Hypothetical Scenarios - Sick Myles

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
maximzub
On The Rail

Hypothetical Scenarios - Sick Myles

Post by maximzub »

I've come up with a few hypothetical scenarios for the Alter Bridge universe, and I would like to share one and see what people think would happen.

Imagine this. Myles is sick for a show and can't sing. And I'm not talking Columbus 2019 sick, where he sounded bad and gave Mark to sing some songs in order to help him recover. I'm talking he's completely lost his voice and is unable to sing, and they can't cancel the show. What do you think they would do to make up for Myles not being able to sing?

EDIT to clarify: Myles can still play guitar.
Last edited by maximzub on Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: Hypothetical Scenarios - Sick Myles

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

a) Instrumental set - Least likely option
b) shorter acoustic set with Mark on lead vocals - less likely option
c) regular length set with Mark doing lead vocal duties on every song he feels comfortable singing in his range but they also have practiced enough to play live - likely option
d) cancel the show - most likely option even though you said they can't

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:56 pmoption
c) regular length set with Mark doing lead vocal duties on every song he feels comfortable singing in his range but they also have practiced enough to play live - likely option
What could be those songs?
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

maximzub wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:41 pm
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:56 pmoption
What could be those songs?
Was it Burn It Down and Broken Wings that Mark sang a few years back? I reckon he could pull off a lot of the One Day Remains album.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

I know it's been a minute, but originally, the entire ODR album was demo'd with Mark on vocals, had it all written before Myles came on board. He'd probably need a little bit of practice time in to get them down again, especially with playing and singing at the same time (which he probably didn't do on the demos), but that could be an option. Playing ODR in full with Mark on vocals (which, come on, we'd all be in tears hearing him sing In Loving Memory), plus maybe throw in a few covers and his lead vocal tracks from the other AB albums.

That, or give Flip a mic headset and let him belt it out while he drums.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

TenaciousBe wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:54 pm I know it's been a minute, but originally, the entire ODR album was demo'd with Mark on vocals, had it all written before Myles came on board. He'd probably need a little bit of practice time in to get them down again, especially with playing and singing at the same time (which he probably didn't do on the demos), but that could be an option. Playing ODR in full with Mark on vocals (which, come on, we'd all be in tears hearing him sing In Loving Memory), plus maybe throw in a few covers and his lead vocal tracks from the other AB albums.

You were one of the first people to hear the One Day Remains songs, so did you happen to hear those demos by any chance? Were they tuned lower for his voice?

Would be crazy hearing him sing Words Darker Than Their Wings by himself....

Could he have possibly sang on demos for Walk The Sky and Pawns & Kings, since he wrote half of the songs on his own at first and had complete-ish demos before bringing them to Myles?

Would they attempt any Tremonti songs?
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

maximzub wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:02 am
TenaciousBe wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:54 pm I know it's been a minute, but originally, the entire ODR album was demo'd with Mark on vocals, had it all written before Myles came on board. He'd probably need a little bit of practice time in to get them down again, especially with playing and singing at the same time (which he probably didn't do on the demos), but that could be an option. Playing ODR in full with Mark on vocals (which, come on, we'd all be in tears hearing him sing In Loving Memory), plus maybe throw in a few covers and his lead vocal tracks from the other AB albums.

You were one of the first people to hear the One Day Remains songs, so did you happen to hear those demos by any chance? Were they tuned lower for his voice?

Would be crazy hearing him sing Words Darker Than Their Wings by himself....

Could he have possibly sang on demos for Walk The Sky and Pawns & Kings, since he wrote half of the songs on his own at first and had complete-ish demos before bringing them to Myles?

Would they attempt any Tremonti songs?
Unfortunately no, I never got to hear any of the demos. I did get to hear a couple of the songs over the phone though, before the album was out, thanks to Michael being awesome. :D
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.