. Great line-up with Halestorm and Mammoth WVH. Confirmation that Mark and Garreth are OK !?
What happened between Mark and Gareth?
Good question. I remember Garrett reacting quite salty after he was asked why he is not part of Tremonti anymore. He answered something like "I am at a much better place now." alluding to his new job as drummer for WVH.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

We never got the full details about his leaving. Think they agreed not to comment on that.
That’s OK.
The word is that it was a money-based decision beceause it was hard for him to make a decent living in Tremonti.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Love that drummer !

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Mr. Slash wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:53 am Pawns & Kings would be a great album title imo. Even though the name implies that the lyrics would be quite... political?
Or - chess concept album.

Is this how we found out the Walk the Sky title as well? Rings a bell.
For all of the hope that it brings...

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Exciting times ahead.
Next will be the album presale.

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

Ubik wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:25 am
Mr. Slash wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:53 am Pawns & Kings would be a great album title imo. Even though the name implies that the lyrics would be quite... political?
Or - chess concept album.

Is this how we found out the Walk the Sky title as well? Rings a bell.
All we know for now is that there's a line about courage, as per Brian's story during Pre-production

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

DarkKnight12 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:46 pm Also guys Holy Shit the AB website has been updated. The Pawns & Kings tour, will that be the name of the record? :eek
I’m 100% sure that’s name of the new album.

nagpo
Birth of Alter Bridge

Post by nagpo »

another TLH? I hope not

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Blackbirddd wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:33 am
I’m 100% sure that’s name of the new album.
Has to be. Aren't AB's tours always named after the albums?

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Timotheus wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:25 am
TTournier wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:30 pmAnyway, you'll shit when you see what's coming. Its pretty cool, AB is angry again.
Pawns & Kings would be a pretty cool title! It's going to give me a headache to see everybody abbreviate that differently though... P&K, PAK, PaK, P+K, PK, ...

Kidding aside (it should obviously be P&K :shifty), if that's really the title, that gives some insight in the content of the album lyrically.
I can't help but keep reading it as Prawns & Kings :facepalm :lol

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

King prawns :cloud9
For all of the hope that it brings...

Red_D
Brand New Start

Post by Red_D »

Crumbso wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:53 am
Timotheus wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:25 am

I can't help but keep reading it as Prawns & Kings :facepalm :lol
Glad i’m not the only one, when i first saw the tour poster i thought it was Prawns & Kings as well :facepalm

So anyone for Cod of Achilles, The Last Herring or Words Darker Than Their Fins?

Sorry i’ll see myself out 😂