AB IV Writing/Recording Sessions

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: AB IV Writing/Recording Sessions

Post by Ubik »

It's cool to hear, ABIII was a bit samey in terms of track length.
For all of the hope that it brings...

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by psycosquirrel789 »

Sounds promising. Getting slightly excited now.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Dayviewer wrote:
Macca wrote:zomg 7:20 longest song evar wroten
I know right? :lol :lol

edit: was just thinking, maybe it's just a regular 4 minute song but they pulled a Rise Today on it and do the chorus a bazillion times when it comes round each time :dance
Yea, or just a 4 minute song with an extended outro. Would be cool though, because we haven't seen something like that from Alter Bridge before, but it wouldn't make the song 'epic' or original.
Still very excited about that song :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Longer songs = more chance for instrumentation. I'm ok with this, carry on AB.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Maybe that's what they meant by "cerebral." More like "progressive" me hopes.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

michael never tweets me back when i ask him questions. fack

Roneit
Loyal Follower

Post by Roneit »

Myles used to tweet me back when he had around just 3,000 followers. Well, "tweet me back" it is very exaggerated, and sounds pretentious. He replied me with a very short DM maybe 3 or 4 times. But to me it was very awesome. I wonder if he still do this kind of things. This happen before he started to play with Slash.

Ps. 1: I really hope they dont try to do a Blackbird II, I mean, a music that sounds like Blackbird II. A long song, with variations and instrumental parts it will be beautiful, but at the same time, it cant be like they tried to make the samething. I know, very schizophrenic of me.

Ps. 2: I dont understand what everybody has against Before Tomorrow Comes. One of my favorites. Probably the song I most heard of Blackbird. =)

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Roneit wrote:Myles used to tweet me back when he had around just 3,000 followers. Well, "tweet me back" it is very exaggerated, and sounds pretentious. He replied me with a very short DM maybe 3 or 4 times. But to me it was very awesome. I wonder if he still do this kind of things. This happen before he started to play with Slash.

Ps. 1: I really hope they dont try to do a Blackbird II, I mean, a music that sounds like Blackbird II. A long song, with variations and instrumental parts it will be beautiful, but at the same time, it cant be like they tried to make the samething. I know, very schizophrenic of me.

Ps. 2: I dont understand what everybody has against Before Tomorrow Comes. One of my favorites. Probably the song I most heard of Blackbird. =)
Yes Michael still tweets ppl as well as Direct Message .

AB is smart enough to know that A Blackbird 2 would be a huge mistake because something that epic cant be replaced with the same thing.

And with Before Tomorrow comes I think that because they play it live so much it kinda wears on people

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Myles *

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Well, on the ABIII whiteboard there was a song called Blackbird II. Just saying.

But I agree that they shouldn't do it.;)
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

DonHarry
King Slayer

Post by DonHarry »

To be so afraid of them making a Blackbirdesque song is to conceed that we've already had the best they have to offer. I don't believe that's true, so if they have the inspiration for that type of song they should dare to dream. Blackbird doesn't have to be their crowning achievement, they could make something better, let them try.

Bob_BleedItDry
Neon Impossible

Post by Bob_BleedItDry »

Blackbird II could of been show me a sign to me that song is epic. Love it

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

DonHarry wrote:To be so afraid of them making a Blackbirdesque song is to conceed that we've already had the best they have to offer. I don't believe that's true, so if they have the inspiration for that type of song they should dare to dream. Blackbird doesn't have to be their crowning achievement, they could make something better, let them try.
I'd rather have them make a standalone song that tops everything they've done before. I believe they can still do that. I think that in the act of laying ties with older songs, they would be conceding themselves that they've already given us the best they have to offer.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

"Blackbird II" Was most surely Words Darker Than Their Wings. It's in the same key, has extremely similar chord progressions at times, is a somewhat longer song. Features a trade-off between Mark and Myles (in Blackbird it was solos, in Words it's vocals). They probably only labeled it that way however because it's just easy to remember.

I doubt Myles would even allow a Blackbird II to happen, unless he very much felt that something of that nature needed to be written for a loved one he was losing. And that being the case, I hope we never have to hear another "Blackbird" again. It's gotta be hard on Myles.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

It was labelled "Blk #2" from memory, so it's not entirely established that it was actually a "Blackbird 2".

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

I feel like the only information we have to speculate on a Blackbird Part II is the song length... The fact that someone described it as epic is irrelevant because AB has made a lot of "epic" songs.

Roneit
Loyal Follower

Post by Roneit »

Timotheus wrote:
DonHarry wrote:To be so afraid of them making a Blackbirdesque song is to conceed that we've already had the best they have to offer. I don't believe that's true, so if they have the inspiration for that type of song they should dare to dream. Blackbird doesn't have to be their crowning achievement, they could make something better, let them try.
I'd rather have them make a standalone song that tops everything they've done before. I believe they can still do that. I think that in the act of laying ties with older songs, they would be conceding themselves that they've already given us the best they have to offer.
For me, these are two separated things. What I meant before it was that I wouldnt want to see an attempt to make another Blackbird. I do hope they try make even better songs too, but doing a different thing, not trying to do the same. I remember Myles once had spoke in a interview that they always are challenging themselfs in a writer way, trying to top their previous work.

I hope a different approach in songs. Blackbird and ABIII had a lot of songs that are similar to each other. I would like to see a variations of tune, instruments, melodies... Each song with a very distinct personality.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I have a feeling that we'll get that.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

That's kinda hard to say from now on.. All we've heard is stuff like: "'epic, anthemic, huge"..

Edit: and cerebral :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Don't forget monster.

I definitely doubt that we'll get instrument variations.