AB IV Writing/Recording Sessions

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Re: AB IV Writing/Recording Sessions

Post by One Drew Remains »

Stranger things have happened. Didn't Sixx AM open for Motley at one time? And Austin, I'm not positive about this, but I thought I looked at that whiteboard once and saw (or had heard) that Myles has three solos on Fortress. Can anyone back me up on that? I'm not even sure what page of the old thread that the whiteboard it one.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

One Drew Remains wrote:Stranger things have happened. Didn't Sixx AM open for Motley at one time? And Austin, I'm not positive about this, but I thought I looked at that whiteboard once and saw (or had heard) that Myles has three solos on Fortress. Can anyone back me up on that? I'm not even sure what page of the old thread that the whiteboard it one.
That was a bit different. It was not like Sixx A.M. was opening for Motley Crue at a regular arena show. Sixx A.M. were playing an opening slot for Motley Crue's touring festival, Cruefest.

I don't think AB, or even Creed or Slash for that matter, are that big enough to host a touring festival where we get to see AB, Slash/Myles/Conspirators, Tremonti, Creed, and Projected, and I guess Sevendust, all at the same day.

Would be pretty funky and kinda cool idea, but I don't see that happening or working.

Edit:The more, I think about, the more I really like this idea. I might save this idea. This could be a winner of an idea.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Yes Sixx AM opened but like anguyen said, it's a festival situation, so it makes more sense.

This was what you were looking for? Which ones were you talking about? A couple have what looks like M in it for the solo part... Not sure if that's what you meant.
Thanks Timo!

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Actually, looking at an earlier version of the board (I have them saved on my PC - nerd - so not sure where it is in this thread) - the top song and Ritual (presumably now Fortress) have "MT" written on them, suggesting Myles also has leads there, second one down just has "Myles" written there. The bottom one and the one sixth up has "NS", presumably no solos. I'd figured the ones with half a cross were Myles too, but that's a guess.
For all of the hope that it brings...

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

how many whiteboard pics did they share?
Thanks Timo!

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I'm thinking just two. But yeah, it appears Myles has some solos. Should be tasty.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

It was five.
For all of the hope that it brings...

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

ah okay. So if they mastered all 13 songs, no bonus tracks? I think it would be cool if they had a deluxe version with old demoes, and demo versions of the songs on Fortress. Might be a lot to ask, but hey why not, doesnt look like we're getting that box set anytime soon anyway.
Thanks Timo!

Sunrunner1
Bought The CDs

Post by Sunrunner1 »

Decay wrote:
austinjhnsn wrote:I hope Fortress tops Blackbird for me, they are definitely capable.
Yeah, me too. I think Michael said Fortress (Ritual) landed at 7:20 mark. Fortress doesn't necessarily have to be longer than BB to top it. We'll see. I'm excited to hear it, excited to hear the new album overall. It's been way too long since we heard some new AB.
I thought someone said Fortress was 'nearly' seven minutes long? And, wasn't "Ritual" once described as an opus of badassness? :headscratch It may be an exaggeration, but that doesn't exactly seem like the kind of song people would deem as AB's softer side.
Destination Unknown...
We're Lost, But Not Alone

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

^That thought has crossed my mind. I assumed Ritual was Fortress, but their descriptions regarding those two tracks don't really match up. I'm starting to wonder if Ritual (or whatever it'll be called) is in the middle of the album and Fortress is the closer. We'll have to wait and see I guess.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Sunrunner1 wrote:
Decay wrote:
austinjhnsn wrote:I hope Fortress tops Blackbird for me, they are definitely capable.
Yeah, me too. I think Michael said Fortress (Ritual) landed at 7:20 mark. Fortress doesn't necessarily have to be longer than BB to top it. We'll see. I'm excited to hear it, excited to hear the new album overall. It's been way too long since we heard some new AB.
I thought someone said Fortress was 'nearly' seven minutes long? And, wasn't "Ritual" once described as an opus of badassness? :headscratch It may be an exaggeration, but that doesn't exactly seem like the kind of song people would deem as AB's softer side.
Um, I think Michael posted something like this at the very beginning of writing Fortress: ''Just spoke to Mark. He told me one song landed at 7:20.'' - So I assumed it was Ritual (Fortress)

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

austinjhnsn wrote:So if they mastered all 13 songs, no bonus tracks?
13 is a total amount of recorded songs. 14 were written, but 13 got accepted at the end.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Decay

Post by Decay »

14 songs were written, 1 got scrapped (Symphony). There are 13 songs on the album, no bonus tracks. Which I'm glad about. :)

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Decay wrote:14 songs were written, 1 got scrapped (Symphony). There are 13 songs on the album, no bonus tracks. Which I'm glad about. :)
Hmmmm I may be retarded but that's EXACTLY what I wrote. +1 to the post count anyway.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I asked Michael about the Ritual/Fortress case, but he hasn't answered. I guess we'll find out next week.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

dolo1993 wrote:
Decay wrote:14 songs were written, 1 got scrapped (Symphony). There are 13 songs on the album, no bonus tracks. Which I'm glad about. :)
Hmmmm I may be retarded but that's EXACTLY what I wrote. +1 to the post count anyway.
He does that..

Decay

Post by Decay »

Sorry, dolo, I shoulda quoted AustinJ's post. My bad.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Timotheus wrote:I asked Michael about the Ritual/Fortress case, but he hasn't answered. I guess we'll find out next week.
I have a feeling it might be the same song. I could be wrong, though.

Too bad we don't have the exact time of when we're getting Fortress tracklist and album cover, it could be any time next week. Gonna keep my eyes open on Twitter.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I love the excitement of not knowing everything yet, so I'm kinda happy they didn't reveal everything Wednesday.

But at the same time it sucks :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Timotheus wrote:I love the excitement of not knowing everything yet, so I'm kinda happy they didn't reveal everything Wednesday.

But at the same time it sucks :lol
Yeah, I'm so impatient and anxious when it comes to AB. :lol