Alter Bridge Questionnaire

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Alter Bridge Questionnaire

Post by scarecrow »

gbruin wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 12:23 pm
scarecrow wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:34 pm
Merinda wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 7:43 am
scarecrow wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:53 pm 1 - Who/what introduced you to Alter Bridge?
I became a diehard Creed / Tremonti fan circa 99-00. So I've been there from the beginning. The VERY beginning, that being a thread on CreedFeed titled 'So We're Going Myles Kennedy??' in late 2003 which I believe is still there. I remember being on a family road trip in summer 2004 and using hotel dial-up to try to hear 'Open Your Eyes' for the first time! It didn't work, I had to wait until I got home.
Oh man that's amazing! How old were you if you don't mind me asking? Are you another fan grown up alongside AB? (I was about 13 when I started listening in '06 (I think).
scarecrow wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:53 pm 4 - Who's your fave band member and why?
Mark because he's a genuinely great guy and has inspired and comforted me more than he'll ever know. It's an effect that's only grown over time. Marching In Time came out in the wake of my father's death and will always be a source of great peace to me. The other band members are swell, too.
I'm so sorry to hear about your dad! :hug The band have a knack for getting people through tough times. I had a similar experience in 2019 with WTS when my step-father passed away.
I was in middle school when I was introduced to Creed. So I was 14 years old at my first show in August 2000. And 18 at my first AB show in 2004. Met the guys for the first time in January 2005. I believe my friends and I even interacted with nagpo that night!

Was a total basketcase on the boards in 2007 when "Rise Today" came out, not proud of it. A twenty-something know-it-all. Oof. I still feel bad about it.

But yeah, the ODR tour was amazing. I wish y'all could've been there.

And thanks for the condolences. My dad was a complicated person (not a particularly good one) and the fallout of his death was incredibly tough psychologically - coming to terms with who he was.

But 2022 has been so great to me so far. I just bought a house and released my first original music ever!! in the same month!

https://fearfulearful.bandcamp.com/releases if anyone is inclined to check it out <3
Dang, scarecrow, that's some good music! I just bought your EP. It looks like that's all you, right? No other band members right now?

I love that really bright happy sounding rock vibe of Playlist. It's perfect for playing on the deck in these late spring/early summer afternoons with a grill and a drink or two. Congrats man! You're very talented. I hope you keep making music!
oh wow, that was you?? i like to send personalized thank yous but didn't know who made that purchase. thank you so much for your support, you have no idea how much it means to me!! <3

yes, it's all me. hopefully will become a band, but for the moment i go it alone. narrowed it down to 12-ish mostly completed songs (at least in acoustic / demo form) for the full length album today. very exciting. hope to start recording in june and release in december!

and don't tell anyone this but i am toying with the idea of licensing and reimagining 'my sacrifice' in more of a synthpop style to close the album. hoping that works out.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Merinda wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:17 am I'd love to read everyone's AB stories and AB things that mean something special to them and so I've got some (I hope, thought provoking) questions below, be brief or descriptive, answer some or all, totally up to you.

1 - Who/what introduced you to Alter Bridge?

2 - How many AB concerts have you been to?

3 - How far have you travelled to see AB live?

4 - Who's your fave band member and why?

5 - What is your favourite album and why?

6 - What is your favourite song and why?

7 - Do you have any Alter Bridge tattoos? (share a photo if you wish!)

8 - How has Alter Bridge changed your life?

9 - Do you have any stories to share when you have meet the band members in person?

10 - Do you have any AB memorabilia?

11 - Have you introduced anyone to Alter Bridge?

12 - Musically, where do you want to see AB go in the future?

1. I bought a PRS SE Mark Tremonti in 2019 because it sounded and felt cooler than the other guitars I tried at Guitar Center. I thought that the name was referencing the tremolo Bridge. (Tremonti, tremolo, get it?) In 2020, I started seeing the name Mark Tremonti in music news articles, and I decided to look him up to see what bands he is in. I found that he's in Creed and Alter Bridge, and since I knew my favorite band Volbeat opened for Alter Bridge in 2016, I decided to give them a try because I was looking for new music similar to Volbeat at that time. The rest is history.

