Pawns & Kings (Alter Bridge - VII)

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Crumbso
On The Rail

Re: Pawns & Kings (Alter Bridge - VII)

Post by Crumbso »

prslover wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:03 am This band is done. Its just a machine now. Just business. The lyrics for P and K are atrocious. Written by a random reddit account with long TDS. Remember TLH? Go woke, go broke, and put out shit. They will play one song off that record live just to save face. This one seems similar.

It is apparent that Myles has achieved the level of wealth (and rightfully earned) where he can join the "cool" crowd. I thought he was smarter. If he wanted to actually put truth in his music then he would write music about the manipulation of humanity by BIG TECH and how humans are suffering and giving their souls to for-profit media. That media who has one goal and that is to get people to CLICK. Its all low hanging fruit that pays the most. Pathetic. Im sure there will be a few good songs on the new record. These first couple singles are trash though. I don't see this band going much further. Creed is due for a record and tour. Thats 2 years at least. then Mark is gonna do his own thing. Brian and Scott will effectively retire after the last big Creed payday. Done.
I can't even :lol Did also you hear that Rage Against the Machine has become 'political' now?

On a counterpoint note. I just saw that the Silver Tongue video now has 385,000 views. That seems extremely good for just 3 days. It also seems to be a song that grows on you. I like it a bit more every time I hear it, which is usually a good sign of staying power.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Also, I just thought of one more thing that would have worked for me with Silver Tongue, if they brought back that fast-picked riff at the end with a full-time/half-time beat switch.

Red_D
Brand New Start

Post by Red_D »

prslover wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:03 am This band is done. Its just a machine now. Just business. The lyrics for P and K are atrocious. Written by a random reddit account with long TDS. Remember TLH? Go woke, go broke, and put out shit. They will play one song off that record live just to save face. This one seems similar.
It is apparent that Myles has achieved the level of wealth (and rightfully earned) where he can join the "cool" crowd. I thought he was smarter. If he wanted to actually put truth in his music then he would write music about the manipulation of humanity by BIG TECH and how humans are suffering and giving their souls to for-profit media. That media who has one goal and that is to get people to CLICK. Its all low hanging fruit that pays the most. Pathetic. Im sure there will be a few good songs on the new record. These first couple singles are trash though. I don't see this band going much further. Creed is due for a record and tour. Thats 2 years at least. then Mark is gonna do his own thing. Brian and Scott will effectively retire after the last big Creed payday. Done.
So let me get this right, you don’t want Myles to write about what he wants, you want him to just write about stuff that YOU think is important?

Not even sure where to begin with this but the sense of entitlement coming from your post is just crazy bad :facepalm

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: And look, no name calling!

Post by zazthespaz »

Whitebird wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:02 am It's okay to have a bad day I suppose
:lol I like you!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Did you know that maybehhh, just maybehhhh Jesus was a rockstahhhhh?

Is that you, Stapp?
Thanks Andy!

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

Micky wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:58 am

Is that you, Stapp?
Ole Stappy has had it. :lol

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Micky wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:58 am

Is that you, Stapp?
Lol Mick :lol

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

They could write a song about people's obsession with social media, and that playing into big tech's agenda. Maybe he'd like that. Until they'd reveal that it was inspired by Trump shit-posting on Twitter in the middle of the night while being president, and suddenly it would be woke TDS bullshit.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Mission Accomplished!

Post by zazthespaz »

Timotheus wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:42 pm They could write a song about people's obsession with social media, and that playing into big tech's agenda.
Myles kind of did that with Slash’s Call of the Wild, didn’t he?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Wasn't Sifting through the Fire had to do with information overload on the internet? This is nothing new for Myles.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I wasn't being for real :shifty
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Wait what's TDS? I'm assuming it's something silly given the unironic use of "woke" but googling is only showing me some kind of insurance policy, which doesn't seem relevant.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Ubik wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:39 pm Wait what's TDS? I'm assuming it's something silly given the unironic use of "woke" but googling is only showing me some kind of insurance policy, which doesn't seem relevant.
Trump Derangement System. It's something Trump fans use when he does something idiotic and people call him out for it.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Aaaaah, much makes sense.
For all of the hope that it brings...

peapod0609
Bought The CDs

Post by peapod0609 »

Wow, lol. Cope harder my dude. Also, TDS doesn't exist, that's just something cultist snowflakes say to make themselves feel better when the truth hurts their little feelers.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Ubik wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:00 pm Aaaaah, much makes sense.
Pretty sure he's singing about the Tenancy Deposit Scheme. Myles is very concerned about landlords not returning initial rental deposits in full. This guy must own rental properties.
Last edited by Crumbso on Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

Crumbso wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:46 pm
Ubik wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:00 pm Aaaaah, much makes sense.
Pretty sure he's taking about the Tenancy Deposit Scheme. Myles is very concerned about landlords using not returning initial rental deposits in full. This guy must own rental properties.
Ahhhhh, now the music video for Silver Tongue makes perfect sense!

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Both songs are really good.
Thanks Andy!

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Me sitting back watching Trump fanboys poop themselves over Silver Tongue like...

Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

So why ruin this thread and board with this political shit.
There are plenty other platforms for that.
Please do not bring that pro/con-Trump polarisation stuff over here.