Pawns & Kings US and Toronto Winter Tour 2023 with Mammoth WVH and Red or Pistols at Dawn

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
gbruin
MEGLADONG

And it's a pretty long way from KC to STL

Post by gbruin »

Why KC? That seems a bit random.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: And it's a pretty long way from KC to STL

Post by anguyen92 »

gbruin wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:13 pm Why KC? That seems a bit random.
Well, the KC show is on a Saturday. I think, to myself, if it takes 4-6 hours to get from KC to St. Louis, I may go and watch the Blues go against the Golden Knights the next day and have a nice weekend in the midlands of the country.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

STL fans were giant A-holes last playoffs

Post by gbruin »

Ah. Makes sense.

Can you root for both teams to lose on Sunday?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Pawns & Kings US and Toronto Winter Tour 2023 with Mammoth WVH and Red or Pistols at Dawn

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, if this weekend trip to Kansas City and St. Louis is all set when it comes to logistics and price, I'll root for both to lose. Leaning more towards wanting the Golden Knights to lose.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Singing the Post-Cup blues.

Post by gbruin »

Yeah, an FVGK loss is definitely better for your Kings.

Man, if the Avs don't get healthy soon and get some consistency in their lineup, they're gonna be hard pressed just to get a wild card spot.

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Pawns & Kings US and Toronto Winter Tour 2023 with Mammoth WVH and Red or Pistols at Dawn

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

I'd have a chance at the Reno show. It's the day that my school's Spring Break begins, but I'd have to hit the road ASAP after I'm done teaching because it's a 2.5 hour drive.

Red_D
Brand New Start

Post by Red_D »

So Mark said in his Audio Ink Radio interview that they are gonna bust out three new songs on this next leg of the tour, so what three new songs does everyone want them to play? One of them has to be Fable? right? :rockon

thatfunkodad
Brand New Start

Post by thatfunkodad »

Red_D wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:30 pm So Mark said in his Audio Ink Radio interview that they are gonna bust out three new songs on this next leg of the tour, so what three new songs does everyone want them to play? One of them has to be Fable? right? :rockon
Holiday will for sure be one of them. My hope for the other 2 would be Fable and Dead Among The Living

But, for me, the real question is are they going to add more P&K songs to the set and remove ones they played in Europe, or are they going to take out songs from other albums (hello ODR) to give this album a little more room to breathe. They were playing 6 songs from WTS at one point before the tour was scrapped. Would love to see them do the same thing here, but not expecting it.

Trenthetfield
Brand New Start

Post by Trenthetfield »

Holiday, Fable and Dead would be my picks too as it goes...hopefully they'll come back for a second European run with more of the P&K songs in the set - not them I'm slagging the set I've just seen (London), which was great! But clearly there's going to be compromises somewhere, as they're not going to play for longer I'd have thought.

Schulzy
White Knuckled

Post by Schulzy »

Sounds like Holiday and Dead Among The Living are singles so assume they will be top picks. I would really like to hear Fable and Last Man Standing.
_^:Tangled in your trance and I'm certain:^_

Trenthetfield
Brand New Start

Post by Trenthetfield »

Is Dead a single? Not seen a video.

prslover
TABN.com Citizen

Post by prslover »

Tampa show was solid last night.
From P&K they played SIlver Toungue, Holiday, Stay, and Pawns and Kings.
-Addicted to Pain
-Watch over You/ILM acoustic just Mark and Myles.
-Before Tommorow Comes
-Cry of Achilles
-Broken Wings
-Ghosts
-Blackbird
-Isolation
-Metallingus
-Rise Today
-Open Your Eyes

Probably forgetting a couple

I took my Dad who is 72. For years and years i have been playing Alter Bridge songs on my guitar for him and telling him about the band.
He loved it! I wanted to show him what a modern-day awesome/tight band sounds like. He liked Blackbird a lot.