2. I've never seen Alter Bridge live. They're one of only three bigger bands left that I would pay to see live (and I'm seeing one of them on Friday). I saw Tremonti at Louder Than Life last year, though.

3. Louder Than Life is about 6 or 7 hours away from home, I think.

4. Could be either Myles or Mark. I like it when Myles gets to play solos, but I like Mark's singing and writing style. I'm kind of similar to him in that way.

5. Fortress. Addicted To Pain is my favorite Alter Bridge song, and Cry Of Achilles is third. The Uninvited, Peace Is Broken, Calm The Fire, Cry A River, All Ends Well, and Fortress are up there as well. It also has the best production.

6. Addicted To Pain. With bands that I take the time to listen to many of their songs, one of the first ones I hear usually ends up staying my favorite.

7. No. I'm strongly against tattoos.

8. Mostly music-wise. See my original song Roadtrip Song, which is heavily influenced by Rise Today and Slip To The Void, and also has a Tremonti-like solo. (You can't see it, but the guitar I'm playing on this recording is my Tremonti PRS.)

Also, One Day Remains helped with my healing process last year. I learned to play a lot of Alter Bridge songs acoustic and Watch Over You is one of my staples. And I would have never connected with people on this board if I never knew about Alter Bridge!

9. Nope, although at Louder Than Life, the closest I got to the stage was for Tremonti. It was great to see Mark up close rather than on a screen like the other bands.

10. I have a Blackbird shirt that is really faded, and a Blackbird patch on my patch jacket.

11. A lot of people, including my parents, but mostly musicians. Too bad I never introduced them to the first girl I ever loved, because we exchanged a lot of music in our time together.

Also, I guess it counts as introducing someone to Alter Bridge if I play Watch Over You or any other of their songs live.

12. I really like Fortress and The Last Hero so I'd like to see them keep that heaviness and production. Maybe throw in some warm ballads like on One Day Remains. I think Blackbird and Walk The Sky were weak overall, and ABIII was too dark.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Roadtrip Song is really good, Max. Sweet solo!

Can't say much for your backup singers on WOY though ;) :P
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

rscotta831
TABN.com Citizen

Post by rscotta831 »

Merinda wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:17 am

9 - Do you have any stories to share when you have meet the band members in person?

1. It was “Find The Real” I first heard on Sirius. Then in Sept 2005, we saw AB at our local festival and I said to my wife, “Oh yeah, that’s that song I’ve been hearing. It’s Creed with a new lead singer.” I had no idea at that time they would last much longer than Creed and make light years better music.

2. 2005 Festival, 2011, 2019 and 2020, so four times.

3. About 2 hours.

5. ABIII

6. Slip To The Void - My wife and I love playing it together

7. No tats. Despise them. Another reason I admire Mark.

8. Like Shinedown, they’re a band that never stops. They know the songs are bigger than themselves. They don’t let egos get in the way of making great music. That’s why both bands are still together.

10. I have every album on vinyl, including One Day Remains and the box set that exclusively contains Amsterdam and Wembley on vinyl.

11. Just introduced a 20-year old to AB by accident here at the beach. Was jamming it and he walked up to ask what it was. He had never heard of AB, which blew me away. Said he was in a metal/blues band. I said you’ll really like AB. He said the next day that he researched them that night.

12. No specific direction. Just keep doing what you’re doing.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

At school in 2004, a music technology student friend of mine used 'The End is Here' as the basis for his final project. He gave me the album and I was hooked from the second I heard 'Find the Real'

Maybe 10 over the years. I saw the bulk of these between 2004 and 2008. I stopped seeing them regularly after 2009 but caught the Albert Hall gig and their 2019 Wembley Arena gig.

Up to Donington, so not far. About 3.5 hours drive.

Mark and Myles. I can't choose. Both of them have influenced my singing, guitar playing and songwriting immensely. I just hugely respect their integrity as musicians and the fact they seem to go about their jobs with so little ego and without the pomposity that often accompanies musicians.

Either ODR (nostalgia and the sound/feeling of the album) or Fortress (it just feels like the completion of their melding of metal and melody) both have very little in the way of filler and sound great.

