Pawns & Kings (Alter Bridge - VII)

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Dan Dando
On The Rail

Re: Pawns & Kings (Alter Bridge - VII)

Post by Dan Dando »

WaywardOne wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:08 pm Just wait until they perform it live, you'll see. Guarantee you the secondary vocals in the chorus are Mark.
Agreed. I initially thought it was Myles, probably because you can hear Mark much more distinctly later on in the song. But after listening to the song a bit more, it’s definitely Mark.

And more Mark is always good :peace

Whitebird
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Whitebird »

It’s Myles…

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

Welp, looks like we won't get any clarity here :lol

Whitebird
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Whitebird »

We need to ask this in some Q&A because it’s too specific

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Whitebird wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:35 pm We need to ask this in some Q&A because it’s too specific
I'll take that bet until then. I don't hear Mark. Just double-Myles.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Also, after quite a few listens. Sin After Sin is great. It fits the AB style and yet has a bit more atmosphere and space. I love the darkness and the end part riff straight after the final chorus really amps me up. That will be awesome live.

pokefan_4
White Knuckled

Post by pokefan_4 »

Any guitar masters out there figured out the Tabs for Sin After Sin yet? I believe the tuning is Drop C#?

Marshall
White Knuckled

Post by Marshall »

pokefan_4 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:19 pm Any guitar masters out there figured out the Tabs for Sin After Sin yet? I believe the tuning is Drop C#?

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

https://spillmagazine.com/spill-feature ... -tremonti/

An interview with Mark that seems to hint that more songs from the Pawns & Kings sessions will be released in 2023. Is it too early to be excited?
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

maximzub wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:39 am https://spillmagazine.com/spill-feature ... -tremonti/

An interview with Mark that seems to hint that more songs from the Pawns & Kings sessions will be released in 2023. Is it too early to be excited?
Pawns and Kings 2.0, I imagine.

rising_waters007
Brand New Start

Post by rising_waters007 »

maximzub wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:39 am https://spillmagazine.com/spill-feature ... -tremonti/

How cool would it have been if they released a sort of two-part project, sort of like country artist Eric Church did with his latest releases "Heart & Soul". "Heart" was released as one album, and "Soul" was released as another...

Or we get "Pawns & Kings 2.0: Now We're Kings" or something like that

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

I didnt get the impression at all from that interview that we'll be getting anything from AB in 2023. Am I missing something? All that interview says is they wrote 16 songs, recorded 12 and only gave us 10 instead of 16. Which is just upsetting news tbh :lol

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: hope for the best, plan on history repeating itself.

Post by zazthespaz »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:19 pm I didnt get the impression at all from that interview that we'll be getting anything from AB in 2023. Am I missing something? All that interview says is they wrote 16 songs, recorded 12 and only gave us 10 instead of 16. Which is just upsetting news tbh :lol
"With more tracks from the Pawns & Kings sessions in varying stages of completion, fans should also look forward to whatever the band has in store for 2023."
Last line in the article.

I'm siding with Dan Dando - probably a 2.0 again. The "more tracks in varying stages of completion" gives me hope for more than a 2.0 like they've done in the past, but I'm gonna plan on a 2.0 to keep my hopes tempered...
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: hope for the best, plan on history repeating itself.

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

zazthespaz wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:41 pm
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:19 pm I didnt get the impression at all from that interview that we'll be getting anything from AB in 2023. Am I missing something? All that interview says is they wrote 16 songs, recorded 12 and only gave us 10 instead of 16. Which is just upsetting news tbh :lol
"With more tracks from the Pawns & Kings sessions in varying stages of completion, fans should also look forward to whatever the band has in store for 2023."
Last line in the article.

I'm siding with Dan Dando - probably a 2.0 again. The "more tracks in varying stages of completion" gives me hope for more than a 2.0 like they've done in the past, but I'm gonna plan on a 2.0 to keep my hopes tempered...
Yeah I saw that but Im still a pessimist who doesnt see that as meaning that they'll release those songs in the future before the next full length album. Sounds like the interviewer is more hopeful than anything being confirmed :lol :shrug

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Thought I'd give my overall ratings for the songs that have come out so far, seeing as we've been living with them for a few weeks.

Pawns and Kings - 7/10 - Interesting song that is great but needs a kick-arse instrumental section to lift it.
Silver Tongue - 8/10 - A classic AB radio-metal release..... needs a guitar solo but still super catchy.
Sin After Sin - 9/10 - Nailed it, darker than ever but so damn good. Sounds new and yet just like AB all at the same time.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Crumbso wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:40 am Pawns and Kings - 7/10 - Interesting song that is great but needs a kick-arse instrumental section to lift it.
What do you call that middle section then?
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Crumbso wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:40 am Pawns and Kings - 7/10 - Interesting song that is great but needs a kick-arse instrumental section to lift it.
2:52 - 3:22 is your kick-arse instrumental.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Dolo wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:50 am
2:52 - 3:22 is your kick-arse instrumental.
Not enough of it for my taste. It's a cool riff but it's discarded fairly quickly.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

maximzub wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:50 am
What do you call that middle section then?
A pretty good mid-section with a short bit of (admittedly awesome) riffage and then the standard long-vocal bridge. I could have been on more of a journey.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Been married 26 years - I'm used to deprivation

Post by gbruin »

Am I the only one who has NOT listened to Sin After Sin and is still holding out for Oct 14?
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die