Alter Bridge May and June Tour 2023 (Festivals, and shows with Sevendust or Mammoth WVH)

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
maximzub
On The Rail

Re: Alter Bridge May and June Tour 2023 (Festivals, and shows with Sevendust or Mammoth WVH)

Post by maximzub »

Double post. Accidentally quoted my post instead of editing it.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

thatfunkodad
Brand New Start

Re: Alter Bridge May and June Tour 2023 (Festivals, and shows with Sevendust or Mammoth WVH)

Post by thatfunkodad »

maximzub wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:26 pm
Whitebird wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:13 pm
Mr. Slash wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:49 pm
Did they drop out of Trondheim Rocks? That was supposed to be on the 11th.
They no longer appear on the website for the show, so looks like that's the case.

davidstvz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by davidstvz »

I'll be catching them at the Fillmore in New Orleans on May 17th.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Anybody going to the show on Friday in Dothan, AL, I'm calling it right now that they're gonna debut Fable Of The Silent Son. Why? Because 1) extended set, and 2) last time Tremonti was in Dothan, they debuted Thrown Further.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

maximzub wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 11:09 am Anybody going to the show on Friday in Dothan, AL, I'm calling it right now that they're gonna debut Fable Of The Silent Son. Why? Because 1) extended set, and 2) last time Tremonti was in Dothan, they debuted Thrown Further.
Oh man. I would love them to play Fable. I hope you're right.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Crumbso wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 11:34 am
maximzub wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 11:09 am Anybody going to the show on Friday in Dothan, AL, I'm calling it right now that they're gonna debut Fable Of The Silent Son. Why? Because 1) extended set, and 2) last time Tremonti was in Dothan, they debuted Thrown Further.
I don't like sounding so negative but I struggle to care at this point. They'll drop most of their Pawns and Kings material at the earliest opportunity anyway. Just like they've done with Walk The Sky and The Last Hero. For album number eight, Mark will talk yet again about how their new batch of songs will be so fun to play live (but not as fun as playing ODR/Blackbird stuff clearly).

Irrational rant over :lol

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Dan Dando wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 9:44 pm
I don't like sounding so negative but I struggle to care at this point. They'll drop most of their Pawns and Kings material at the earliest opportunity anyway. Just like they've done with Walk The Sky and The Last Hero. For album number eight, Mark will talk yet again about how their new batch of songs will be so fun to play live (but not as fun as playing ODR/Blackbird stuff clearly).

Did Mark say that stuff about the songs being fun to play live when The Last Hero and Walk The Sky were the newest albums? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall seeing anything like that. I'm more hopeful about this album sticking around than the previous two.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Also, predictions for the extended set tomorrow, besides Fable Of The Silent Son? I'll be pessimistic and guess that they'll just add a couple of the songs they've been rotating in, and another Mark song (or two).

The one I'm having a harder time predicting is the Welcome To Rockville setlist. They only have 40 minutes. They haven't played that short of a set since 2017. I'm struggling to fit in all the must plays, even.

Silver Tongue
Addicted To Pain
Ghost Of Days Gone By
Holiday/This Is War/Sin After Sin
Cry Of Achilles
Blackbird
Isolation
Metalingus
Rise Today

This is already 50 minutes. I can't think of two songs they can cut out from these.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Dan Dando wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 9:44 pm

Well, yeah, but you're not meant to actually say it :lol

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Ah, shoot. We're a Myles down tonight, so no Welcome To Rockville for Alter Bridge.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

So after 19 years of existence AB has to cancel a show for the first time.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Mr. Slash wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 5:19 am So after 19 years of existence AB has to cancel a show for the first time.
Is it really the first time?
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

maximzub wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 11:37 am
Mr. Slash wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 5:19 am So after 19 years of existence AB has to cancel a show for the first time.
Is it really the first time?
I think so. At least that's what Mark said in an interview not so long ago.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

If we don't count the European tour in 2020 being cancelled due to covid, I swear I remember one occasion, when they cancelled a show in Denmark in 2007/2008. There was a guy on this board that was in a local band that was going to support AB then and he was absolutely heartbroken.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

I was at Welcome to Rockville. People were so bummed about Alter Bridge lol. I was super close to the front of the stage. As soon as their cancelation was announced on screen, 4 or 5 guys in the very front, wearing Alter Bridge shirts, just left with their faces practically on the floor.

I never get lucky with Mark and the boys. I missed out on seeing Creed in 2012 because I was under age and the venue wouldn't let me in.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: I say with a cold that I'm treating like cancer.

Post by zazthespaz »

Devil Inside You wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 1:44 am I was at Welcome to Rockville. People were so bummed about Alter Bridge lol. I was super close to the front of the stage. As soon as their cancelation was announced on screen, 4 or 5 guys in the very front, wearing Alter Bridge shirts, just left with their faces practically on the floor.

I never get lucky with Mark and the boys. I missed out on seeing Creed in 2012 because I was under age and the venue wouldn't let me in.
That sucks - sorry you missed out on seeing them!

Kind of wish they did a set with Mark singing. Do an ODR heavy setlist of about 6-7 songs and a few other songs in a lower register. Myles could've noodled around on guitar parts that he normally sings during (or take rhythm) and shown off his guitar chops. Would've been a fun way to show the band's diversity and talent while giving those at the show a unique experience.

If it was more than Myles' voice that was the problem though and he was down for the count, then I totally understand not performing.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Only 3 songs from Prawns and Wings played in Tilburg and Edinburgh. Wouldn't be surprised if Silver Tongue is the only one they play at Download.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Dan Dando wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:05 pm Only 3 songs from Prawns and Wings played in Tilburg and Edinburgh. Wouldn't be surprised if Silver Tongue is the only one they play at Download.
They played Sin After Sin. Not sure about the rest of the setlist other than that and Come To Life. EDIT: They played This Is War! Yes!
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Short interview with Mark at Download Festival. The best quote is in the end "Our music videos are never great, we should've learned how to present ourselves. [...] If I could rewind time, I would've kicked my ass and say "pay more attention to that!"" Haha, I have to agree and this also counts for the Creed music videos which are all quite awful in my opinion. :D
Even though, I gotta say that I really liked the music video for Wouldn't You Rather. Simplistic, but the visuals of the band performing are great.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Mr. Slash wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:10 pm Short interview with Mark at Download Festival. The best quote is in the end "Our music videos are never great, we should've learned how to present ourselves.
Does anyone else remember their idea for a Wonderful Life music video? I can't quite recall the details but I do remember that it would have been one shot, possibly showing the passage of time for a relationship.
Mr. Slash wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:10 pm and this also counts for the Creed music videos which are all quite awful in my opinion. :D
12 year old me thought the My Sacrifice video was the coolest thing ever :D