Pawns & Kings US and Toronto Winter Tour 2023 with Mammoth WVH and Red or Pistols at Dawn

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
maximzub
On The Rail

Re: Pawns & Kings US and Toronto Winter Tour 2023 with Mammoth WVH and Red or Pistols at Dawn

Post by maximzub »

pokefan_4 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:37 pm Any chance we will get a revamped and refreshed set list for the 2nd leg of this tour? Or are we going to get the same thing as before? Would love to see some of the newer songs in the setlist like Fable or Last Man Standing.
I'm betting same setlist as before. Here's my prediction for tonight.

Silver Tongue
Addicted To Pain
Ghost Of Days Gone By
Broken Wings
Dead Among The Living
Burn It Down
Cry Of Achilles
Watch Over You
In Loving Memory
Blackbird
Waters Rising
Pawns & Kings
Isolation
Metalingus
Rise Today
Open Your Eyes
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

pokefan_4
White Knuckled

Re: Pawns & Kings US and Toronto Winter Tour 2023 with Mammoth WVH and Red or Pistols at Dawn

Post by pokefan_4 »

maximzub wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:41 pm
pokefan_4 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:37 pm Any chance we will get a revamped and refreshed set list for the 2nd leg of this tour? Or are we going to get the same thing as before? Would love to see some of the newer songs in the setlist like Fable or Last Man Standing.

Silver Tongue
Addicted To Pain
Ghost Of Days Gone By
Broken Wings
Dead Among The Living
Burn It Down
Cry Of Achilles
Watch Over You
In Loving Memory
Blackbird
Waters Rising
Pawns & Kings
Isolation
Metalingus
Rise Today
Open Your Eyes
Really hope they cut out the acoustic stuff this time and play 2 more full band songs. But you are probably right.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

pokefan_4 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:30 pm

Silver Tongue
Addicted To Pain
Ghost Of Days Gone By
Broken Wings
Dead Among The Living
Burn It Down
Cry Of Achilles
Watch Over You
In Loving Memory
Blackbird
Waters Rising
Pawns & Kings
Isolation
Metalingus
Rise Today
Open Your Eyes
Really hope they cut out the acoustic stuff this time and play 2 more full band songs. But you are probably right.
What? No! Not only are those both amazing songs (and I was the one pulling for Watch Over You all throughout their European tour), but shows of this length need this kind of break where not all instruments are playing. This could apply to any band, not just Alter Bridge.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

pokefan_4
White Knuckled

Post by pokefan_4 »

maximzub wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:39 pm
pokefan_4 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:30 pm

Silver Tongue
Addicted To Pain
Ghost Of Days Gone By
Broken Wings
Dead Among The Living
Burn It Down
Cry Of Achilles
Watch Over You
In Loving Memory
Blackbird
Waters Rising
Pawns & Kings
Isolation
Metalingus
Rise Today
Open Your Eyes
What? No! Not only are those both amazing songs (and I was the one pulling for Watch Over You all throughout their European tour), but shows of this length need this kind of break where not all instruments are playing. This could apply to any band, not just Alter Bridge.
I think, for me, there are versions of those acoustic songs on YouTube that were played to perfection from some of their Live DVDs that can't be topped, so I gravitate toward those. I love the songs. I would prefer them played with the full band even.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

pokefan_4 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:23 pm
maximzub wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:39 pm
I think, for me, there are versions of those acoustic songs on YouTube that were played to perfection from some of their Live DVDs that can't be topped, so I gravitate toward those. I love the songs. I would prefer them played with the full band even.
That makes more sense. I prefer the full band versions of those songs over the acoustic versions.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Whitebird
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Whitebird »

Please start playing Fable

Trenthetfield
Brand New Start

Post by Trenthetfield »

Even though I live in the UK, I really want them to play Fable, just so I can see a video of it. It's not gonna be another WDTTW surely.....

'It's Time To Man Up', as a great man once said!

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Trenthetfield wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:34 pm Even though I live in the UK, I really want them to play Fable, just so I can see a video of it. It's not gonna be another WDTTW surely.....

'It's Time To Man Up', as a great man once said!
Mark has said many times that they are going to play Fable Of The Silent Son, no doubt. I'm betting it's gonna be another This Side Of Fate: one that gets debuted later in the second year of touring and is played a few times before being retired.

https://bravewords.com/features/alter-b ... plex-songs
Despite it being their longest song, Tremonti insists Alter Bridge will play “Fable Of The Silent Son” live. “Absolutely. We’ll definitely play that one. I don’t know if it’ll be right out of the gate, but we’ll get it in there as the tour gets going. That’ going to require a bit of rehearsal. “This whole record’s going to take a ton of rehearsal,” agrees Mark. “There’s a lot going on. I think more than ever on this record, during pre-production, my brain hurt just from memorizing everything. Because you have to get it down before you can move on to the next song.”
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Can somebody confirm whether or not they played Come To Life last night? It's listed on setlist.fm, but some of the orders with other songs seem switched, so I'm a little skeptical.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, I caved. I actually did end up buying the VIP meet & greet for the Anaheim show. This is the closest I have to travel to see the band and it's only 10 minutes a drive on one street. I might as well take all the advantages I can get getting a rail spot again. Maybe when I get a chance to talk to the guys, I may suggest to them in selling an AB-style hockey jersey. Instant buy if they do it.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Going to the Seattle show tonight! :headbang :headbang

Edit: Mammoth stole the show. Their new track was ESPECIALLY good.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Looking at the secondary market tickets for the Anaheim show. It's actually not that bad. Face value on Ticketmaster was $58.00 (although they have those early entrance pass things for $20.00 that HOB shows there usually have). Right now, Tickpick has them for around $50.00. Compared that to the LA show in 2020 where like a day or two before the show, tickets on the resale market was going for $30.00 for a non-Pit GA seat (which the face value was $48.00).

