Pawns & Kings (Alter Bridge - VII)

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Pawns & Kings (Alter Bridge - VII)

Post by riemslag1 »

So any other release-versions known already compared to Marshall’s summary on page 41 of this thread ?

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

ABs instagram posted a lyric teaser for Silver Tongue in a 3 part post with some images and lyrics in each post about 45 mins ago.

Tooth of a crime
You can't outrun
Under the spell of my silver tongue
I am the reason for what you've done
You're over the line
Under the gun.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:40 pm ABs instagram posted a lyric teaser for Silver Tongue in a 3 part post with some images and lyrics in each post about 45 mins ago.

Tooth of a crime
You can't outrun
You're over the line
Under the gun.
I know it’s only a snippet but those lyrics give me Slash/Conspirators vibes. Same with the song title actually.

axlar
Site Admin

Re: Next song up

Post by axlar »

gbruin wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:07 pm
Ubik wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:53 am If true it matches what Tremonti did on ADM, longer one as the first "release" with a true radio single put out not long after.
It sort of makes sense since P&K, for a few reasons, has basically zero chance at getting any airplay. So there's no need to wait to let the first single go through its cycle before releasing another.
a few weeks ago when on tour for Tremonti, Mark told me P&K would be the first song the public would get to hear, but it won’t be a single, due to its length.
I guess they’re not trying to get AirPlay in the USA with it and hopefully the rumour is true and a single will be upon us that, for the USA market, will be pushed for airplay, as airplay is a big deal over there
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

Dan Dando wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:44 pm
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:40 pm ABs instagram posted a lyric teaser for Silver Tongue in a 3 part post with some images and lyrics in each post about 45 mins ago.

Tooth of a crime
You can't outrun
You're over the line
Under the gun.
I know it’s only a snippet but those lyrics give me Slash/Conspirators vibes. Same with the song title actually.
thank God AB does not sound anything like Slash… :dance
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

With the promo of silver tongue on AB social channels, it seems silver tongue is indeed the next (or first true) single, coming out on August 2nd seemingly. That’s only 2 weeks after P&K.

I really hope that after Silver tongue we don’t get another single before mid September, and then nothing else until October 14! I say this because I know I will be incapable of holding out on listening singles

Trenthetfield
Brand New Start

Post by Trenthetfield »

I hope it's the last, dilutes the album release day vibe if you've got 30%/40% already. I find it also affects what I listen to after the albums released, as if I've played them death before the album comes out they may get skipped more often.

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

Trenthetfield wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:09 am I hope it's the last, dilutes the album release day vibe if you've got 30%/40% already. I find it also affects what I listen to after the albums released, as if I've played them death before the album comes out they may get skipped more often.
Honestly unrealistic that it will be the last. I think we get silver tongue, then one in September, then one a week before release of the album. If they follow their usual promo that’s how it would most likely be.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CgmXCIyuel ... MyMTA2M2Y=

Just posted on Myles Instagram. Little snippet of Silver Tongue. Riff sounds mean af.

scalthom
Brand New Start

Post by scalthom »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:50 pm genius.com has Silver Tongue listed for release on August 2nd. They also did the same thing for Marching In Time's August 3rd release last year way before it was announced publicly and it was accurate.
Link?
I checked the site. Nothing.

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

Yeah that riff got my head banging off the start. Can’t wait for Monday! :headbang

pokefan_4
White Knuckled

Post by pokefan_4 »

Can't wait to hear the complaints about the production based on that 30 second clip haha

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

scalthom wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:30 am
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:50 pm genius.com has Silver Tongue listed for release on August 2nd. They also did the same thing for Marching In Time's August 3rd release last year way before it was announced publicly and it was accurate.
Link?
I checked the site. Nothing.
Does Myles Kennedy count?
For all of the hope that it brings...

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

pokefan_4 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:04 am Can't wait to hear the complaints about the production based on that 30 second clip haha
Just hoping the production of this record is like MIT. Elvis did great with that record so hopefully they’ve found a good sweet spot. Pawns & Kings sounded like it was headed in a good direction production wise.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

pokefan_4 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:04 am Can't wait to hear the complaints about the production based on that 30 second clip haha
Lol, sad thing is you're 100% right.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

They’ll probably release This Is War as the third song since it has single artwork printed on one of the pieces of band merch on their web store. That’ll probably be released in early to mid September.

And if history repeats itself; I’d expect a 4th track released in early October around a week or so before the album to build hype close to release.

That’s what I expect them to do but I’ll personally probably just listen to Silver Tongue and then pass on the rest: I skipped some of the later early release tracks for Marching In Time for the same reason; but I also don’t blame the band wanting to use individual songs to build momentum because that’s what works in today’s market.

It’s not as much about conventional radio play anymore as it is about getting added to the featured hard rock playlists on Spotify and Apple Music regularly as well as getting promos on Octane like Silver Tongue is getting.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

Andy92 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:47 am They’ll probably release This Is War as the third song since it has single artwork printed on one of the pieces of band merch on their web store. That’ll probably be released in early to mid September.

And if history repeats itself; I’d expect a 4th track released in early October around a week or so before the album to build hype close to release.

That’s what I expect them to do but I’ll personally probably just listen to Silver Tongue and then pass on the rest: I skipped some of the later early release tracks for Marching In Time for the same reason; but I also don’t blame the band wanting to use individual songs to build momentum because that’s what works in today’s market.

It’s not as much about conventional radio play anymore as it is about getting added to the featured hard rock playlists on Spotify and Apple Music regularly as well as getting promos on Octane like Silver Tongue is getting.
I wish my will was as strong as yours :slam

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

I wish my will was as strong as yours :slam
Amen to that. I fear we'll have actually listened to 40% of the album before its release. A total of 6 songs on release day will not feel like anywhere near enough, and I only have myself to blame for such poor willpower.
Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

We should create a support group thread.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Schulzy
White Knuckled

Post by Schulzy »

I already like Silver Tongue better than P&K based on the teaser: https://twitter.com/alterbridge/status/ ... 3xl6n8-lCg
_^:Tangled in your trance and I'm certain:^_