AB Box Set

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: AB Box Set

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

I realize that it's all speculation at this point but realistically in my opinion if they want this box set to sell well they are going to have to depend on the hard-core fans because I don't think any casual fan of Alter Bridge will shell out something north of $100 for a box set. As much as I love this band and have bought everything that they have released to date, like many people have said I don't know if I'm going to buy this solely based on the fact that I own all of the CDs and DVDs contained in the package that we know of so far

I have the Blu-ray of the Wembley show I have the Blu-ray of live from Amsterdam I own One Day Remains and Blackbird, the only album that I do not own in its physical form is AB3 but I can purchase the for much cheaper than the cost of the box set I even have a high definition pro shot version of the Dortmund show. In my opinion if they want this box set to do well they're going to have to include in it something more than just additional live performances we have not seen before. I don't think that you can necessarily film any old concert put it on DVD and it becomes something special. I think a lot of it has to do with the venue, that in my opinion is what makes live from Amsterdam and the Wembley Arena show special that is what makes them special to go back and watch over and over again.

I strongly hope that they put some previously unreleased material in this box set and I'm not talking about just the bonus tracks that have not been officially released in the US, just like everybody else I'm talking about the unreleased b–sides that we have all been clamoring for for the last several years. It has been at least 12 years since we have learned of the existence of On My Way Now and it is still probably the most anticipated song for me personally that I want to hear. I just hope that they include stuff in this that is more than just a bundle of everything that's already been put out just putting it all in one place.

I'll have to reserve judgment until after I know officially what is included

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

They've been selling 5,000 - 11,000 tickets per show this upcoming European tour... I think they'll okay for fans happy to pay for stuff.. Especially as many, MANY fans have purchased £150 ($230) meet and greet packages.

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

I meant more along the lines of stateside

RuRo
Loyal Follower

Post by RuRo »

TremontiFan4Life wrote:It has been at least 12 years since we have learned of the existence of On My Way Now
Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:15 pm

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Did I do something?

EDIT

I meant to say 7 I don't know why when I posted that I thought we were in 2014 and even then it wouldn't be 12 years

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

Helldevil wrote:
gbruin wrote:Well, since the box set is coming out in May, it won't have the new album. Unless the date they are showing is just going to be an announcement of some sort.
Yes maybe the box will be just announced on that date. Otherwise it would be cool if there is a place for the next record to perfectly fit into the box
May 14th will be the first day of pre-order, and the announcement of the exact contents.
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Thanks, Stijn!
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

no problems dude!

should have mentioned my source was mr Catullo.. so it's not just some rumor! :)
"Sing it, Stijn!"

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Well, yeah, he ought to know! :lol
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Lockstar
Bought The CDs

Post by Lockstar »

Seriously, I can't see why this box set should include anything that any diehard fan would already have & paid for. I can't see any casual fan picking it up on a whim? Hopefully everything included will be something new.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

TremontiFan4Life wrote:I realize that it's all speculation at this point but realistically in my opinion if they want this box set to sell well they are going to have to depend on the hard-core fans because I don't think any casual fan of Alter Bridge will shell out something north of $100 for a box set. As much as I love this band and have bought everything that they have released to date, like many people have said I don't know if I'm going to buy this solely based on the fact that I own all of the CDs and DVDs contained in the package that we know of so far

I have the Blu-ray of the Wembley show I have the Blu-ray of live from Amsterdam I own One Day Remains and Blackbird, the only album that I do not own in its physical form is AB3 but I can purchase the for much cheaper than the cost of the box set I even have a high definition pro shot version of the Dortmund show. In my opinion if they want this box set to do well they're going to have to include in it something more than just additional live performances we have not seen before. I don't think that you can necessarily film any old concert put it on DVD and it becomes something special. I think a lot of it has to do with the venue, that in my opinion is what makes live from Amsterdam and the Wembley Arena show special that is what makes them special to go back and watch over and over again.

I strongly hope that they put some previously unreleased material in this box set and I'm not talking about just the bonus tracks that have not been officially released in the US, just like everybody else I'm talking about the unreleased b–sides that we have all been clamoring for for the last several years. It has been at least 12 years since we have learned of the existence of On My Way Now and it is still probably the most anticipated song for me personally that I want to hear. I just hope that they include stuff in this that is more than just a bundle of everything that's already been put out just putting it all in one place.

I'll have to reserve judgment until after I know officially what is included
While I agree with your post I'm pretty sure they confirmed a few years back that they didn't actually record "On My Way Now". Mark only has a demo version of the song.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

I don't ever expect to hear a studio version of On My Way Now

Decay

Post by Decay »

Me too. #sadbuttrue

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

Tell us what is in the box set

shaggy1084
Brand New Start

Post by shaggy1084 »

some content info
http://vimeo.com/63193033

Decay

Post by Decay »

We are already aware of this.

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

Hopefully we'll know whats in this in 3 days

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Steve? Rex? Cindy?

Post by zazthespaz »

MidnightToker wrote:Tell us what is in the box set

OR JOHN CENA WILL SNEEZE ON YOUR FACE

I think his first name is John, I'm really not sure
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Steve? Rex? Cindy?

Post by anguyen92 »

zazthespaz wrote:
MidnightToker wrote:Tell us what is in the box set

OR JOHN CENA WILL SNEEZE ON YOUR FACE

I think his first name is John, I'm really not sure
I'm not really sure of his 1st name, but I do know that his Mexican masked cousin was named Juan Cena.

Edit: Yes, his name is John.

Anywho, I am really hoping that this box set has some new content that no one, at all, has ever seen before and can only be seen by getting this thing, thus adding great incentive.

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

one more day till presale!
"Sing it, Stijn!"