August US Tour 2023 with Sevendust and Mammoth WVH Opening

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
maximzub
On The Rail

Re: August US Tour 2023 with Sevendust and Mammoth WVH Opening

Post by maximzub »

Is it true that they only played 14 songs last night and 13 songs the night before? What is happening?
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

maximzub wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:58 am Is it true that they only played 14 songs last night and 13 songs the night before? What is happening?
Suppose Fable is like 3 songs in one?

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Dan Dando wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:33 pm
maximzub wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:58 am Is it true that they only played 14 songs last night and 13 songs the night before? What is happening?
Suppose Fable is like 3 songs in one?
Fable wasn't played the night they did 13 songs. They only played one song from Pawns & Kings that night and it was the ever-so-obvious Silver Tongue.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I think what's happening compared to the 16 or 17 songs AB had played earlier this year was that with the bill now includes two very good and very-named supporting bands instead of one, the set times had to shift. Mammoth played 8 songs in a main support slot to AB last Winter. Now they have been playing 9 songs a night as the first opening band. Sevendust has been playing 10 songs a night. That will eat up how long the main headliner (AB in this case) will play.

In Quebec City, note that Sevendust played 13 songs that night instead of 10 (I think it's due to the fact that Sevendust also rarely plays in Canada, that was their first show in Canada in five years, so if they are going to do a show there, they are probably going to play an hour rather than 50 minutes).

All in all, it's going to eat into AB's time where you see the 14-15 songs as it stands now. Plus, they've been playing Burn it Down, Cry of Achilles, Blackbird, and now adding Fable of the Silent Son. Those four songs make up 30 minutes of their 90-95 minute set.

I do wonder in the last 1/3 of the tour when Mammoth is not on the bill, how the set times will change. I don't think MJT is going to get 9 songs a night.

There lies a bit of an issue with a notion that, "AB needs to play with more known bands as supporting bands rather than no-names if they are going to gain more fans." The more known bands, rightfully, will get more playing time. My suggestion is for them to do a tour with no opening bands and thus have 2.5 hours+ to themselves to play to their fans and play more songs and include more deep cuts, but they don't want to go with that route and rather tour with great friends of theirs (nothing wrong with that).

Edit: On a side note, I'm starting to listen to MJT now. How in the world did AB find this band? I'm already liking the sound of this better than Pistols at Dawn and that other 1st band (Deepfall, I think their name is) that opened during the US portion of the Walk the Sky tour. If they don't sound like one of those carbon copy bands you would typically hear on Octane, it's a good thing.

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

I also think that Sevendust played those extra songs because the concert was postponed due to weather, and Mammoth couldn't play as they were opening for Metallica.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Jhenrid wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:02 am Based on the setlist for QC it looks like Mark sung twice.
Wonder if that's to help preserve Myles's voice given this resulted in three straight shows in a row. Also looks like the set lists were cut a song or two short on all three nights – possibly for the same reason.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Just got back to the hotel after the AB gig in Fayetteville. It was exciting tonight. Just before Myles and Mark got ready to do In Loving Memory, the girl in the crowd points to her forearm tattoo that says "Life Must Go On" and begs Myles to play it.

He goes "what key is that even in?" And Mark says "open G." After some fans helped him remember the first two lines, Myles sang the chorus twice with the crowd. Mark tried to play along as best he could with a guitar that was tuned to a different key. It was a great moment.

I have to say in the now 9 AB shows I've seen over the years, this one had the most energy. Myles even mentioned how it's been the best show of the tour this year. Everyone was singing every word and was clapping in time. It was great. Just wished the set was a song or two longer.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

One Drew Remains wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:12 am Just got back to the hotel after the AB gig in Fayetteville. It was exciting tonight. Just before Myles and Mark got ready to do In Loving Memory, the girl in the crowd points to her forearm tattoo that says "Life Must Go On" and begs Myles to play it.

He goes "what key is that even in?" And Mark says "open G." After some fans helped him remember the first two lines, Myles sang the chorus twice with the crowd. Mark tried to play along as best he could with a guitar that was tuned to a different key. It was a great moment.

I have to say in the now 9 AB shows I've seen over the years, this one had the most energy. Myles even mentioned how it's been the best show of the tour this year. Everyone was singing every word and was clapping in time. It was great. Just wished the set was a song or two longer.
setlist.fm says they played Blackbird instrumental. Is that true?
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

One Drew Remains wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:12 am Just got back to the hotel after the AB gig in Fayetteville. It was exciting tonight. Just before Myles and Mark got ready to do In Loving Memory, the girl in the crowd points to her forearm tattoo that says "Life Must Go On" and begs Myles to play it.

Sup Drew!

That does sound like the most AB thing, "is that song even on Blackbird, bro?!" :lol Sounds a cool moment for sure, will look out for some vids.
For all of the hope that it brings...

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

No. I don't know why it says that. Myles did his usual prelude to Blackbird is all.

Sup, Ubik. It's been a while. My wife got that LMGO bit, Fable, and Burn it Down on her phone. So if it doesn't show up, I'll eventually post it.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: “his tattoo says ‘Wonderwall’ so guess we gotta do it?”

Post by zazthespaz »

That’s awesome Drew, & good to see you! Guess I need to get a WDDTW tattoo and start riding the rail :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

jcrowe
Brand New Start

Post by jcrowe »

I wrote "play words darker!" On the back of a beer box and held it up at a show in Kansas City once.... did not work. Lol. Guess that gives me a week and a half to get tattooed!

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Mammoth WVH is done with the tour. 😢😢
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

One setlist complaint that I haven't had about the band before now is that they're putting too many must-play songs near the end. We've seen plenty of instances lately where they ran out of time and had to skip Open Your Eyes. Now it's happened with Rise Today. Isolation and Metalingus are also in that run of songs at the end.

Maybe they should put a song that isn't absolutely necessary for every show in the encore spot before whichever closer they choose (Open Your Eyes or Rise Today). Or even a variable spot where they switch out songs. They did so at the beginning of the tour with Slip To The Void.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

I always thought a deeper cut and then a bigger song would be cool for an encore.
Altered:

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well that was a fun Q&A. They answered my question on their plans for the rest of the year. They said there will one more tour this year that they have yet to announce. Keep your eyes peeled for it.

I prefer they answered if they will have an AB themed hockey jersey but that’s just me.

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

anguyen92 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:21 pm Well that was a fun Q&A. They answered my question on their plans for the rest of the year. They said there will one more tour this year that they have yet to announce. Keep your eyes peeled for it.

I prefer they answered if they will have an AB themed hockey jersey but that’s just me.
1... more.... tour?!?!?!?!?!

Fingers crossed for Seattle, or better a Vancouver date!

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

anguyen92 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:21 pm Well that was a fun Q&A. They answered my question on their plans for the rest of the year. They said there will one more tour this year that they have yet to announce. Keep your eyes peeled for it.

Ooooh, hoping they film something!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Back from the Grand Rapids show. I think this show is pretty darn close to the Toronto show in terms of my favorite concert ever. I don’t think I can have the words to say it properly. I’m pretty darn tired, but this area is a great area for concerts.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Calling it right now. It's either South America or Australia.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!