Pawns & Kings Europe Tour 2022 with Halestorm and Mammoth WVH

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
maximzub
On The Rail

Re: Pawns & Kings Europe Tour 2022 with Halestorm and Mammoth WVH

Post by maximzub »

Dan Dando wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:36 pm
AB4Lyfe wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:01 pm Honestly… I get the vibe Myles is either hurt, sick, or just enjoys touring with Slash or on his own more. His stage presence this tour, and vocal effort, is just off.
He’s pretty low key when he’s with Slash nowadays. Quite a few people commented on that back when the latest SMKC album was released and they put out the Live at Studios 60 videos.
I'd say his workaholic attitude might be getting to him. He's probably just tired.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I thought Sin After Sin sounded pretty good aside from the lack of passion from Myles. Missed Mark's backings in the outro and don't really get the octave drop in the chorus though.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Timotheus wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:06 pm I thought Sin After Sin sounded pretty good aside from the lack of passion from Myles. Missed Mark's backings in the outro and don't really get the octave drop in the chorus though.
I can only imagine how bored they might look while playing The Other Side.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

AB4Lyfe wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:01 pm Honestly… I get the vibe Myles is either hurt, sick, or just enjoys touring with Slash or on his own more. His stage presence this tour, and vocal effort, is just off.
He’s pretty low key when he’s with Slash nowadays. Quite a few people commented on that back when the latest SMKC album was released and they put out the Live at Studios 60 videos.
I think those videos tend to have a more built-in laid back structure to them. It's easier as an instrumentalist for your energy to shine through while you pay, but for vocalists their energy is usually a reaction to the energy they receive from the audience and crowd interactions. So in those Studio 60 videos I wasn't worried about that given no audience.

Now... I don't know. I would have thought the time away from touring with COVID maybe helped recharge the 'ol battery but perhaps that isn't the case.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

AB4Lyfe wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:15 pm
I think those videos tend to have a more built-in laid back structure to them. It's easier as an instrumentalist for your energy to shine through while you pay, but for vocalists their energy is usually a reaction to the energy they receive from the audience and crowd interactions. So in those Studio 60 videos I wasn't worried about that given no audience.

Now... I don't know. I would have thought the time away from touring with COVID maybe helped recharge the 'ol battery but perhaps that isn't the case.
Give them a chance, I'm sure they'll warm up to it. The only one who is a recent tour veteren right now is Mark. Myles is probably a bit hesitant with the new material and needing to make sure he doesn't stress his voice too much after a long break.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I thought the narrative was always, "Myles is getting overloaded with either being on tour or being in the studio. If he can get some time off for an extensive time, he should be good to go." It's been four months since the last solo show he's done and 2.5 years since the last electric AB show. Like what's the narrative now?

Whitebird
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Whitebird »

anguyen92 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:14 pm I thought the narrative was always, "Myles is getting overloaded with either being on tour or being in the studio. If he can get some time off for an extensive time, he should be good to go." It's been four months since the last solo show he's done and 2.5 years since the last electric AB show. Like what's the narrative now?
I think it's just a natural thing of getting older, don't get me wrong he's not an OLD MAN, but lots of people have less energy or are less hyped on things through the years. It's totally understandable.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Whitebird wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:24 pm
anguyen92 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:14 pm I thought the narrative was always, "Myles is getting overloaded with either being on tour or being in the studio. If he can get some time off for an extensive time, he should be good to go." It's been four months since the last solo show he's done and 2.5 years since the last electric AB show. Like what's the narrative now?
I think it's just a natural thing of getting older, don't get me wrong he's not an OLD MAN, but lots of people have less energy or are less hyped on things through the years. It's totally understandable.
This is what I'm hoping is the case (sadly). Just hope it isn't some kind of resentment towards the idea of touring, or touring with AB. If it's just that Myles is getting older, I can accept that much more easily.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

AB4Lyfe wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:30 pm
This is what I'm hoping is the case (sadly). Just hope it isn't some kind of resentment towards the idea of touring, or touring with AB. If it's just that Myles is getting older, I can accept that much more easily.
This reminds me of the fact that I've seen an interview with Myles recently on YouTube where he stated that during the pandemic he learned to love being at home and having some kind of daily routine. Sadly, I can't find this video anymore.

Edit: ahh here we go

Whitebird
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Whitebird »

I personally love it, I think they did a great job with this song live

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

Mr. Slash wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:09 pm
AB4Lyfe wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:30 pm
This reminds me of the fact that I've seen an interview with Myles recently on YouTube where he stated that during the pandemic he learned to love being at home and having some kind of daily routine. Sadly, I can't find this video anymore.

Edit: ahh here we go
I think the interview you're talking about is the drinks with Johnny but I could be wrong

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Pawns & Kings sounded really good! :bow
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Where’s the passion? Myles seems so not into it. Strange vibe here. Hope he shows up in the states next year…

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

austin. wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:32 pm Where’s the passion? Myles seems so not into it. Strange vibe here. Hope he shows up in the states next year…
I was just reading into this and found out something surprising that I didn't know. This is quoted from my post in another thread.
maximzub wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:09 pm I just found out he has Crohn's disease. In an old interview from 2013, he said he hadn't had any problems with it. Maybe it's acting up now?
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Damn, man. This is good vocals and a bit more energy. Things on the up.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I know people aren't really fans of this song around here, but I'm convinced that :
A. Holiday would have a great reaction from the crowd, especially during the chorus.
B. It could become their biggest single on the radio.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

chtimixeur wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:24 pm I know people aren't really fans of this song around here, but I'm convinced that :
A. Holiday would have a great reaction from the crowd, especially during the chorus.
I can see them rotating that into the lineup over the next few shows. Definitely not my favorite AB song but I can vibe with the lyrics - I really needed a fucking Holiday until about last week two weeks ago :lol

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

chtimixeur wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:24 pm I know people aren't really fans of this song around here, but I'm convinced that :
It probably would have a great crowd reaction, but I doubt it would be their biggest single on the radio.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

I saw AB many times in the 2000s, the last in 2007, and then not again until 2019. Right away I was shocked at how laid back Myles' stage presence had become. Initially was disappointed but then came to realize it's probably a combination of age and just conserving energy. Keep in mind how busy this person has been the last 15 years. I haven't watched the videos because I'd prefer to wait for the real thing next year, but give him a break. He's not in his 30s anymore. And, as far as I know, very much into a meditative, sober lifestyle. He's definitely not Dave Grohl, haha. (Dave is well known for doing shots to get hyped up before shows.)

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

maximzub wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:17 pm
It probably would have a great crowd reaction, but I doubt it would be their biggest single on the radio.
It's not my favourite song off the album, but even I have to admit that chorus is incredibly catchy. I can even picture young kids singing it after hearing it just once.
I hope the label realizes the potential of that single and pushes it big time whenever they release if on the radio (if they ever do so).