Burn it Down - totally underrated song with some very identifiable and heartfelt lyrics from Mark and the kind of sincere delivery that only Myles can do. When I was a teenager, there were many nights where this song would help me feel what I needed to process and release my negative emotions. It's beautiful and dark with the light of hope at the end of the tunnel. Even all these years later, it's an emotional journey for me. One of my favourite Mark solos too.

No. Tattoos don't suit me unfortunately.

Alongside Rush, they inspired me to make my own music and pursue being a part of the local musician circuit. I've gained a lot of friends and experiences because of that. They have helped me to express myself and their songs themselves have helped me through some difficult times.

I'm an idiot. I won the competition to go and listen to Fortress in London before it came out. I asked Mark, 'What's your favourite song on the album to play live?'. He obviously looked a little confused and bemused before politely answering, 'We haven't played any of them live yet.' :lol :facepalm I really meant which song is the most fun to play but it came out wrong. He did sign my guitar scratchplate though.

Many T-shirts from concerts, including a very worse for wear green one from 2004 that I can no longer wear outside of the house as it has too many holes :D

Many people and I'd say quite a few of them are fans now. I drag my other half to all MK/MT/AB gigs I can too and she also loves them.

I really can't answer this question as I don't know but I've expounded on where I'd LIKE them to go at length. As long as they're doing what they want them I'm along for the ride.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Great idea Merinda. Thanks for this. I had good fun answering the questions.

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

Love reading everyone's replies! Keep them coming. There's too many for me to individually reply to without going loco. :)

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

axlar wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 5:08 am
axlar wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:46 am 2 - How many AB concerts have you been to?
I'm lucky to say that I have lost count...
Surely at this stage it must be over a 100????
I don't know, but also don't think it can be 100.. hmm.. maybe it could if you combine Alter Bridge, Tremonti, Slash and Myles gigs alltogether.
I found an old log from days gone by (semi pun, :crazy ) and was at 21 by end of 2008.. and did not really keep track since.. so i guess 100 for Alter Bridge alone might be a passed station indeed.. crazy stuff! :eek
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

axlar wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 3:37 am
axlar wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 5:08 am
axlar wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:46 am 2 - How many AB concerts have you been to?
I'm lucky to say that I have lost count...
Surely at this stage it must be over a 100????
I don't know, but also don't think it can be 100.. hmm.. maybe it could if you combine Alter Bridge, Tremonti, Slash and Myles gigs alltogether.
I found an old log from days gone by (semi pun, :crazy ) and was at 21 by end of 2008.. and did not really keep track since.. so i guess 100 for Alter Bridge alone might be a passed station indeed.. crazy stuff! :eek
I knew it must have been! That's amazing.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

gbruin wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 2:15 pm Can't say much for your backup singers on WOY though ;) :P
The sole purpose of my backup singers was to tell bad jokes in between acts.
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

SugarShane
Brand New Start

Post by SugarShane »

Videopimp.com
Used to always check the site every week and download any clips that looked cool. Broken Wings was on there and something about it intrigued me. Downloaded, listened, fell in love, bought their album not long after.

Depends. 0 headlines because they refuse to headline tour here. Once supporting Disturbed (2008) and twice on festivals (2012, 2014). They've toured my state exactly 3 times since their inception.

1 hour.

Myles. IMO he's the X factor and just seems like a real good dude.

It changes, but probably Blackbird overall. Just a great album.

Hard to pin down, probably Open Your Eyes, or Metalingus.

No tattoos at all

Um, not at all. It moved my entire CD collection to the right a bit I guess.

Never met them.

Just CDs and shirts

Yeah a few friends

I don't care. Every album has had a good amount of gold on it so I'll leave it up to them. I guess if I had to ask for something I'd like some heavier stuff.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Does Mark not have any tattoos?

Never thought about it before.

I dont want any.

Honestly, there are sooooo many people in rock bands who have tattoos. Its crazy.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

He's said during interviews he had considered getting tattoos a long time ago, but eventually abandoned the idea.
I'm surprised that was still an idea of his back in 2013.
Around 2013, Mark Tremonti was searching for a design for a tattoo he was considering.
https://www.tattoolife.com/mark-tremont ... on-models/