Pawns & Kings (Alter Bridge - VII)

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Pawns & Kings (Alter Bridge - VII)

Post by anguyen92 »

Ubik wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:36 pm You also don't have to listen. I know it's tough when everyone else is talking about it, but you can do it. Think I'm gonna make a support group thread when the next one comes out :beer
I feel like that's a comment that people seems to be missing a lot when they complain that four songs keep being released before the album is out.

No one is forcing you to listen to the songs before the album is out, but the option is there you want to and it's up to you to assume the responsibility on how it would affect your personal experiences when listening to the album when it officially comes out.

AB, on the other hand, they have to find ways to maximize marketing the hype before the album is out with the resources they have, in these crazy times, and they feel this is the best route for them with all the data at their disposal that we, the fans, don't have an clear eye on.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Y'all are weak for not trying to listen. Be strong and urge that "perfect-first-album-listen" feeling!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Whitebird
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Whitebird »

Timotheus wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:26 pm Y'all are weak for not trying to listen. Be strong and urge that "perfect-first-album-listen" feeling!
Anxiety will kill me but I’ll do my best.

I can… I know I can………

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

If you don’t wanna listen to 4 songs before the rest of the album there’s a really easy way to do that without expecting the band to change its entire marketing approach lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

I remember when Fortress came out and all we had really heard was ATP. Listening to the album through the stream was magical. I’ll never forget that day.

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

I failed miserably in not listening to Silver Tongue when it was released... And I'll probably fail miserably when it comes to Sin After Sin and This Means War...

But I heard Silver Tongue on my local rock station yesterday at work! Shout-out to 105.3 WTOS in Bangor!

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

A support group thread as Ubik suggested for those of us who will hold off on listening to This Is War and Sin After Sin sounds fun!

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

UninvitedZero wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:37 pm But I heard Silver Tongue on my local rock station yesterday at work! Shout-out to 105.3 WTOS in Bangor!
Wow, can't believe it's getting airplay in Thailand! :rockon

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

MidnightToker wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:00 pm
UninvitedZero wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:37 pm But I heard Silver Tongue on my local rock station yesterday at work! Shout-out to 105.3 WTOS in Bangor!
Wow, can't believe it's getting airplay in Thailand! :rockon
Bangor, Maine... I should have clarified. :D

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Whitebird wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:45 pm
Timotheus wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:26 pm Y'all are weak for not trying to listen. Be strong and urge that "perfect-first-album-listen" feeling!
Fear will kill me all I could be.

FIFY ;)
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Compromise!

Post by gbruin »

I'll listen to the song once just to get the flavor of it and to have some context for all the commentary here, but there are still so many nuances and lyrics and little parts that I miss altogether or don't remember from just one listen that the song will still sound fresh enough when the album comes out. That's worked for me the last couple albums.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Compromise!

Post by WaywardOne »

gbruin wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:16 pm I'll listen to the song once just to get the flavor of it and to have some context for all the commentary here, but there are still so many nuances and lyrics and little parts that I miss altogether or don't remember from just one listen that the song will still sound fresh enough when the album comes out. That's worked for me the last couple albums.
That's exactly my approach! Sip it, don't chug it.

Trenthetfield
Brand New Start

Post by Trenthetfield »

Excuse my ignorance - what's IG structure? IG I presume is Instagram, but no idea what that has to do with music release strategies.

Also, Tim made a comment a couple of months ago about how the pre-album release strategy would be different this time around due to the more album-y nature of Pawns and Kings. I'd presumed that meant fewer songs being released, or was my interpretation incorrect, but presume that was just wishful thinking on my part, as clearly that isn't the case? If so, I wonder what he meant?

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Trenthetfield wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:56 am Also, Tim made a comment a couple of months ago about how the pre-album release strategy would be different this time around due to the more album-y nature of Pawns and Kings. I'd presumed that meant fewer songs being released, or was my interpretation incorrect, but presume that was just wishful thinking on my part, as clearly that isn't the case? If so, I wonder what he meant?
Exactly. I though we were gonna get P&K at some point and then maybe another single around early October but they are going with 4 songs anyway now.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

I suppose they will simply choose the release-path that is expected to generate the most revenue ?

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Trenthetfield wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:56 am Excuse my ignorance - what's IG structure? IG I presume is Instagram, but no idea what that has to do with music release strategies.

Also, Tim made a comment a couple of months ago about how the pre-album release strategy would be different this time around due to the more album-y nature of Pawns and Kings. I'd presumed that meant fewer songs being released, or was my interpretation incorrect, but presume that was just wishful thinking on my part, as clearly that isn't the case? If so, I wonder what he meant?
IG I believe means instant-gratification, so basically like, early releases you don't have to wait for.

I thought it meant the same thing at first, but it seems to have actually meant that they released a longer epic track prior to the actual radio single, which is something Tremonti has done before but not AB.
For all of the hope that it brings...

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

https://youtu.be/aUrhd0t3t5c

New Myles interview!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Interesting that they chose to strip it a bit down on the production on some of the songs. I'm personally not hearing it that much on the new songs, or at least not drastically. The Silver Tongue main section for example still has the required Myles lead and background vocals over the main riff for example.

Overal a good initiative though, hoping it's more noticable on unreleased songs!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Timotheus wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:30 pm Interesting that they chose to strip it a bit down on the production on some of the songs. I'm personally not hearing it that much on the new songs, or at least not drastically. The Silver Tongue main section for example still has the required Myles lead and background vocals over the main riff for example.

Overal a good initiative though, hoping it's more noticable on unreleased songs!
Maybe they just mean “less synth”.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

joshuabeau wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:30 am https://youtu.be/aUrhd0t3t5c

New Myles interview!
wow, it's been so long since i've seen him completely clean-shaven !! :eek