Pawns & Kings (Alter Bridge - VII)

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Pawns & Kings (Alter Bridge - VII)

Post by riemslag1 »

And yes, I also got an opinion about it.
Just not nagging about it over here !

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

I hope the song with Mark on lead vocals is an AB song with Mark singing rather than just an Tremonti song.

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

cheesedip1 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:34 pm I hope the song with Mark on lead vocals is an AB song with Mark singing rather than just an Tremonti song.
THANK YOU for bringing this thread back around, cheesedip! Same here! Mark should sing a song written by Myles and vice versa!

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

Accidently took only one wireless earbud on vacation, and could only really listen on my phone speakers for a couple days. Liked it based on that and the car ride home love it now I've got to digest it a couple times through my earbuds. Idc what anyone says, the production is definitely way better so far on this album. It sounds more back to the myles/ mark guitar parts more front and center for the canvas of the songs. Alot of the things I might agree about production wise on the last 2 albums (such as certain riffs being hard to make out, not being able to hear the cymbals/hi-hats/etc on the drums very clearly, bass parts hard to make out, stuff like that) I don't find too be much of a problem on this album. I can clearly hear each individual instrument just fine. My only thing, which I've seen many people state, is the lack of being able to hear any Mark vocals (though I'm sure they are in there at some level).

Having said that I think I found some Mark vocals, though I would appreciate other ears to help me confirm. At 3:58 of Silver Tongue right after Myles initial run of "woahs" I think that is Mark doing the second lower register run of "woahs". The pronunciation on the "woahs" sounds more Mark's style to me.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

ToNsOFuN88 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:06 pm Accidently took only one wireless earbud on vacation
:lol

---I liked the Doesnt Matter song. You dont see many lyrics in songs talk about the theme of forgiveness.

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

Yeah I was a bit salty, I knew the song was going to be debuted while I was gone so I brought them. Only to find I left one in the shorts I wore the night before I left :lol :slam

scalthom
Brand New Start

Post by scalthom »

TenaciousBe wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:37 pm Me sitting back watching Trump fanboys poop themselves over Silver Tongue like...

How’s inflation under Biden working out for you. At least Marshall is conservative! Wonder how he feels about Myles TDS.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

OK, I try again. So why not start a separate political thread to discuss all of your beautifull opinions ?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

People, you all know this kind of conversation is going nowhere. So let's do the rational thing and not egg anyone on about this nonsense if we have some decency (which I would like to think this is one of the few sites I visit that still has that) in this forum. Please?

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

ToNsOFuN88 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:06 pm Accidently took only one wireless earbud on vacation, and could only really listen on my phone speakers for a couple days. Liked it based on that and the car ride home love it now I've got to digest it a couple times through my earbuds. Idc what anyone says, the production is definitely way better so far on this album. It sounds more back to the myles/ mark guitar parts more front and center for the canvas of the songs. Alot of the things I might agree about production wise on the last 2 albums (such as certain riffs being hard to make out, not being able to hear the cymbals/hi-hats/etc on the drums very clearly, bass parts hard to make out, stuff like that) I don't find too be much of a problem on this album. I can clearly hear each individual instrument just fine.
So you've just assessed the production quality of those songs based on listening to them on wireless earbuds through a phone?
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

At the same time, if Myles has written lyrics that have a political nature... not sure we can just avoid talking about them.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

scalthom wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:31 am
TenaciousBe wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:37 pm Me sitting back watching Trump fanboys poop themselves over Silver Tongue like...

How’s inflation under Biden working out for you. At least Marshall is conservative! Wonder how he feels about Myles TDS.
Because the current inflation is a consequence of Biden's politics, right? :D

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

scalthom wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:31 am

Biden has taken some decisions which are not helping, and could take more active decisions to try to slow it down. But for example Trump's NAFTA decisions are also contributing.

Obviously this is a world-wide issue and it's a ridiculous argument, I'm not going to go further into that. But this attitude that the side you're in favor of is perfect and the other side is the cause of all bad, is so toxic. Things would be equally shit under Trump (probably worse based on his track record), aside from the fact that he'd be fanboying over Ukrainian genocide along the way.
Last edited by Timotheus on Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Guys, both songs are really good. Don’t forget that.
Thanks Andy!

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Would you say one trumps the other?
For all of the hope that it brings...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Ubik wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:08 am At the same time, if Myles has written lyrics that have a political nature... not sure we can just avoid talking about them.
I can, but I'm just way too mellow and don't feel the need to hurl insults at people as much. Attack the points, don't attack the people is what I hear.

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

Mods, can we shut this political garbage down please?

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

69 Days until the full album :peace
55 Days until the listening party :D

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

WaywardOne wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:25 am Mods, can we shut this political garbage down please?
Yeah, let's go back to discussing the lyrics of the latest single...
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Politics & Kings

Post by zazthespaz »

WaywardOne wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:25 am Mods, can we shut this political garbage down please?
I don’t think there’s a way to talk about the album without talking about the political motives behind it. I’ll create a new thread dedicated to the politics of the album and the political discussion can continue there. If you want to reply to a political themed post in here, please copy the quote, paste it into the new thread, and reply there. If you reply to a political post here and continue the political discussion, I/other mods may move your post to the other thread, or delete it entirely, so please save us the trouble.

Going forward, please use this thread to continue to discuss anything about the album not pertaining to politics (in a friendly manner).
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says