Pawns & Kings (Alter Bridge - VII)

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Re: Pawns & Kings (Alter Bridge - VII)

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

Dolo wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:57 am
ToNsOFuN88 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:06 pm Accidently took only one wireless earbud on vacation, and could only really listen on my phone speakers for a couple days. Liked it based on that and the car ride home love it now I've got to digest it a couple times through my earbuds. Idc what anyone says, the production is definitely way better so far on this album. It sounds more back to the myles/ mark guitar parts more front and center for the canvas of the songs. Alot of the things I might agree about production wise on the last 2 albums (such as certain riffs being hard to make out, not being able to hear the cymbals/hi-hats/etc on the drums very clearly, bass parts hard to make out, stuff like that) I don't find too be much of a problem on this album. I can clearly hear each individual instrument just fine.
So you've just assessed the production quality of those songs based on listening to them on wireless earbuds through a phone?
No, I assessed them based on the fact that I've listened to their other albums with the same exact earbuds, on the same exact streaming platform. Comparatively, it sounds better. You don't have to have an audiophile sound setup to tell that you can hear individual instruments better on the 2 new songs then stuff from the last 2 albums.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

ToNsOFuN88 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:36 pm
Dolo wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:57 am
ToNsOFuN88 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:06 pm
No, I assessed them based on the fact that I've listened to their other albums with the same exact earbuds, on the same exact streaming platform. Comparatively, it sounds better. You don't have to have an audiophile sound setup to tell that you can hear individual instruments better on the 2 new songs then stuff from the last 2 albums.
I agree with this.

Whitebird
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Whitebird »

Do you think Myles and Mark will be doing those press 'tours' in Europe? Where they do all those interviews and all, or it's just a 'nah' because of covid?

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Whitebird wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:41 pm Do you think Myles and Mark will be doing those press 'tours' in Europe? Where they do all those interviews and all, or it's just a 'nah' because of covid?
Remotely I'd guess.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Also even if AB's mixing isnt awful, its still some of the worst mixing out there compared to most other rock bands/bands. Wall of sound and loudness wars.

Anyways, I wont bring this up again because its been talked about to death already. Just wanted to make a specific point.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Whitebird wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:41 pm Do you think Myles and Mark will be doing those press 'tours' in Europe? Where they do all those interviews and all, or it's just a 'nah' because of covid?
There aren't any restrictions at all here in the UK. Not sure about other countries.

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

Crumbso wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:39 am
There aren't any restrictions at all here in the UK. Not sure about other countries.
No restrictions at all here in Switzerland as well. And I’m pretty sure that most of Europe is the same

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

All the tickets are sold out for the listening party. Anyone know of any contests giving away seats to the listening party? If so... please post links.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

You should have pulled the trigger right away the day they announced it. I did without hesitation.

Marshall
White Knuckled

Post by Marshall »

HiRes Single Cover Art:

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Is it just me or those hands on the Sliver Tongue cover don't fit at all? They seem very cartoonish and It's like the rest of the graphic is from a completely different place.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

Controversial opinion: I like the P&K single artwork much more than the album artwork.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

WaywardOne wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:07 pm Controversial opinion: I like the P&K single artwork much more than the album artwork.
seconded

luckily we're free to use it in our media library of choice

thatfunkodad
Brand New Start

Post by thatfunkodad »

Finally got approved to be able to login here after keeping tabs on this thread for a few weeks. I really dig both songs for very different reasons. Not sure which one I like more at this point. I think the production sounds great overall from what we've heard so far.

I will agree that I wish Mark did some backing vocals instead of doubling up Myles (despite him sounding fantastic harmonizing with himself). I've always wished they had an extra vocalist for live shows to hit those super high harmonies that are out of Mark's range.

All that said, I can't wait to hear the rest of the record and to see them on tour here in the US.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

thatfunkodad wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:36 pm All that said, I can't wait to hear the rest of the record and to see them on tour here in the US.
I got pretty bummed when they didn’t announced a string of shows in September before the European run this time. Guessing we’ll get some in the spring heading into the April/May festival season to cap them off.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Andy92 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:29 pm
thatfunkodad wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:36 pm All that said, I can't wait to hear the rest of the record and to see them on tour here in the US.
I got pretty bummed when they didn’t announced a string of shows in September before the European run this time. Guessing we’ll get some in the spring heading into the April/May festival season to cap them off.
I would prefer if it does not take a year into the album cycle for them to hit LA like they did in the Fortress tour. The last two album cycles were very kind to us West Coast fans in comparison. I'm not sure what they are going to do now until the Europe tour. I think it may be too late to announce anything and I think all feasible venues may have been booked by other bands because everyone else needs to make up for lost revenue due to the pandemic.

Even a band like Cold got the short end of the stick because of supply chains and stuff.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/ge ... _tour.html

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I don’t expect them to tour quite as rigorously as they used to between stuff like Covid and Mark’s daughter being born. I wouldn’t want to spend too many straight months away from home in one calendar year in that situation.

But looking forward to something this spring as long as it fits around my work schedule.

snowman
Bought The CDs

Post by snowman »

Edited to say I sold my ticket to the Listening Party. Bummed I'm not able to go, but glad I could give it to someone else so it doesn't go to waste.

And while I'm here, I'm absolutely loving the new tracks! Pawns and Kings blew my mind from the very first listen and I keep picking up little details that make it better and better. Silver Tongue took a little while to grow on me, but now I love the song. Although, it definitely could have used a crazy ass solo to really take it to the next level. But, all in all I'm really looking forward to this album!!!
Last edited by snowman on Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Mara seemed interested in a ticket to that a few posts above on this page, so you might check with her if she checks this thread soon.

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

Apparently Holiday almost ended up on Myles’ solo record.
Tim’s reply to someone’s statement about the solo records having better material than the last few AB records.

“So funny thing is this, I have seen this happen. I remember a bunch of songs from Mark that the AB guys didn’t like.. wish you well, unable to see, a dying machine. Peace is broken was a tremonti song at first. Lover and Holiday were almost on the MK solo record.

The guys write all of the time and bring tons of ideas to the table for everyone to go over. Simply put, the songs that end up AB are the ones that the AB guys liked as a band / got inspiration from.”