AB's next record label?

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
ThravRande
Burn It Down

AB's next record label?

Post by ThravRande »

Fret 12, maybe?
Myles Kennedy wrote:I think you're as sharp as.... whatever's sharp.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Re: AB's next record label?

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Doubtful on Fret12. They have yet to establish themselves as a big name record label like Roadrunner has.

Decay

Post by Decay »

I don't think AB's gonna change the label this time. They have their own Alter Bridge Recordings Label with EMI distributing in the States and Roadrunner for the rest of the world...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Man, can they ever release an album with the same record label? They and Roadrunner had a good thing going, but is the department in the UK really closed and if so are the bands' deal that were signed there just cut off like that?

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

Stone Sour's latest album was with Roadrunner here, I don't see why AB's can't be.
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I'm still a little confused as to what actually happened to Roadrunner. A bunch of their workers got laid off and offices closed, but as of now the label is still releasing albums.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

As far as I can tell, the Roadrunner closings haven't really affected anything. And with their Alter Bridge Recordings / EMI arrangement in the States, I see no reason for them to change. I think they're through with expecting labels to do much in terms of promotion.

It would be funny if they went four-for-four though. Who's even left? I guess Sony and Warner.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Doing the home cooked Fret 12 thing was a nice experiment for the Tremonti release, but I'd like to see them get more of the bugs worked out of the system before they tackled an AB release. I believe Man The Mighty's album is out (or coming out soon) on Fret 12, though obviously not as much national exposure as the Tremonti album has. And given the way they've picked up a few up and coming bands to promote as a sort of farm system, I'm sure they have more label releases on the way.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Roadrunner hasnt closed down. They just closed a few offices overseas.
Nothing has affected AB in Europe at all, they should and i think will stick with them over here, they'd be stupid not to really.. 4 albums and 4 labels would be a nightmare track record