Pawns & Kings (Alter Bridge - VII)

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
maximzub
On The Rail

Re: Pawns & Kings (Alter Bridge - VII)

Post by maximzub »

MidnightToker wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:02 pm But have you guys ever listened to Silver Tongue...on weed?
I've never listened to anything on weed.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
I'm in love with somebody...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

RevenantGB wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:42 am Found this comment from the official Alter Bridge YouTube channel under a video regarding Silver Tongue. Thought it was interesting, so sharing it here.

I appreciate that. A bit like Nickelback releasing a more heavy and more poppy song at once to please all sides. Hope ST does well and P&K already made me curious enough about the album haha!

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

MidnightToker wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:02 pm But have you guys ever listened to Silver Tongue...on weed?
As a matter of fact... Yes. :cloud9

pokefan_4
White Knuckled

Post by pokefan_4 »

I'm sure the "catch you off guard" is going to be an instrumental...

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

pokefan_4 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:01 pm I'm sure the "catch you off guard" is going to be an instrumental...
I think it would have been revealed in the marketing announcement of the album if there was an instrumental. You know the text that described all songs on the album

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

both of these songs have grown on me tremendously. i love them.

let's give it up for these guys, they've come a long way and they're still upping their game in certain ways. bravo.

as for the 'catch you off guard' comment, i'm betting it's 'stay' and that it's a big ballad. i think mark taking the album's big ballad would qualify as catching a lot of people off guard. but we'll see! :eek
Last edited by scarecrow on Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

i have !! good stuff :lol

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

although i didn't dig pawns & kings immediately because of the 'last hero' style verses and overall structure, the chorus is the PERFECT juxtaposition (not to mention an earworm) and in the end the song feels like a creative breakthrough for them tbh

gets better for me with every listen

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I’d love a piano/keyboard based ballad like Shinedown’s Call Me.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

I have. Multiple times. :headbang :peace

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

joshuabeau wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:04 pm
small sample size but seems like a rather large club lmao

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

scarecrow wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:46 pm
Most won’t admit that they do it. Lol.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

joshuabeau wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:41 pm
scarecrow wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:46 pm
Most won’t admit that they do it. Lol.
pawns & kings also very good high as a kite :cloud9

prslover
TABN.com Citizen

Post by prslover »

This band is done. Its just a machine now. Just business. The lyrics for P and K are atrocious. Written by a random reddit account with long TDS. Remember TLH? Go woke, go broke, and put out shit. They will play one song off that record live just to save face. This one seems similar.
It is apparent that Myles has achieved the level of wealth (and rightfully earned) where he can join the "cool" crowd. I thought he was smarter. If he wanted to actually put truth in his music then he would write music about the manipulation of humanity by BIG TECH and how humans are suffering and giving their souls to for-profit media. That media who has one goal and that is to get people to CLICK. Its all low hanging fruit that pays the most. Pathetic. Im sure there will be a few good songs on the new record. These first couple singles are trash though. I don't see this band going much further. Creed is due for a record and tour. Thats 2 years at least. then Mark is gonna do his own thing. Brian and Scott will effectively retire after the last big Creed payday. Done.

Whitebird
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Whitebird »

It's okay to have a bad day I suppose

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Whitebird wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:02 am It's okay to have a bad day I suppose
:D
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Jebus. That seems a little hasty to say. You want to tidy that thought up a little bit more? Do you feel better after this post? Do you still want to be here and talk about the band in a way that's conversing with people?

I'll focus on this part though.
I don't see this band going much further.
The fact that this band is still somehow been here in the span of 18 years when other bands from that period have come and gone and is a miracle that should not be taking for granted. I know I don't take it for granted. I think it's important to understand that these guys are people too and they will have thoughts and ideas that gel in various viewpoints and they feel that this is their best way to express it. That's what musicians do, right?

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

prslover wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:03 am This band is done. Its just a machine now. Just business. The lyrics for P and K are atrocious. Written by a random reddit account with long TDS. Remember TLH? Go woke, go broke, and put out shit. They will play one song off that record live just to save face. This one seems similar.
It is apparent that Myles has achieved the level of wealth (and rightfully earned) where he can join the "cool" crowd. I thought he was smarter. If he wanted to actually put truth in his music then he would write music about the manipulation of humanity by BIG TECH and how humans are suffering and giving their souls to for-profit media. That media who has one goal and that is to get people to CLICK. Its all low hanging fruit that pays the most. Pathetic. Im sure there will be a few good songs on the new record. These first couple singles are trash though. I don't see this band going much further. Creed is due for a record and tour. Thats 2 years at least. then Mark is gonna do his own thing. Brian and Scott will effectively retire after the last big Creed payday. Done.
Maybe Myles writes about the things that he has issues with. I'm not sure if you noticed but both Mark and Myles don't really seem to be super techie type of guys. They also don't seem to let tech effect them so they probably don't have as much of an argument about big tech manipulating people. Myles in particular seems more concerned about environmental issues as well as humanities treatment of each other. Also I don't really think Myles has every really thought about being part of the "cool crowd", hell he still lives in his hometown nowhere near big "it" city.

I really hope you're not holding out hope for a Creed record and tour anytime soon, not saying it wouldn't eventually happen but with Mark having the Sinatra project going along with his solo band I don't think he's going to put any type of priority into a project that's burned him twice.

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

pokefan_4 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:01 pm I'm sure the "catch you off guard" is going to be an instrumental...
all songs have vocals
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

prslover wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:03 am This band is done. Its just a machine now. Just business. The lyrics for P and K are atrocious. Written by a random reddit account with long TDS. Remember TLH? Go woke, go broke, and put out shit. They will play one song off that record live just to save face. This one seems similar.
Ah yes, nothing says "this band is done" quite like disagreeing with or not liking the lyrics to some songs. Let's get Scott Stapp on the phone for the Creed reunion, pronto!