It's the HOB, all GA, in a great location, so I should expect a big turnout. I'm curious on how the Highland show will be attended. It's an area that bands don't regularly go to. Inland Empire (Ontario, San Bernardino, Riverside) is pretty darn far east from the LA and OC areas, so I'm curious how it is attended since I didn't expect AB to do two shows in SoCal at all for the album period.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Denver review...time is undefeated, but it hasn't won yet.

Post by gbruin »

Saw the boys last Monday here in Denver. I shelled out for the VIP package, and while the VIP experience itself, for the price charged, is pretty meh compared to what a lot of others offer, it's the only way to ensure early entrance and a spot on the rail, so it had to be done. The show was solid but they lacked a bit of the energy and audience engagement that I'm used to from AB, but they said early during soundcheck that they all basically didn't sleep the night before due to the winds in that craphole Amarillo where they spent the night and on the road over from there. I can definitely relate to how one feels the day after getting little sleep. Plus we're getting to the end of the tour, so I understand them getting a bit run down. Denver is a full day's drive from any other major venue (they took 2 days driving to come from Dallas) so it's always a chore to get here (and I think, along with singing at altitude, that's big reason bands often skip us) and all that travel adds up on a tour. It could also be that AB, like myself, is showing a bit of age. They seemed to play fewer songs with guitar solos, there's less head banging on stage, Mark is singing songs that Myles has always sung. And they've been playing together almost 20 years. Maybe they're working on ways to keep Alter Bridge sustainable. You sure can't fault them for it if that's the case. I'm grateful they got here and played. It just didn't seem quite as electric an experience like in years past.

But they sounded just as good as ever though, and really, that's ultimately the most important part of any show for me. Myles vocals and enunciation were fantastic. Everyone looked really comfortable on stage. I was super excited that they played Dead Among The Living. That and P&K are my faves on the album so it was cool to have them both on the setlist. Marks' skills, and forearms, remain impressive as always, though I still miss his clean tone at the end of Burn It Down and elsewhere, but that's nothing new for any of us. The strobes in the light show are overdone and sometimes distracting, but maybe are seem as a way to spice up the stage show. The Mission Ballroom where they played is a cool new venue here and it looked close to capacity, so it's a good location for them to play. But the buses get parked inside a gated area in the back, so there's no chance to try to meet bands after a show at that place. But given AB's obvious caution in order to ensure the band stays healthy and the tour keeps going, it's just as well that no one gives them a plague-laden handshake like Kev did to Myles that time at LAX.

AB seems clearly invested in keeping AB going, and if the price of making that happen means that the show and its surrounding parts are scaled back from their historical intensity a bit, then I'm for it. Unlike a few bands I can think of, more Alter Bridge is still a very very good thing.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

It was not in LAX that I met him. It was in the airport in Orlando and then meeting him at the airport in Raleigh. I'm not expecting much from the VIP meet & greet in Anaheim on Tuesday. I've already done two of these at the Listening Parties. I'm just doing it so that I can be assured a rail spot in the closest venue from home that I have seen AB, ever.

The only things I want to get the point across to the band if I get a word in with them are that A. I was at the Toronto show in the Shinedown Hockey jersey in the 2nd row center and B. consider the idea to team up with Puck Hcky to have hockey jerseys and related apparel up for sale. The wallet will go to town on it if that happens.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Holy fudge. Look how cheap tomorrow's show in Anaheim is at the moment on Tickpick. Granted, at best, without VIP meet & greet or the HOB fast lane pass, you would end up being in the 4th or 5th row, but that is way cheaper than the $58.00 face value ticket. I wish I had the urge to wait it out, but here we are. This is for those that are in the LA/OC area that is waiting it out if you didn't want to pay $50+ for a GA ticket.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, the time is now. At the entrance at the House of Blues waiting to check in the VIP meet & Greet. I am 4th in line. That rail spot should be locked.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: or was it just when I do it? Hmmm…

Post by zazthespaz »

I think Ryan’s ahead of you in line. Tell
Him he looks cute, he likes it when strangers do that.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

Saw AB in Seattle, was my first time. It easily cracked my top 5 concerts of all time. If I didn't have other commitments I would have gone to see them both nights in Airway Heights based on Seattle alone, the last band that made me feel that way was Iron Maiden.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

The Dissident wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:35 am Saw AB in Seattle, was my first time. It easily cracked my top 5 concerts of all time. If I didn't have other commitments I would have gone to see them both nights in Airway Heights based on Seattle alone, the last band that made me feel that way was Iron Maiden.
Alter Bridge is one of the few major bands that I would go see live again. The others being Volbeat, Tremonti, Metallica, and YU Grupa. Maybe Breaking Benjamin, but I've already seen them twice. And I would probably want to see Halestorm again and again, but so far I haven't seen them yet.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!