Pawns & Kings US and Toronto Winter Tour 2023 with Mammoth WVH and Red or Pistols at Dawn

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Pawns & Kings US and Toronto Winter Tour 2023 with Mammoth WVH and Red or Pistols at Dawn

Post by anguyen92 »

Thanks, Zaz for the initial post, but I shall create its own thread.

Anaheim HOB. Sweeeeet. That's in my neighborhood (almost literally since it's just a short 10 min. drive away). All GA, which makes for a fun time.

I will also consider adding going to the show in Highland, CA. Never been to the place before, but it's an hour away on a Saturday, so that's an easy yes. I get another shot at seeing Mammoth WVH after missing out on them last March due to obligations I could not miss. I rather would have Red as the opener as I have no idea who Pistols at Dawn is, but I get a chance to see AB three times this run, maybe more....

https://twitter.com/alterbridge/status/ ... 2248505344
Last edited by anguyen92 on Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thatfunkodad
Brand New Start

Re: Pawns & Kings US and Toronto Winter Tour 2023 with Mammoth WVH and Red or Pistols at Dawn

Post by thatfunkodad »

Finger crosses for a third US leg at some point. As usual, they've neglected Oregon, so I get to choose either a 5 hour drive to Seattle, or 8 hour drives to either Spokane or Reno. Better than no west coast dates, but they're definitely neglecting the west on these first two legs.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Colorado? Nah, skip them. This is a US tour.

Post by gbruin »

Woot! What a way to wake up on a Monday morning.

Glad to see that zaz didn't book this tour and that Denver has a show! The Mission Ballroom is a nice big venue too that is mostly GA. I'll be lining up early next week. Reservations are open for the spare bedrooms here if anyone wants.

I might try to get to the Anaheim show too to see my brother and Ryan and some other Cali friends.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Pawns & Kings US and Toronto Winter Tour 2023 with Mammoth WVH and Red or Pistols at Dawn

Post by anguyen92 »

thatfunkodad wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:07 pm Finger crosses for a third US leg at some point. As usual, they've neglected Oregon, so I get to choose either a 5 hour drive to Seattle, or 8 hour drives to either Spokane or Reno. Better than no west coast dates, but they're definitely neglecting the west on these first two legs.
The Northwest, maybe, but I see 6 shows in the Pacific time zone, plus shows in Denver and Salt Lake City. Weast ain't getting neglected at all, otherwise, I would be complaining about it first.

So, for this leg, I will go to the two California shows and maybe take a weekend trip to Toronto and see them there.
I might try to get to the Anaheim show too to see my brother and Ryan and some other Cali friends.
I hope to see you there.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Remembering that time you gave Myles smallpox

Post by gbruin »

anguyen92 wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:14 pm
thatfunkodad wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:07 pm Finger crosses for a third US leg at some point. As usual, they've neglected Oregon, so I get to choose either a 5 hour drive to Seattle, or 8 hour drives to either Spokane or Reno. Better than no west coast dates, but they're definitely neglecting the west on these first two legs.
The Northwest, maybe, but I see 6 shows in the Pacific time zone, plus shows in Denver and Salt Lake City. Weast ain't getting neglected at all, otherwise, I would be complaining about it first.

So, for this leg, I will go to the two California shows and maybe take a weekend trip to Toronto and see them there.
I hope to see you there.
You're definitely on the list of Cali friends. But I'm still wearing a mask around you. ;) :lol

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Remembering that time you gave Myles smallpox

Post by MaraCarr »

gbruin wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:41 pm
anguyen92 wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:14 pm

I hope to see you there.
You're definitely on the list of Cali friends. But I'm still wearing a mask around you. ;) :lol

I see they are in Tampa at the Hard Rock! I know I will be at that one!😊

gbruin
MEGLADONG

One of the prices we pay for living in the best part of the continent

Post by gbruin »

Also, I would say the west is definitely getting neglected, as there are a total of 8 shows in the entire mountain and pacific time zones, and half of those are So Cal and WA shows, with none in San Fran, San Diego, central California, Vegas, or Portland (never mind Vancouver, Calgary, or Edmonton).

But that's not unusual for any band at all.

