Pawns & Kings (Alter Bridge - VII)

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: Pawns & Kings (Alter Bridge - VII)

Post by Andy92 »

I can definitely see Lover as a former Myles solo song and Peace Is Broken makes sense as a Mark song with the main riff.

I can’t believe the other AB guys didn’t jump on A Dying Machine though lol. It does tend to suit Mark’s voice better than Myles’ in my head though so that might be why.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

The unreleased Myles album continues to sound god tier from the stuff that almost went on/was repurposed.
For all of the hope that it brings...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

How the heck did Myles, Flip, and Brian didn't want Unable to See in an AB album? That song would have fit and filled a certain void that may have been needed in their last few albums.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

I wonder if other members get to say something as well.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

Based on that video, sounds like Myles wrote the bulk of ST and This is War.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Would love to hear Myles singing A Dying Machine or Unable to See. Maybe those could have worked as AB songs.

I can imagine him singing Doesn’t Matter.

Or Heroes by Shinedown lol.

TTournier
White Knuckled

Post by TTournier »

maximzub wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:25 pm
RevenantGB wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:42 am Found this comment from the official Alter Bridge YouTube channel under a video regarding Silver Tongue. Thought it was interesting, so sharing it here.

Not gonna lie, Alter Bridge is one of the best bands out there in terms of online interaction with fans. I wonder who wrote this comment. Doesn't sound like Tim...probably not Myles as he says he doesn't like to respond to comments...my money is on either Mark or Michael.

I wonder if sometimes the band members visit this board. Or is it just Tim?

Wasn't me... Wasn't Mike. FYI - the band does go on all socials and make posts, all of the time actually. Only one guy ever goes on YouTube though, this one slipped past me! I am impressed he said all that. Members who you dont think are active on socials are the most active. The band members have used this TTournier handle here before, I dont know if they have posted anything but they have logged in with it. They dont want to have to sign up for things/ have their info logged someplace, so they use either my login or the AB official.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Dolo wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:06 pm

I wonder if other members get to say something as well.
It's really interesting to me that:

1) 'Silver Tongue' is apparently all Myles - that main riff is soooooo 'Find The Real' in the best way and it's wild to see Mark have so fully rubbed off on his bandmate (but I guess that's what time does)

2) Myles is still dancing around what his seemingly straightforward political lyrics mean, but I can't say I wouldn't do the same and I can appreciate an artist trying to keep their lyrics as ambiguous as possible

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

cheesedip1 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:10 pm Would love to hear Myles singing A Dying Machine or Unable to See. Maybe those could have worked as AB songs.
I'll see your five and raise you ten. I think they'd have worked better as AB songs.

As much as I love 'Marching In Time' as a record, 'A Dying Machine' never fully worked for me. Including the title track. Although 'Take You With Me' is one of my favorite Mark Tremonti compositions, period.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

TTournier wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:51 pm
maximzub wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:25 pm
RevenantGB wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:42 am Found this comment from the official Alter Bridge YouTube channel under a video regarding Silver Tongue. Thought it was interesting, so sharing it here.

Not gonna lie, Alter Bridge is one of the best bands out there in terms of online interaction with fans. I wonder who wrote this comment. Doesn't sound like Tim...probably not Myles as he says he doesn't like to respond to comments...my money is on either Mark or Michael.

I wonder if sometimes the band members visit this board. Or is it just Tim?

Wasn't me... Wasn't Mike. FYI - the band does go on all socials and make posts, all of the time actually. Only one guy ever goes on YouTube though, this one slipped past me! I am impressed he said all that. Members who you dont think are active on socials are the most active. The band members have used this TTournier handle here before, I dont know if they have posted anything but they have logged in with it. They dont want to have to sign up for things/ have their info logged someplace, so they use either my login or the AB official.
Well this has all sorts of implications for the Don't tag Tim rules. :P

Seriously tho, pretty cool that we're hearing from all the band, even if we don't know specifically which one is talking at which time.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

TTournier wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:51 pm The band members have used this TTournier handle here before, I dont know if they have posted anything but they have logged in with it. They dont want to have to sign up for things/ have their info logged someplace, so they use either my login or the AB official.
In case they ever want to, there are pre-set accounts for them, without any of their infos attached :)
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

Whitebird
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Whitebird »

Funny to see that Silver Tongue was actually a Myles' riff, I thought it was his but many of you thought it was Mark's so I ended up thinking that too.

Mullet151
Brand New Start

Post by Mullet151 »

Whitebird wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:53 am Funny to see that Silver Tongue was actually a Myles' riff, I thought it was his but many of you thought it was Mark's so I ended up thinking that too.
Totally agree, I clicked on that video so fast to get the answers. I really hope we get the song by song discussion from Mark and Myles on the rest their songs. I love hearing who brought what, how it clicked, and how each song can have such a different story. Can't say I'm surprised this one is a Myles track just surprised that both are his so far. This is war sounds like a banger...cant wait!!! :rockon

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Just got an email confirming “Sin After Sin” and “This is War” are the next singles and are “coming soon”
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

AHart96 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:46 pm Just got an email confirming “Sin After Sin” and “This is War” are the next singles and are “coming soon”
Damn, really expected them to maybe only drop one more song, not two. Oh well.

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

From the email -

Hello Friends!

We are excited to release our 6th studio album "Pawns & Kings” on October 14th 2022. It includes the current single 'Silver Tongue' along with 'Sin after Sin' and 'This is War' coming out soon. Be sure to Follow for first access.

You can check out the current singles, shop exclusive merch, VIP experiences and grab concert tickets at the link above right now!

Thank you for the support, we appreciate YOU!

Best,
AB

pokefan_4
White Knuckled

Post by pokefan_4 »

So 4 of 10 songs released before the actual album release.... gross.. But that's the world we live in now

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Sin After Sin was the "progressive influenced" 6+ minuter right?
For all of the hope that it brings...

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I'm all for the album experience, but I'm also all for new Alter Bridge singles. Woop woop!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

Ubik wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:23 pm Sin After Sin was the "progressive influenced" 6+ minuter right?
I’m pretty sure.