Pawns & Kings (Alter Bridge - VII)

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Pawns & Kings (Alter Bridge - VII)

Post by scarecrow »

Honestly will try to not listen to anything before the full album comes out. That's my challenge to myself. It'll be cool to experience an AB record that way.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

AB4Lyfe wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:48 pm
Dolo wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:59 pm On the other side of the spectrum you've got Porcupine Tree who announced the album and released the single on November 1, 2021 and the actual release came out last week on June 24th.
Good record?
Dolo wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:15 pm Anybody listened to the whole thing? It's generally a very good record but I feel like 'Dignity' and 'Of a New Day' could have easily been left off and replaced by 'Population Three' and 'Never Have' from the deluxe edition. I don't personally think this is a complete breath of fresh air for PT but 'Harridan' is definitely a step in a good direction, wish there was more of those kinds of songs on the record.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Could be even worse. When Steven Wilson announced his latest solo album and there were three months between the first single and the album, but then the album was postponed due to Covid for 7 months.

Personally, as impatient as I am, the shorter the span between the first single and album release day, the better. Also hopefully, this extra time can be used for better production, etc...
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

scarecrow wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:27 pm Honestly will try to not listen to anything before the full album comes out. That's my challenge to myself. It'll be cool to experience an AB record that way.
I've thought about trying something like that as well!
I'll definitely devour the lead single, but I do not need 4 or 5 songs before the full album!
It kinda spoiled the album experience of Walk The Sky for me... My pre-order CD showed up in the mail and I found myself skipping the singles and not listening to it in it's entirety for quite some time...
I've gotta keep disciplined this cycle.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

UninvitedZero wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:07 am
scarecrow wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:27 pm Honestly will try to not listen to anything before the full album comes out. That's my challenge to myself. It'll be cool to experience an AB record that way.
I'll definitely devour the lead single, but I do not need 4 or 5 songs before the full album!
It kinda spoiled the album experience of Walk The Sky for me... My pre-order CD showed up in the mail and I found myself skipping the singles and not listening to it in it's entirety for quite some time...
I might go even more extreme and avoid reading anything about it or reactions to it!

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

I guess 2 or 3 pre-released singles would be great. If I remember correctly they released like half of WTS as a single before releasing the actual album. That was way too much for me.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

I think I listened to each single on WTS just the one time when each was released in order to get a flavor for the album and as a teaser for what was to come, and then I held off on on listening to any of them again until the album dropped. That kept the album still new and fresh on a first listen for me.

It was pretty painful to do that but I've been married a long time and so I'm used to deprivation.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

gbruin wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:38 am It was pretty painful to do that but I've been married a long time and so I'm used to deprivation.
BURN!

In all honesty, I don't mind bands releasing a bunch of singles before their albums. In fact, I'll take it a step further and say that I wouldn't mind if albums were released song by song. I rarely listen to full albums anymore, so adding each individual song to my playlist little by little wouldn't be so bad to me. When Volbeat was releasing singles from Servant Of The Mind, I added each one to my playlist and listened to them a few times before the album came out (in addition to seeing them play three of the singles live). Then I listened to the rest of the songs when the full album came out and I was like "Cool. More new music for my playlist."
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
I'm in love with somebody...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

maximzub wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:12 am
gbruin wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:38 am It was pretty painful to do that but I've been married a long time and so I'm used to deprivation.
BURN!

In all honesty, I don't mind bands releasing a bunch of singles before their albums. In fact, I'll take it a step further and say that I wouldn't mind if albums were released song by song. I rarely listen to full albums anymore, so adding each individual song to my playlist little by little wouldn't be so bad to me. When Volbeat was releasing singles from Servant Of The Mind, I added each one to my playlist and listened to them a few times before the album came out (in addition to seeing them play three of the singles live). Then I listened to the rest of the songs when the full album came out and I was like "Cool. More new music for my playlist."
You are the voice of youth here. Unlike us old buggers who like to buy a CD, listen through in a single sitting and look at the artwork whilst thinking about "The old days" :lol

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

scarecrow wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:46 pm
UninvitedZero wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:07 am
I might go even more extreme and avoid reading anything about it or reactions to it!
I think I'm going to try this as well. I should probably sign off, lol. Just gotta make sure to know when it releases.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I've got a good feeling about a teaser today!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

Timotheus wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:24 am I've got a good feeling about a teaser today!
I love your optimism, Timo..

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Well, someone's got to :D one day I'll be right!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

From Tim T an hour ago on the Alter Bridge Facebook group..

“Personally I feel AB is angry again. Pointed lyrics, riffs for days..

More news will follow soon, we are going to do things a little differently this time. This album is about the journey, so we will release content with that in mind.”

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

Also, he said “buckle up” when someone said for them to go full on prog.. I’m excited.

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

joshuabeau wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:44 am From Tim T an hour ago on the Alter Bridge Facebook group..

“Personally I feel AB is angry again. Pointed lyrics, riffs for days..

More news will follow soon, we are going to do things a little differently this time. This album is about the journey, so we will release content with that in mind.”
Super intriguing quote...
Soon means Friday, right?!

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Wonder if that last sentence means they won't put a ton of songs out in advance.
For all of the hope that it brings...

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

Ubik wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:22 am Wonder if that last sentence means they won't put a ton of songs out in advance.
That’s what I took from it. I think they heard the complaints of to many songs released off WTS.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

joshuabeau wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:44 am From Tim T an hour ago on the Alter Bridge Facebook group..

“Personally I feel AB is angry again.
Angry… again.

This got me thinking, when were AB angry before?

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Dan Dando wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:04 am

“Personally I feel AB is angry again.
Angry… again.

This got me thinking, when were AB angry before?
AB aren't Aggro-metal.... more Miffed-metal.