Pawns & Kings (Alter Bridge - VII)

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Marshall
White Knuckled

Re: Pawns & Kings (Alter Bridge - VII)

Post by Marshall »

Myles & Mark doing a promo run with acoustic session at Planet Radio (https://planetradio.co.uk/planet-rock/n ... et-london/) by the end of this month

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Time for an entire acoustic album ! The one thing missing in their catalogue…………………

Miro
Brand New Start

Post by Miro »

I don't need an acoustic album. Better stick to electric instruments :rockon

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

how about a compromise - an acoustic ep? haha

thatfunkodad
Brand New Start

Post by thatfunkodad »

scarecrow wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:20 pm how about a compromise - an acoustic ep? haha
Personally, I'd love if they did something like this. I'm sure a lot of you will remember when Godsmack did "The Other Side" - an all acoustic EP with some re-recorded tracks, and at least one new one (to my knowledge - not a massive fan of theirs lol).

I'd totally love to hear them do some stripped back arrangements for some songs that we might not expect.

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

I wonder what four songs they'll play acoustically for this press tour. Before WTS it was only ever Rise Today, Watch Over You and Before Tomorrow Comes accompanied by the lead single of whatever album cycle they were on, but they finally mixed it up and played Wouldn't You Rather, Ghosts, In Loving Memory and Broken Wings last time. I remember being over the moon when they finally played Broken Wings acoustically again.

I'm hoping for a similar change-up here, at least one new acoustic arrangement would be fantastic.
Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: i'll sell my kidney for acoustic WDDTW

Post by zazthespaz »

RevenantGB wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:07 am I wonder what four songs they'll play acoustically for this press tour. Before WTS it was only ever Rise Today, Watch Over You and Before Tomorrow Comes accompanied by the lead single of whatever album cycle they were on, but they finally mixed it up and played Wouldn't You Rather, Ghosts, In Loving Memory and Broken Wings last time. I remember being over the moon when they finally played Broken Wings acoustically again.

I'm hoping for a similar change-up here, at least one new acoustic arrangement would be fantastic.
As much as I want to agree with you, I think it's logistically hard to do that from a guitar/tuning standpoint. I think they want to play a handful of songs in 15 minutes and the 4 you picked all have wildly different tunings (idk what WYR is). They could have 2 sets of guitars I guess and someone tuning one set while they play the other, but 3 people & 4 guitars takes up a lot of space plus whatever luggage they bring for the press tour. If they can swing it though, I'm all for it!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

zazthespaz wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:55 pm
RevenantGB wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:07 am I wonder what four songs they'll play acoustically for this press tour. Before WTS it was only ever Rise Today, Watch Over You and Before Tomorrow Comes accompanied by the lead single of whatever album cycle they were on, but they finally mixed it up and played Wouldn't You Rather, Ghosts, In Loving Memory and Broken Wings last time. I remember being over the moon when they finally played Broken Wings acoustically again.

As much as I want to agree with you, I think it's logistically hard to do that from a guitar/tuning standpoint. I think they want to play a handful of songs in 15 minutes and the 4 you picked all have wildly different tunings (idk what WYR is). They could have 2 sets of guitars I guess and someone tuning one set while they play the other, but 3 people & 4 guitars takes up a lot of space plus whatever luggage they bring for the press tour. If they can swing it though, I'm all for it!
Bringing up tuning/guitar logistics is a fair point and one that I hadn't considered (also I used WYR as an abbreviation for Wouldn't You Rather).

Mark used a separate tuning for each of the four songs played on Walk The Sky's press tour, with Myles using 2 tunings: In Loving Memory was in Open Gb, WYR was in Drop C#, Broken Wings was in A#-G#-C#-F#-A-#-D# and Ghosts in Open D5 (with Myles playing in a drop tuning). I believe a total of 5 guitars were used although I can't be certain. In other words whilst this may have been a genuine problem in the past (and that would make sense), they seemingly solved it for WTS's press tour and I can't think of any four-song combination of acoustic arrangements that would require them to need more than 5 guitars in separate tunings.

That said it's entirely possible this current press tour may be different on account of circumstantial logistics, funding etc. Whatever the case I'm just excited to hear new acoustic performances, whether they play new songs or not.
Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

Whitebird
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Whitebird »

I’m literally starving for reviews of the album.

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

Whitebird wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:38 pm I’m literally starving for reviews of the album.
Same. Starving for any info. Ready for the press tour to start so we can get new interviews!

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

RevenantGB wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:08 am
zazthespaz wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:55 pm

Bringing up tuning/guitar logistics is a fair point and one that I hadn't considered (also I used WYR as an abbreviation for Wouldn't You Rather).

Mark used a separate tuning for each of the four songs played on Walk The Sky's press tour, with Myles using 2 tunings: In Loving Memory was in Open Gb, WYR was in Drop C#, Broken Wings was in A#-G#-C#-F#-A-#-D# and Ghosts in Open D5 (with Myles playing in a drop tuning). I believe a total of 5 guitars were used although I can't be certain. In other words whilst this may have been a genuine problem in the past (and that would make sense), they seemingly solved it for WTS's press tour and I can't think of any four-song combination of acoustic arrangements that would require them to need more than 5 guitars in separate tunings.

That said it's entirely possible this current press tour may be different on account of circumstantial logistics, funding etc. Whatever the case I'm just excited to hear new acoustic performances, whether they play new songs or not.
Myles didn't play on In Loving Memory, and Wouldn't You Rather was in Drop C. Also, I would think it's easy enough to tune the low E string from C# to Bb for Broken Wings. I've done it before.

It seems like Myles and Mark are using the same guitars for everything (except Mark on Ghost Of Days Gone By), so unless they are duplicates, they could have just retuned the guitars in between songs.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
I'm in love with somebody...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Marshall
White Knuckled

Post by Marshall »

This is a video from the "citchen concert" @ StarFM Berlin, Germany:

I'm going to be there today :peace

Marshall wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:35 am Image

Myles & Mark doing a promo run with acoustic session at Planet Radio (https://planetradio.co.uk/planet-rock/n ... et-london/) by the end of this month

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Jeez, Mark's bottom E is flapping so bad on Broken Wings
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Marshall
White Knuckled

Post by Marshall »

It was phenomenal! Very intimate setting.

StarFM will post a video of the whole concert very soon.

Setlist:
1. Lover
2. Before Tomorrow Comes
3. Burn It Down
4. Silver Tongue

More on Facebook @ metalingus.de

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

That's a pretty cool setlist for an acoustic setting!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Marshall
White Knuckled

Post by Marshall »

Timotheus wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:47 pm That's a pretty cool setlist for an acoustic setting!
It was. Silver Tongue was surprisingly good acoustically. And Myles was funny as always :P

Whitebird
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Whitebird »

Niceee, I hope the video is uploaded soon and on his full

rising_waters007
Brand New Start

Post by rising_waters007 »

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 4312787313

Here’s some clips on Facebook from Silver Tongue and Before Tomorrow Comes

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

Myles sounds so good.

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Marshall wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:32 pm It was phenomenal! Very intimate setting.

StarFM will post a video of the whole concert very soon.

Setlist:
1. Lover
2. Before Tomorrow Comes
3. Burn It Down
4. Silver Tongue

More on Facebook @ metalingus.de
Did Mark sing Burn it Down? Or did Myles end up taking the lead on it?
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!