My one gripe is that I dont understand why Mark has completely abandoned his clean tone. The Intro on Broken Wings was basically full distortion and I just dont get it. Same with Myles on the Intro to Cry of Achilles, it sounds harsh.

Great to see the boys, they looked happy and healthy.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

prslover wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:58 pm Tampa show was solid last night.
From P&K they played SIlver Toungue, Holiday, Stay, and Pawns and Kings.
-Addicted to Pain
-Watch over You/ILM acoustic just Mark and Myles.
-Before Tommorow Comes
-Cry of Achilles
-Broken Wings
-Ghosts
-Blackbird
-Isolation
-Metallingus
-Rise Today
-Open Your Eyes

Probably forgetting a couple

I took my Dad who is 72. For years and years i have been playing Alter Bridge songs on my guitar for him and telling him about the band.
He loved it! I wanted to show him what a modern-day awesome/tight band sounds like. He liked Blackbird a lot.

My one gripe is that I dont understand why Mark has completely abandoned his clean tone. The Intro on Broken Wings was basically full distortion and I just dont get it. Same with Myles on the Intro to Cry of Achilles, it sounds harsh.

Great to see the boys, they looked happy and healthy.
Wouldn't You Rather was on there as well.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

prslover wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:58 pm My one gripe is that I dont understand why Mark has completely abandoned his clean tone. The Intro on Broken Wings was basically full distortion and I just dont get it. Same with Myles on the Intro to Cry of Achilles, it sounds harsh.
Yes. This has been ongoing for a while. They seem to have tried to buy into the old-school method of using the volume knob on the guitar to clean up the distorted channel (something that used to be necessary with old single-channel amps) but it doesn't really work when your guitar has high output pickups and the amp channel is as distorted as it is for AB's music.

Shame because Mark's clean tone used to be such a big part of his sound. Those Fender Twin cleans were just so clear and full.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Okay, I have a question.

Why have they been skipping Open Your Eyes now for three nights in a row? I can't believe that they would consistently be running into curfew problems. If they did, they'd probably find something else to cut out from the set and not Open Your Eyes.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Trenthetfield
Brand New Start

Post by Trenthetfield »

Dead Among The Living debuted last night. Here's a vid I found of it. Myles mispronunciation of Dead is bugging me already, but glad it's joined the setlist! I agree re Open Your Eyes, what's going on there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DxCYt8NcJk

Whitebird
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Whitebird »

Trenthetfield wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:49 am Dead Among The Living debuted last night. Here's a vid I found of it. Myles mispronunciation of Dead is bugging me already, but glad it's joined the setlist! I agree re Open Your Eyes, what's going on there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DxCYt8NcJk
I absolutely loved it live

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Man, I'm flying out to Toronto in a few days. Going to see them on Saturday.

One of things that I would love to fantasize, but know that this will never happen, if, somehow, Edge was at this show (since he's from Toronto) and I would get to have a chat with him, not to talk about wrestling or AB, but to talk about hockey. Him and Wolfgang would be the two guys that I love to chat with to talk about something, not relating with their professions, but about stuff relating to hockey.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

maximzub wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:11 am Okay, I have a question.

Why have they been skipping Open Your Eyes now for three nights in a row? I can't believe that they would consistently be running into curfew problems. If they did, they'd probably find something else to cut out from the set and not Open Your Eyes.
Yeah, by now it's pretty clear that it's not curfew problems. What's happening? Couldn't they easily put Broken Wings back in the spot where it was (where Before Tomorrow Comes is now) and add Open Your Eyes back to the end?
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

maximzub wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:41 am
maximzub wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:11 am Okay, I have a question.

Yeah, by now it's pretty clear that it's not curfew problems. What's happening? Couldn't they easily put Broken Wings back in the spot where it was (where Before Tomorrow Comes is now) and add Open Your Eyes back to the end?
Why the concern about the band dropping songs that are almost 20 years old... when they haven't yet played some of the best songs from Pawns and Kings :shrug