I'm sure Tim (or some band member pirating his login ;) ) could break down the daily cost of a band touring and divide that by some factor that represents distance and population, but the short answer is that there's clearly a wider distribution of people and cities across the west so it's simply more efficient (read: money) for a band to concentrate tour dates through the east and midwest.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: "Denver has a show" lol

Post by zazthespaz »

anguyen92 wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:14 pm Weast ain't getting neglected at all, otherwise, I would be complaining about it first.
gbruin wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:08 pm Glad to see that zaz didn't book this tour and that Denver has a show!
I'm in charge of tour bus navigation.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Fuck yea, Seattle!!!

The Paramount is about 1,000 seats more than the previous venue they’ve been playing at. Which they played the last two album cycles. So excited for AB, don’t get me wrong, but FUCKING RED!!!!! LET’S GOOOO!!!!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: One of the prices we pay for living in the best part of the continent

Post by anguyen92 »

gbruin wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:37 pm Also, I would say the west is definitely getting neglected, as there are a total of 8 shows in the entire mountain and pacific time zones, and half of those are So Cal and WA shows, with none in San Fran, San Diego, central California, Vegas, or Portland (never mind Vancouver, Calgary, or Edmonton).

But that's not unusual for any band at all.

I'm sure Tim (or some band member pirating his login ;) ) could break down the daily cost of a band touring and divide that by some factor that represents distance and population, but the short answer is that there's clearly a wider distribution of people and cities across the west so it's simply more efficient (read: money) for a band to concentrate tour dates through the east and midwest.
I just feel like in recent times, the West has the better end of things. There were 8 shows for Walk the Sky in the West and most of the shows in the East Coast was part of co-headlining tour with Skillet, but of course, there's a pandemic was a major factor of that tour.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

AB4Lyfe wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:15 pm Fuck yea, Seattle!!!

The Paramount is about 1,000 seats more than the previous venue they’ve been playing at. Which they played the last two album cycles. So excited for AB, don’t get me wrong, but FUCKING RED!!!!! LET’S GOOOO!!!!
Uhhh, sadly, the downside of the West coast leg is that we don't get Red as an opening act. Is this Pistols At Dawn band any good?

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Oh wow I didn’t even see that… dammit.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

I would have loved to be able to go see them in Seattle again. The 2020 show was amazing. Unfortunately covid is still a thing and being a Canadian I cant get into the US without the vax passport, and I cant get the vaccine because of my anti-vax parents I still live with :/ So here's hoping for a late 2023/2024 Canada tour I guess...

prslover
TABN.com Citizen

Post by prslover »

First Show in Tampa Whoo Hoo!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Ok, first song I've heard from Pistols at Dawn on Spotify. On first impression, they sound like every generic Octane band and Like a Storm (without the didgeridoo here and there). Not impressed so far, but let's see how I feel five more songs later.

Edit: Ok, they've gotten a little more slightly tolerable more songs later. Now they sound like a Sevendust side-project, which is a decent upgrade.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Honestly we're fortunate to get such an extensive North American tour given the rock scene right now.

Schulzy
White Knuckled

Post by Schulzy »

I will be purchasing tickets for the February 17th show in Minnesota. I moved back to Iowa from Massachusetts in December last year so it will be my first AB show out here. About 3-1/2 hour drive from Des Moines. Having Red on the tour is a bonus as I have been a long time fan. Saw them live back during the Of Beauty & Rage tour and it was one of the best shows I've ever been to. I listened to some of Wolfgang's music and was so-so but will give them a shot due to close relationship to Tremonti. Anybody else from The Nation going to this one?
_^:Tangled in your trance and I'm certain:^_

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, I'm up getting ready for the presale. Have the pages up for the Anaheim and Toronto show. Apparently, for the Highland show, since it's an AXS-promoted event than a Live Nation/Ticketmaster one, there is no pre-sale and the regular sale starts on Friday. That's a bit of a bummer since I just want to wrap everything up in one day.

Edit: All right, two shows locked. The Toronto ticket was surprisingly not as expensive, mainly due to the low Canadian dollar. Thanks, Canada for that. The price of the Anaheim HOB was expected. I was hoping for under $60.00 and that's what I saw. With no seats or sections to GA Pit for HOB, unlike the Wiltern, so Live Nation needs to make up those dollars elsewhere and they choose to inflate the regular GA price (they are also having a fast lane option for $35.00 for early entrance, but I'm thinking of getting the VIP meet and Greet anyway for this one, so no need for that).

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Ticket for Orlando secured :peace
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I'll be at that Quapaw, Oklahoma show. It sure beats driving to KC or The Lou.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23